• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice Import impressions thread

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Yeah, that would have been nice. At least there still is a way to chat with friends while playing.

Not really imprtant but, I haven't seen any videos of anyone messing around with Rebrom, or tapping the screen to squish cockroaches as yet. Hope those little extra touches are still there :)
Of course they are! But I believe you still can't kill cockroaches (or I still suck too much for that).

2 quick quests with
Percival
. His voice is really child like, but I guess that was necessary for the creation of the character. At least the beginning of his backstory makes me think so.

Damn there are a lot of quests in this game.
So you get AI teammates if you don't have other players for online play ?
Yes, you get forced story teammates for use in other quests and a new teammate for every saved (not sacrificed) boss.

Cha

Yes, you get forced story teammates for use in other quests and a new teammate for every saved (not sacrificed) boss.

So if you save a boss, and then replay the mission and sacrifice them, do they disappear from your party?

Thank you Bic Camera. Good deal on the double pack. Doing my part to boost the Soul Sacrific numbers! Real close to getting the Red Vita. Looks amazing up close.

Anyone in the US need a copy?

Edit: PM me if you want it, will let you know price details (basically what I paid plus shipping)

$h@d0w

I'm gonna wait for the US release on this, but some anecdotal evidence of the popularity of this game - my near just blew up from 5-10 people to 80-100 overnight (Hong Kong).

Edit - near with 1km radius

So, apparently, it's selling very well in Japan.

In the 15 minutes my friend and I were chilling at the Bic Camera 6 or 7 copies were sold and 3 Vitas. There was a huge display and demo kiosks with it. Again, this is anecdotal, at it was at 730 when people were getting out of work.

Good news for importers, 45 minutes in and it is easy to understand what to do. Even inverted the controls.

BTW, the gameplay is super fun and the soundtrack is fucking amazing.

In the 15 minutes my friend and I were chilling at the Bic Camera 6 or 7 copies were sold and 3 Vitas. There was a huge display and demo kiosks with it. Again, this is anecdotal, at it was at 730 when people were getting out of work.
No launch event kind of thing where people lined up to buy the game? Or is that not the norm in japanese?

Kyoufu

This game looks amazing.

I'm guessing no but has Sony said if online servers are going to be cross region?

Maedhros

So how was it? Lots of people?

There where some photos posted:

BEvxwYFCIAAO-o9.jpg

BEvzhmpCEAEC8gc.jpg

Would love more GAF impressions. My friends on the fence about buying a Vita just for this but positive impressions are swaying him.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
RSG online multiplayer party in progress, expect screenshots/impressions after that.

Cha

Has this been posted? Exclusive reversible cover for EU

http://bit.ly/13KLos7

It reminds me alot of Demon's Souls, I really like it.

Awesome! I much prefer the darker cover to the colourful mess.
Although, I still want to make my own cover using one of the other official artworks :D

RSG online multiplayer party in progress, expect screenshots/impressions after that.

Red Sun Gamer crew going in hard right now. Lots of caps, madness, and impressions incoming. Probably.
AAWW YISSSSSS!!!!

Ebris

This game looks so interesting.

When I can afford it, it's gonna be the game that'll get me to buy a Vita. Can't wait.

I am actually more hype for this than monster hunter(i like god eater more now too...)
will see if asia English can connect with us player before buying,Online play for us games for me may be lag sometime and i never see any other vita owner in the wild here.(even the games shops i frequent says vita sales suck :( ......)

Cha

That slanted screen in that stream is a bit too much for me.
The number of live streams for SS on NicoNico seems to be picking up too.
Here's one that started recently (multiplayer) http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv129359501

It helps to search for vids using "ソウル・サクリファイス" on niconico, cos not everyone tags their videos with the english title.

Put in another 30 minutes before bed last night. They are slowly increasing the difficulty curve. So far so good making sure I am not rushing my battles.

It is weird to describe, but the best way I can do it is that most of the attacks are EPIC. The charge up animations are really cool.

Quick question about magic.

So if I use one of my magics too much, I lose it completely? Like I would lost one of them, and even if I sacrificed some small enemies it would not return.

How can I tell that I am low on magic before I lose it completely?

Trigonx

Quick question about magic.

So if I use one of my magics too much, I lose it completely? Like I would lost one of them, and even if I sacrificed some small enemies it would not return.

How can I tell that I am low on magic before I lose it completely?

If you use too much of one spell during a fight it breaks until you use the tears you collect from the book to repair the spell after a fight. It then becomes useable the next fight.

Pretty sure the magic will start blinking in a red color when it is getting very low. at 24:10 or so in that video in the post above will show the spell blinking then the guy uses the last one and it breaks.

Put in another 30 minutes and things are clicking. These boss fights are a lot of fun. Still learning to stay patient and to sit back when I first encounter a boss to learn it's patterns. And every time I get a new magic ability it is exciting.

Heading out for the day but will try to post more stuff tonight.

spannicus

Alright just popped in the SS cart and the textures seem to be better than the demo, the character models are more defined and less pixelated. Just started just giving my initial impression on the games graphics. Also i am using google translate app to translate for me lol. There is a day one update aswell.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Promised impressions from yesterday's Red Sun Gamer SS Multiplayer Party!
Playing with 2-3 friends is even better than in the demo, mostly because you don't have to repeat the same 4-5 quests again and again.
We've fought harpy and cleared the whole chapter 2 of the Avalon quests, so yay us. Most of the fights were easy, although the first Centaur fight and the Jack o Lantern x2 fight gave us trouble. The second one especially, blocking 2 rolling bosses is no easy task, especially when some of your party members (Jonnyram, DJMizuhara, I'm looking at you two :p) are underleveled.

Multiplayer was lag-free despite the fact that both RyougaSaotome and me were using pretty bad wifi connections. As for everyone worrying about the latency, you can stay calm. I've played the demo with the RSG mates/randoms who were in Japan from Europe and it was lag free as well.

One big gripe I have with the game until now is the lack of enemy variations. Sure, we have Gold Goblins, Booze Goblins, Poison Goblins and a few types of Orks (+Spiders and Crows), but I hope later quests will bring new ones. I'm kind of tired of killing the rat/cat fodder again and again.
That said, each new boss 'type' (since there are elemental variations of those as well, it seems) is a huge challenge and great fun. And there are a lot of those.

Last but not least, some screenshots (both from the demo-prologue and the full version). Mostly from my single player adventures, as I was constantly forgetting to take screenshots during the 3-4 player quests (Ryouga took a lot, so you'll have to wait for his sshots):

Top Bottom