View Single Post
liger05
Banned
(02-11-2013, 01:37 PM)
NOTE: THIS IS A DIFFERENT PERSON UNRELATED TO THE OP.

The account systems needs changing but they did hook the dude up.

http://nintendofunclubpodcast.wordpr...service-rules/

Nintendo Customer Service Rules
Posted on January 11, 2013

If you follow this blog or the podcast, you may know that I had some, uh, issues with my Wii to Wii U transfer process.

Well, I spoke with Nintendo again earlier today, and it’s been worked out.

And then some.

Basically, Nintendo remotely deleted the licences for my Virtual Console and WiiWare purchases remotely from my Wii system, and credited my Wii shop on the Wii U with 57000 points ($570, the value of my Wii Virtual Console/Wiiware library). Then they gave me a bonus $50 to my Wii U account for “the inconvenience.”

I now have the freedom and means to build the ultimate Virtual Console library on my Wii U.

I loved my Wii Virtual Console library and felt it was a very strong one, so 75% of what I buy will likely be the same. But I bought some duds along the 6+ year journey I spent cultivating the library, mistakes I certainly will not be repeating. There are also quite a few titles on the shop that I want, but never purchased, so all my “man, I kind of wish I would have bought X rather than Y” regrets are now moot. My Wii VC is getting a second chance, a clean slate.

So really, this turned out to be a blessing of sorts. It was a a bit of a pain, but this really was the best possible outcome for a seemingly hopeless and unprecedented scenario.

I’m incredibly satisfied with the way this turned out, but if I said this great customer service and very generous gesture by the company made me a lifelong customer and supporter, I’d be lying.

I was made a lifelong customer and supporter of Nintendo in 1988, when I first played The Legend of Zelda on the NES and it changed my life and made me fall completely in love with not just Nintendo, but the medium in general. Since then, Nintendo, like any creative/tech company has had its ups and downs, but they have always brought my life more joy and positivity than frustration in the decades since I first placed that gold cartridge into my NES.

In the end, this issue was resolved in a satisfactory way that, while there are some downsides (bye bye Last Story and Super Smash Bros. Brawl save data), the benefits of cherry-picking my Virtual Console library and basically getting a free Wii U game certainly outweigh the negatives.

Just add this to the list of reasons why I love Nintendo and will remain a loyal customer and supporter to the end.

Last edited by Nirolak; 02-11-2013 at 04:36 PM.