• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft pledges pipeline of support for Wii U, talks next gen exclusives

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/07/ubisoft-discusses-next-gen-exclusivity-wii-u-support
Rayman won't be Ubisoft's final effort on Wii U, despite the platform's struggle to sell, even as it loses its position as a high-profile exclusive. "We have a pipeline of games of very high quality coming on that machine, like Rayman Legends, which makes fantastic use of what the machine can do," says Guillemot. However, he points to Nintendo itself for the future of quality Wii U software, and says "they will make the necessary changes to the machine to make sure that it continues to grow fast on the market."
"On the very big games you will see less platform exclusives happen in the future generation because of the potential, the possibilities of next-generation PCs and the next-generation of consoles will bring," Guillemot says. "That’s for the big games. For the smaller games, like you have on Xbox Live Arcade or PSN, you will probably still see some exclusive games."

Translation: "After wasting our time With Rayman on Wii U we will shower the stupid Wii U audience with our usual shovelware!!"

Nice future ahead :/

Rayman won't be Ubisoft's final effort on Wii U, despite the platform's struggle to sell, even as it loses its position as a high-profile exclusive. "We have a pipeline of games of very high quality coming on that machine, like Rayman Legends, which makes fantastic use of what the machine can do," says Guillemot. However, he points to Nintendo itself for the future of quality Wii U software, and says "they will make the necessary changes to the machine to make sure that it continues to grow fast on the market."

I wonder what Guillemot means by that. A Wii U rebranding and relaunch, perhaps?

NateDrake

Release another demo of Rayman Legends on Wii U at least. You are sitting on a finished product for the next 7 months.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist is still almost surely making it to Wii U, hopefully we'll know by E3.

I can see the new AC making it for sure if it's also on PS3 and 360, sadly less likely if it's aimed primarily for PS4/720 (depends if Ubisoft will make that effort).

A new Rabbids is obvious (Raving Rabbids or better something more like Go Home).

I do hope they can fetch Straight Right about a potential FC3 port, it is the main big one from last year missing on Wii U.

For the smaller games, like you have on Xbox Live Arcade or PSN, you will probably still see some exclusive games."

not surprised by this. this gen saw the seeds being planted and it will only grow next gen.

Mondriaan

Ubisoft does have a record of being one of the more successful third parties on the Wii, even if many people here aren't exactly fans of titles like "Just Dance".

Raist

Banned
I wonder what Guillemot means by that. A Wii U rebranding and relaunch, perhaps?

N64+expansion+pack.jpg

Or most likely, price and/or marketing.

A rebrand would REALLY hurt eralier games if it's a rename for instance, unless at least they reprint boxes and dig back in the code of their games to replace the name.

Sony redid the PS3 logo which I thought was weird, they did at least replaced the original on Greatest Hits games, but did they change the logo in the games if they had them?

Also how would you explain NSMBU and ZombiU if the name changes unless they keep the U in the console name?

Also, has a console ever changed it's name after launch?

"Necessary changes to the machine".

I have zero fucking idea what that could possibly mean. It's not like 3DS where you can just roll out a bigger model.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
IGNhyperbole said:
Rayman won't be Ubisoft's final effort on Wii U, despite the...
Come on! Did anyone actually believe that?

Madouu

You're reading too much into it in my opinion. He's probably talking about software mainly and a better marketing push once said software is available.

Interesting statement, some nice damage control.

pvpness

Can we hope for Watch_Dogs ?

I would think so. They said they delayed Rayman cause the fans wanted it on the other systems, so that logic should work in reverse. I expect it to release the same day as other versions and trust that ubi will delay all versions if necessary.

Mojojo

"We have a pipeline of games of very high quality coming on that machine, like Rayman Legends, which makes fantastic use of what the machine can do," says Guillemot.

wow lol.. So the example for his pipeline of games coming to WiiU is Rayman Legends...Am I in the twilight zone?

I would think so. They said they delayed Rayman cause the fans wanted it on the other systems, so that logic should work in reverse. I expect it to release the same day as other versions and trust that ubi will delay all versions if necessary.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the 360/PS3 versions disappear completely and the game turn out to be a next gen title all along.

Raist

Banned
Nope you're not wrong. Nintendo is charging full steam into the future and all is well and good

2, not 3. Well, sold through.

Anyway, I wouldn't read too much into Guillemot's statement. Sounds like a rushed PR move to counter the eactions to Rayman's delay.

Top Bottom