• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Evolution Studios working on 'Drive Club' for PS4

The Dutch website Gamer.nl has looked through the filed trademarks from Sony studios and they found out that Evolution Studios (of Motorstorm fame) have registered the trademark 'Drive Club'.

Source

They filed the trademark on February 13th 2012 through the website of United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO, serial number 85540921). Earlier there were already rumors of a new racegame from Evolution Studios so this fits in nicely.

The source is in Dutch so I've extracted all information I could extract from the news item.

Hopefully we'll hear more about this game at the Sony conference today!

Apologies if old or not thread-worthy.

UPDATE: Trademark taken offline. That was fast!

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
This could be that game that was going to wear the Gran Turismo branding before Polyphony said no.

And this could be the game that the Project Gotham Racing lead coder is working on.

Someone hold me, I'm shivering from the potential awesomeness.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
If this game is 1/1000000000000000000000th as good as PGR, this might be a system seller for me.

Between this and the rumored PGRV, I may have a reason to keep gaming in the next generation...

jiggle

Dark-City-1998-00002.jpg

3 more hours...

ascii42

This could be that game that was going to wear the Gran Turismo branding before Polyphony said no.

And this could be the game that the Project Gotham Racing lead coder is working on.

Someone hold me, I'm shivering from the potential awesomeness.

Sounds reasonable.

Sounds awesome.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
i thought that it might be a reboot of the jaguar game, but thats club drive. so im optimistic

Hoo-doo

Banned
Dudes from Bizarre Creations are working at Evolution now?

Someone hold me. PGR3 and PGR4 were the absolute pinnacle of arcade racing.

No doubt.
Not sure about 'Drive Club' though, will it be the name of the game or a community aspect?

Mr_eX

At first I thought this said Club Drive and I got really excited that they were rebooting that Jaguar classic

Top Bottom