Originally Posted by Derrick01
There was a time when Bioware had yet to pull a Bioware. Same with Infinity Ward, Bethesda, Epic, Crytek, IO, and so many others.
Not that these guys are there yet, but I don't put faith in anyone anymore.
Just like I wrote on Reddit, CD Projekt is now able to get some good
foreign developers, and other companies are interested in acquiring them. So far they are independent, but I fear, that it will change after TW3 or Cyberpunk 2077. I hope I'm wrong, because I absolutely love them, but it doesn't seem unlikely - especially since they're publicly listed on Warsaw Stock Exchange (hostile takeover anyone?).
If anyone's interested, here are some of the foreign developers that are now working for CDPR:
- Bill Daly - ex BioWare, Sony, Disney employee - Lead Character Artist
- Gene Rozenberg - ex 38 Studios (KoA) - Audio Lead at CD Projekt
- Marwin So - ex Spicy Horse (Alice: Madness Returns, American McGee's Grimm) and Enlight Software (Capitalism, Seven Kingdoms) employee - gameplay designer.
- Simon V. Besombes - ex. Climax, Codemasters employee - 3d Artist
- Patrick K. Mills - ex. Obsidian employee - Quest designer on Cyberpunk 2077
- Lucie Schaar - ex. Climax employee - 3D Animator
- Chris Hardwick - ex. Codemasters, EA, Starbreeze Studios employee - Senior Engine Programmer
- Daniel Neve - ex. Crytek employee - Programmer
- Balázs Török - ex. Eidos employee - Senior Engine Programmer
- Eduard El-mestre López Plans - ex. Ubisoft employee - Gameplay Programmer
- Kyle Brennan - ex. Bioware employee - Junior Gameplay Designer on Cyberpunk 2077
- Ryan Pergent - ex. Ubisoft employee - Gameplay designer on Cyberpunk 2077
- Damien Monnier - ex. Sony, Team17 employee - Gameplay Designer
- Ovidiu Voica - ex. Ubisoft employee - Senior Character Artist
- Tracy M. Williams - ex. THQ, Warner Bros. employee - Head of Marketing & PR, Americas
- Jonas Mattsson - ex. Rare employee - Level Artist