• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flags, features pirates and co-op

Pitmonkey

Take this with a very small amount of salt, I'll leave it at that.

Assassin's Creed 4 will be titled "Assassin's Creed: Black Flag," and will feature pirates.

http://www.examiner.com/article/rum...ack-flag-will-feature-pirates?cid=db_articles

Reddit said:
I just posted this in r/gaming but was told of this subreddit. Anyway, I was on a flight where the lady in the row in front of me was working on a powerpoint presentation on marketing strategies of several gaming titles. And one that stood out the most was AC4: Black Flags, aimed for release 2013 Holiday season according to her slide. It already had a cool looking logo for it.

Unfortunately I didn't take any photo, just wanted to share it with all the AC fans, and give those who are trying to figure out the next story line a little hint.

EDIT: thanks everyone for the nice karma and comments! It feels good to be able to contribute a bit to one of my favourite game ( I still need to play AC3 though..)

http://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/181u16/assassins_creed_iv_black_flags/
Yup. Dunno if its ac 4 but i heard the titles black flag and golden age. New lead character is rumored to be a father of a playable character and will have co op alongside a famous scottish pirate.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Naval battles were so awesome, and pirates are also awesome. This rumor, is really awesome. If true.

Was the ship stuff done by a different AC team? Would make sense if they are getting the "off year" game and putting more ship stuff in it. Personally I never cared about it, but would love to explore the Caribbean.

EMT0

Banned
Is this my 'become a pirate warlord and conquer the Caribbean/East Indies' game I've been waiting since forever for?

Ein Bear

YARR!

Awesome news if true, AC3 had a bland main character and a dull era. Will be really glad if they move onto something new instead of pulling a Brotherhood.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
This sounds so ridiculous. I mean the story, not the game. I guess it could be true though, pirate assassins sound neat.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't know how would this work....

The naval aspect of AssCreed 3 is surprisingly robust; all it's missing is the ability travel the high seas (i.e. the ocean as part of the overworld), dock somewhere and explore.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
A pirate themed Assassin's Creed with a big emphasis on the naval stuff from 3 has the potential to be absolutely fantastic.

I'm in.

ultron87

I've scientifically determined that an Age of Sail ship boarding scene is the best possible action sequence, so just make it a lot of that.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, god damn! I wanted co-op since Brotherhood.

Although, the series have actually gotten worse. They have better improve that thing. It's a damn shame they are so good at making the world, but not the story.

Tucah

you speak so well
Seeing as the ship combat was the best part of ACIII, this would be excellent if it was true.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Seeing as the ship combat was the best part of ACIII, this would be excellent if it was true.

The rumour being true would also explain why that's so; it's a core component of a future instalment.

That's either 100% real, or just a super good guess. Just re-use alot of assets from AC3, and you're golden. Just smacks of Ubisoft's laziness.

Also closer where the franchise is right now.

FatherJackSparrow.jpg

rataven

This is fantastic news if true. Never would have thought pirate shenanigans and naval warfare would work in the AC series, but III certainly showed that they do.

And I almost feel this is what ACIII proper should have been all along. Really mix up the series' formula.

Top Bottom