• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Console War III: Sony's first jab at Microsoft: "Jump Out", "Yoga Isn't Gaming"

weebay.gif
ohhhhh.gif

Pimpbaa

Sony might be disappointed how few console gamers are left when you leave the casuals out.

Previous generations did just fine focusing on the gamer. Hell that's what made the 360 popular (MS targeting gamers the first few years). Casual gamers are fickle and seemingly moved on to playing games on smartphones and tablets.

"Playstation changes. Will copy the Xbox 360."

PS Kinect

PGR clone

console "entertainment center"

SmartGlass

etc
Eyetoy existed before Kinect
PGR was first created as a competitor to Gran Turismo
Sony pioneered the entertainment side of consoles
Smart glass? Not even sure what that's referring to? Connectivity with other devices? (PSP, Vita) or having a tablet?

Shadybiz

Dang, shots fired. Hopefully that means that they are moving away from the idea of motion control. Matter of opinion, but it's just not my thing.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Previous generations did just fine focusing on the gamer. Hell that's what made the 360 popular (MS targeting gamers the first few years). Casual gamers are fickle and seemingly moved on to playing games on smartphones and tablets.

I believe this industry can pull them back to console gaming if they want to

We'll see how Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft do it

The general feeling right now is that the Wii U is underperforming and that microsoft is going kinect/entertainment.

This is the perfect attitude for Sony to take. Games. Games. Games.

It's not often that sony marketing gets something right. I think it's freaking us all out.

This combined with the Yoga jabs, Sony is back to arrogant mode and feeling themselves.

This is aggressive Sony more than arrogant Sony. Arrogant Sony wouldn't acknowledge them because they'd think that they were above Nintendo and MS. Aggressive Sony was the one that took the Dreamcast very seriously, even after all the stuff that Sega had been through.

Top Bottom