• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XboxEvent.com just registered by the same company that did Xbox's E3 presentations

ekim

The company Eventcore (formerly ustechs) just registered the Domain xboxevent.com yesterday (February 21th)
http://whois.domaintools.com/xboxevent.com

Eventcore plans and executes large events and meetings like 2013 AT&T developer summit (http://www.whois.com/whois/2013devsummit.com) and they only acquire domains for events they are organizing.
https://www.eventcore.com/

They also have MS in their list of references. (e.g. https://microsofthostingsummit.com/)
But especially this:
www.xboxe312.com (google cache) - official site for media registration for E3 2012 Keynote
untitledmboo7.png
This event is also managed by Eventcore and the domain was acquired also by them.

Now we compare both sites:
untitledo1rja.png

another example:

:eek:

Xbox event around the corner?

Izick

Said it in the other two threads:

Oh shit I forgot that Gears of War: Judgement comes out on March 19th. So to me I'm guessing we could see an announcement for the event as early as a week from that game's launch. Microsoft seems pretty savvy about not having any overlap in product announcements and releases so I think it's pretty safe to say we won't see anything before the 19th.

To go into more detail, I bet we're going to see a few surprises from third parties. Possibly Call of Duty X or Battlefield 4, The Walking Dead Season 2, a new Mass Effect or Dragon Age, GTA V, and a few other third party games.

DaBuddaDa

To go into more detail, I bet we're going to see a few surprises from third parties. Possibly Call of Duty X or Battlefield 4, The Walking Dead Season 2, a new Mass Effect or Dragon Age, GTA V, and a few other third party games.

Battlefield 4 being confirmed but not announced at Sony's presser makes me think it'll be featured, and maybe some other EA stuff.

Other possibilities: GTA V next-gen shown along with some sort of "exclusive content" deal, and a teaser of Respawn's game.

Daedardus

I read that as Call of Duty X Battlefield 4.
I won't count on it though. Third parties weren't full of surprises on PS4 either.

Yeah, this is reactionary to Sony.

People keep saying they've planned this months in advance are probably right to some degree but I really think they are feeling the pinch now.

We are in for interesting times.

People keep saying they've planned this months in advance are probably right to some degree but I really think they are feeling the pinch now.

Decades from now, after the world is in ruin, old men will tell their children about how they fought in the great Console War.

S1kkZ

if ms feels pressured by sony (or vice versa), only good things can come out of this.

It takes months to set up a reveal like this and I guarantee you that they have had everything planned by the day on how to prepare for it. I just don't see Microsoft not taking this seriously as Sony is. I doubt much has changed with their reveal after Sony's. Also, judging by some MS guy and Major Nelson's tweets, they seemed pretty confident after Sony's reveal.

casmith07

Microsoft could win by pulling an Apple and after announcing the XBox 3 (for lack of a better name), Ballmer goes "and this is all available today...right now...at Microsoft stores and online at Microsoft.com."

gaming_noob

This is great news for us. Looking forward to it.

The usual Halo, Forza and Gears can wait until E3. Please show Alan Wake 2, and what Black Tusk Studios and Rare are doing. I'm hearing really good things from those two. Ryse also, I guess, since that apparently is no longer Kinect focused.

This will be more important to the industry than Sony's or Nintendo's conferences. Microsoft has a huge advantage going into next gen, so this event has to be big for them.

Top Bottom