• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny pre-order materials leak [Up3: Box Art/Info, 360/PS3, Retailer Says Oct 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update:

des4-noscale.jpg

des5-noscale.jpg

French retailer says October 6.

MFsL1m2.jpg

52020_jaqr_Project_Tiger_Pre_Order_PS3_inlay_UK_129x171.jpg

http://www.vg247.com/2013/02/15/destiny-releasing-october-16-according-to-french-retailer/
http://www.micromania.fr/vente/achat_destiny_Jeu-52022-XBOX360.html

52022_jaqr_Project_Tiger_Pre_Order_X360_inlay_UK_129x171.jpg

---

Competitive Multiplayer!

http://www.destructoid.com/best-buy-pre-order-materials-reveal-info-on-destiny-245096.phtml

destinyfront.jpg

destinyback.jpg

destiny_preorder.jpg

(Source.)

This pic was tweeted by a journalist yesterday:

breach.jpg

Killer

Banned
I knew they will use "from the creators of Halo"

Cool concept art. That what prothean should've looked like in H4.

Competitive mode confirmed! HALO had a good run.

Raide

As long as their is loot of some description, I am Day 1. Would be awesome to see a Console built MMOFPS by a big developer.

Korosenai

Hmm preorder's already. Will be interesting to see how that works out since the nextbox isn't officially announced yet (assuming this will still be a next gen game as well).

Jb

Oh shit son. From the flyer seems like the game is a mix of solo/coop/competitive game, rather than separate modes.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Man, they're really banking on people not knowing what a publisher actually does.

Beckx

There is a lot of delicious detail in that half-covered poster.\

....Traveler. It sparked a Golden Age....

...something hit us, knocked us down...

...defend the City....

...defeat powerful foes and earn unique.... [This sounds MMO or RPG/Sish, though could imply a basic progression system, I guess]

..vehicles... [PLEASE BE SPACESHIPS, PLEASE BE SPACESHIPS]

"From the creators of Halo and the publisher of Call of Duty"

What's wrong with that?

I think it's a weird thing to advertise with. Publishers don't have much effect on a game, so why would a specific publisher be a selling point? Or are they banking on the general audience not knowing the difference between developers and publishers?

I wasn't trying to rip on CoD or anything, I guess I made it look like that.

StuBurns

Banned
Listing a publisher does say something about the project, publishers dictate terms, and secure promotion and first party relationships. To say it's from the publishers of Call of Duty says quite a lot about how the franchise will be positioned and supported.
Are they?

That card is surprisingly absent of platforms.
How can they not?

"Would you like to preorder Destiny, the new game from the makers of Halo?"
"What's it on?"
"No idea."
"No, then."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom