• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Map Workshop and new game mode added to Counter-Strike: GO, 50% off weekend deal

We’re excited to announce the launch of the Map Workshop for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. Now it’s easy to discover and play new maps and game modes designed by the Counter-Strike community.

With the Map Workshop you can find new maps, vote for favorites and subscribe to any map or game mode that you'd like. Steam will automatically download the map, and update it whenever the author makes a change. Workshop maps can used in quickmatches, private matches through Play With Friends, or even offline with bots.

Map makers can specify a wide range of gameplay-affecting settings. Stick to the standard CS formula, or create a totally new experience for players. Don't worry about trying something new or testing a unique feature because you can update your maps as often as you'd like. Players and servers that have subscribed will automatically get all new updates!

You can learn more about the new Map Workshop here.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/9901/

new mode:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=125528758&searchtext=

- Control more points than the other team at the end of the round to win.
- Own all control points to cut off the other team's spawn.
- Gain health and cash by standing on control points.

Another new mode:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=125529224&searchtext=

As a Counter-Terrorist, use your sniper rifles to eliminate the Terrorists on the adjacent building before they can capture all of the points!

As a Terrorist, work together to capture all five points before the time runs out!

The new mode sounds really nice. I can't wait to try it later.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm not great, nor do I play an insane amount, but I highly recommend buying this game while it's on sale if you like counterstrike at all.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
The competitive mode is a lot of fun now that matchmaking has been sped up. I'm pleasantly surprised.

Randdalf

Also, as somebody who has barely played any Counter-Strike before, I've been really enjoying this game compared to the previous ones. It's really well made, especially so after the content updates that Valve has been doing. From the recent update, Assault is wonderfully crafted artistically, whereas the previous effort in Source is possibly one of the ugliest official maps I've had the displeasure of playing.

AlexBasch

Still wondering about picking this one up. Wasn't it hated by the CS hardcore fandom? Because I might jump into it if so, instead of being ridiculously destroyed by them. :p

FinKL

Still wondering about picking this one up. Wasn't it hated by the CS hardcore fandom? Because I might jump into it if so, instead of being ridiculously destroyed by them. :p

CS:GO is closer to CS1.6 than CS:S. It was hated on mainly because it's not the remade 1.6 like people were expecting. I actually enjoy it because of the improved graphics and physics, but I don't play 1337 competitive anymore. In fact, now that I'm older and have no time, I like the Gun Game mode over the traditional de_maps mainly because you respawn after you die. If not Gun Game, Death Match servers :)

Madouu

It can be fun, especially in a group of friends.

bolded: We still hop in from time to time :p

Top Bottom