• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Probably fake rumour: Alien Noire website countdown for Prey 2

V_Ben

Banned
Oh, the source has changed. All mention of Bethesda and Prey2 has disappeared. Another instance of "we didn't think people would look there?"

OXanCaW.png
This is at the bottom though.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
If this is for next gen I'll be super excited. Still not sure why it's being called Prey 2 though.

Alien Noire would actually be a fucking awesome name.

Muzzy

Looks like the game could release this year:

02lkz25.png

Next-gen?
01c8zm0.png

Human Head seems to be working on other projects as well:
03fizkx.png

Portugeezer

WTF why is this thread on the 3rd page people?

Prey 2!

FUCKING: PREY TWOOO!!!

Did you hear read that correctly!? Fuck PlayStation2013, this is the shit to hype right now!

i hope it is ditching the Prey monicker completely with this Alien Noire title. I honestly think the game will do better as a New IP than as a relatively unrelated sequel to a mediocre FPS.

After all the drama that surrounded this game after E3 2011 I'm happy to see it's alive but they must of worked they're asses if the game is actually coming out this year

Corto

I'm glad that it seems that Bethesda and Human Head dealt with and resolved their disagreements. It's nice that the game might see the light of day but it's even nicer that the studio has a way out of the whole mess.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Yes! Next-gen? FUCK YEAH!

I am very glad Human Head and Bethesda were able to work out their problems, but something makes me think that Bethesda did it not only to save the game, but for evading a PR problem. Anyway, good thing nonetheless.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Yes! Next-gen? FUCK YEAH!

I am very glad Human Head and Bethesda were able to work out their problems, but something makes me think that Bethesda did it not only to save the game, but for evading a PR problem. Anyway, good thing nonetheless.

how so?

Publishers cancel games and change developers all the time it's no really a PR disaster for anyone.

Chuck

Still without luck
Oh, the source has changed. All mention of Bethesda and Prey2 has disappeared. Another instance of "we didn't think people would look there?"

This is at the bottom though.

tw63qEr.png

This really bums me out. Was hoping for a renaming and unpreying.

edit: aww, prolly fake. never coming out ,_,

Clevinger

If anybody wants to read up on how Bethesda has caused this clusterfuck, this thread is a pretty interesting read:

http://forums.duke4.net/topic/3614-prey-2-to-be-out-in-2012/page__st__150

I thought for sure this game was dead or at the bare minimum, switching developers.

The more I read stuff like this the more I wonder if people aren't starting to just make up a bunch of shit about Zenimax. The "they pay reviewers to lower scores in order to save money" sounds like complete bullshit.
1. That would cost them money
2. More importantly, that would be just as likely to lower sales and cost them more money

If you're going to make up shit to make them look like they're the most evil publisher, at least make it logical.

Top Bottom