• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Liberation Maiden coming to iOS, out now in some countries.

Goli

mzl.sysqhebn.320x480-75.jpg

mzl.uohhrabb.320x480-75.jpg

mzl.nfwcybtx.320x480-75.jpg

mzl.mprdobzw.320x480-75.jpg

LIBERATION MAIDEN, a high-energy action shooter, comes to life in stunning detail on the suite of Apple tablets and touchscreen products!

*** DESCRIPTION ***

100 years in the future, players take the role of Shoko Ozora, a high school student who steps into the role of President of New Japan after her father’s assassination. With her country all but taken by fierce invaders wielding advanced weaponry, Shoko rides out on her Liberator, Kamui, to free her people and restore the once beautiful nation!

Her heroic battle for independence and "liberation" is about to begin!

*No registration or account setup is required.

*** FEATURES ***

■ An Unprecedented Collaboration
From a concept by Grasshopper Manufacture’s SUDA51 comes an all-star cast of artists, designers and musicians who bring AAA production value to the downloadable space.

■ An Intense Action Shooter That Never Relents
Face powerful opposition from an arsenal of ground forces as you take to the sky with your lock-on lasers and graceful evasive maneuvers. Complete mission objectives across multiple stages that culminate in thrilling assaults on the enemy’s massive Conduit Spikes.

■ Simple and Intuitive Controls Meet Dazzling Graphics
Anyone can enjoy the high-octane action with easy-to-play controls that can be further adjusted to suit your dominant hand. Beginners can view tutorials and have the controls explained at any time. Optimized for the retina display, the battle to reclaim New Japan is captured in a visual festival of high resolution imagery.

■ The Latest Tech for Your Mech
With support for a wide range of popular Apple products, players on the latest devices will experience the ultimate in comfortable controls and the exhilaration of cutting-edge graphics.

No matter how you experience LIBERATION MAIDEN, get ready for a showdown of unparalleled action!

■ Expanded Game Play with Game Center
Face new Challenges*, compete for high scores with your friends, and aim for the top of the Leaderboard!

*Challenges only compatible on iOS 6.0 or higher
*4th Generation iPod touch not compatible with Game Center features.

*** COMPATIBLE DEVICES ***

iOS: 5.0 and higher
iPhone: 4 and higher
iPod touch: 4th generation and higher
iPad: 2 and higher, iPad mini
*Certain devices are excluded

*** OFFICIAL WEBSITE ***

http://level5ia.com/ios/liberation-maiden/
https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/liberation-maiden/id589390349

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Whoa neat. Will buy.

Maybe I won't have to buy a 3DS for Crimson Shroud after all? Thought for some reason those games would only stay on the 3DS.

SmokyDave

Looks pretty cool, I reckon I'll give it a go when it hits the UK. iCade support not mentioned so I assume not present.

Goli

Whoa neat.

Maybe I won't have to buy a 3DS for Crimson Shroud after all?

Maybe. All I know is I'm glad I didn't buy the 3DS version of this, and in fact now I sort of regret getting Aero Porter and Crimson Shroud, I'd rather have them on iOS.

Glass Rebel

Whoa neat. Will buy.

Maybe I won't have to buy a 3DS for Crimson Shroud after all? Thought for some reason those games would only stay on the 3DS.

I haven't played Liberation Maiden so I can't comment on that but Crimson Shroud would need quite a bit of screen switching to work on an iDevice.

Goli

But I just buy this on 3DS! No extras at least?

Well, this version has higher resolution graphics, "challenges", leaderboards and achievements, according to the app description/screenshots... All of which the 3DS doesn't have.

rjc571

Banned
Well, this version has higher resolution graphics, "challenges", leaderboards and achievements, according to the app description/screenshots... All of which the 3DS doesn't have.

The 3DS version has challenges (listed under "gallery" in the records menu), which are the same thing as achievements.

Goli

The 3DS version has challenges (listed under "gallery" in the records menu), which are the same thing as achievements.

But those achievements were accessible in the game only, the 3DS has no system wide achievements or anything and iOS does via Game Center, so that is new, in a way.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Crimson Shroud would make much more sense on Smartphones and Tablets, I can't imagine this being so playable.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
See? Neogaf agrees that ios gaming is not that bad after all!

though i hope they port aero porter instead of this game.

duckroll

See? Neogaf agrees that ios gaming is not that bad after all!

though i hope they port aero porter instead of this game.

I don't see why they wouldn't all be coming. They spaced the eShop releases out by several weeks, so they could do the same here.

I'm all for any more possible exposure for Crimson Shroud, so I hope that's next. That game was fantastic. Even if Matsuno isn't working for Level 5 anymore, I want as much encouragement as possible for him to make more awesome RPGs with great stories. I also loved the pen & paper look the game had.

NotLiquid

So is Liberation Maiden not that good? Been kind of wanting to get it on the 3DS for a while and I love the lead character's design but I've been a bit hesitant since I've not seen that many opinions on the game.

wrowa

Darn. Not all that interested in Liberation Maiden, but now I've to decide whether I'll pick up Crimson Shroud for 3DS or iOS, eh? This is difficult.

I think I would likely have an easier time to concentrate on the game on 3DS (somehow I only start my iOS games but never actually finish the games...), but at the same time I dont have to worry about a breaking 3DS and I wouldn't need to play it on dat low-res screen.

Miroku129

So is Liberation Maiden not that good? Been kind of wanting to get it on the 3DS for a while and I love the lead character's design but I've been a bit hesitant since I've not seen that many opinions on the game.

It's a Suda51's game... don't expect a deep gameplay

duckroll

Great production values, really nice presentation, but it's a really generic and sloppy touchscreen shooter with pretty much zero depth and light on content. It's probably a one hour game which most people will never want to play again. Awesome production values though. Slick opening and ending animation movies by BONES, good soundtrack by Elements Garden, a few vocal tracks too, great menus, nice art gallery. It's probably worth the few bucks just for the art and sound, but the game is kinda meh.

Hero

Great production values, really nice presentation, but it's a really generic and sloppy touchscreen shooter with pretty much zero depth and light on content. It's probably a one hour game which most people will never want to play again. Awesome production values though. Slick opening and ending animation movies by BONES, good soundtrack by Elements Garden, a few vocal tracks too, great menus, nice art gallery. It's probably worth the few bucks just for the art and sound, but the game is kinda meh.

I would probably agree with the majority of this. The gameplay really is the weakest aspect of it.

Aaron

So it's basically every Suda game ever.

duckroll

Hmmmm, I noticed on the iTunes page they say the game is "English/Japanese". Does this mean the iOS release has dual language? Aaaaaaaaaaah. Iirc the main character in the Japanese version is voiced by Hanakana. Lol.

Goli

Hmmmm, I noticed on the iTunes page they say the game is "English/Japanese". Does this mean the iOS release has dual language? Aaaaaaaaaaah. Iirc the main character in the Japanese version is voiced by Hanakana. Lol.

Most iOS games have all the languages they've ever been released to in one package and depending on which language your device is set to the game decides which to display, so chances are if your iDevice is set to Japanese the game's gonna be in Japanese, yeah.

Shoyz

I own it on 3DS. It's really really short. So short that there's an 'achievement' for playing the game for 2 hours.
Which I haven't gotten because you can complete it in around 1 hour, if not less.

Goli

So, did anyone here buy it?
I already owned Aero Porter and Crimson Shroud so I was like "what the hell" and purchased this about 15 minutes ago.
The game looks good on a small screen, in this case I'm playing on an iPhone 4S, but if you actually take a direct feed screenshot like I did here you can see it doesn't look so good in reality:
IRh3Od.png

vs
s8wJ3q.jpg
on 3DS.
The textures could definitely use some work, but like I said, you can't really tell on a small screen.

The controls are a bit odd, or maybe it's just that I'm not used to an iOS game requiring you to actually use more than a single finger at the same time to play it, but they seem workable. I mean, I'm sure that if I play more it'll feel natural... Unfortunately, after a few minutes the game crashed out of nowhere. I'll play more of it later, but so far I don't see why most people find it so bad. In fact, if it hadn't crashed I'd still be playing :p.

M3d10n

The way the controls are setup, forget about playing this on an iPad unless you put it on your lap or use a stand, since you have to both hold the device and move the virtual analog with your left hand.

Top Bottom