• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went into JCPenney today because there was some cool stuff in their catalog. Sales floor was half empty, and when I did find something I wanted, there were no mediums. Even the v-neck tee shirts, there were like 4 colors, and only small and like XL. What a dump. Although I did buy a Kirby tee shirt for $10... not exactly high fashion but hey.

bob page

Why thank you.

I want that Brooks shoulder bag...someone get me a (huge) discount pls.
barbican_leather_shoulder_bag_-_brown1_w375_h275_vamiddle_jc95.jpg

It's kind of ugly.

If you're going for a leather bag, I'd probably just do Saddleback.

Midnights where to cop?

I think it was your post that made me want a pair. With the grey Henley. It stuck in my head.
That's awesome dude.

Camo is super hot right now, there are a ton of options for you if that's what you're looking for. With that said, I think the Dockers are the most affordable option I've seen. Not bad pants at all either.

I went into JCPenney today because there was some cool stuff in their catalog. Sales floor was half empty, and when I did find something I wanted, there were no mediums. Even the v-neck tee shirts, there were like 4 colors, and only small and like XL. What a dump. Although I did buy a Kirby tee shirt for $10... not exactly high fashion but hey.

Odd considering their entire restructuring is a carbon copy of Nordstrom, and I've actually found the opposite to be true in my areas, with much better merchandise and better quality clothes.

I've been on a "cheap" kick for a while, after being in the fashion industry for a while I'm tired of the inflated price=quality limit where it becomes falsely marked up for the sake of it; theres nothing wrong with a $10 shirt, most "high fashion" is absolute garbage, and if you talk to (real, down to earth) people deep within the industry most of them would tend to agree.

Kraftwerk

Wish I had this one.

I would rock that Panda shirt

Tried on both of these.

Overall, in regards to Gitman shirts; they fit me extremely well, but they were just too out there/bold for me. I am a very minimalist person. If that is your thing, then more power to you. They are beautiful shirts, and I will forever acknowledge their design. Just not for me.

I also tried the County of Milan shirts. Designs are also great, but again: not my style. I'm a small guy. 5'6 and thin. They are meant to be loose/baggy fitting. Marcelo designs them that way. Similar to Givenchy. There was an asian guy buying them in fucking bulk when I tried mine on ( $200 each mind you ). He was 5'11 and wearing a medium and they were up to his fucking knees. Just to illustrate my point here is Kanye wearing a similar fit shirt;

sZQFozH.jpg

:(

I just got a spring jacket in the end. I believe this style is called a shirt jacker/chore jacket. I got it from the Canadian brand United Stock Dry Goods. Same as the other items they make; Japanese material and made in Canada;

I know in the picture it looks like a basic shirt, but it is indeed a jacket. Fit is great, similar to everything else they make. Perfect thickness for spring.

I think I am done for my spring/summer splurge. The remainder of my tax money will go toward one Forest green and one Pomegranate selvedge from naked & Famous and I am done.

I just got a spring jacket in the end. I believe this style is called a shirt jacker/chore jacket. I got it from the Canadian brand United Stock Dry Goods. Same as the other items they make; Japanese material and made in Canada;

I know in the picture it looks like a basic shirt, but it is indeed a jacket. Fit is great, similar to everything else they make. Perfect thickness for spring.

I think I am done for my spring/summer splurge. The remainder of my tax money will go toward one Forest green and one Pomegranate selvedge from naked & Famous and I am done.
It's funny you post that, I literally just got done taking the measurements for the BlueOwl site for that exact piece.

Great jacket, I was extremely impressed when handling it. Very good material and very solid construction. I'm considering buying one myself.

moolhy

Banned
Hi guys, I recently ripped my Danier "leather" jacket at the elbow and I've been trying to find a jacket of a different material, something rough, like a canvas but with a more synthetic feel to it. Probably a nylon blend.

My previous jacket had a very distinct moto look to it, but became a bit too flashy for my taste as time went by. So now I have in mind something more understated but with the same modern/sporty feel to it. Preferably something with articulated shoulders for mobility, no hood, also.

I have little to no brand knowledge. So far I've only found this: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006W4V3E0/?tag=neogaf0e-20, but it says made in China and I'm looking for something with sturdier build quality.

Any help is appreciated. Don't mind price, just shoot.

Odd considering their entire restructuring is a carbon copy of Nordstrom, and I've actually found the opposite to be true in my areas, with much better merchandise and better quality clothes.

I take back everything I said about JCP. Turns out it is just my local store that is a shithole. I went to one today at a different mall and it is awesome, all my sizes and colors were in stock, and I bought a few things. The store was packed with both merchandise and shoppers. Can't believe my local store is so bad. Maybe it's closing LOL.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Anyone see SNL last night? Justin Timberlake's hair looks very similar to mine now as far as where it's parted and how it lies. Anyone tell me what product he's probably using? He had it laying down perfect.

Ill find a pic when not on my phone.

Kraftwerk

I think I am ready to start tucking-in my shirts.

I just need to find a good leather leather belt.

I assume belts have to match the shoe color at all times?

Check out #8.

Anyone ever buy from www.zara.com before? Their shoes seems somewhat cheaper, but still look pretty nice. If there's one thing I absolutely do not have in my wardrobe it's shoes. Mostly because I'm a cheap ass and have a hard time justifying hundreds of dollars for my feet, and also because I just don't take care of shoes well enough.

Today I have one nice pair of Calvin Klein brown shoes. And one somewhat cheaper pair of black Calvin Klein shoes. I've also got some decent brown loafers. And some flip flops. That's it. Anyone got advice on essentials I need for shoes without absolutely breaking the bank? Anything on that Zara website worth investing in?

Hi guys, I recently ripped my Danier "leather" jacket at the elbow and I've been trying to find a jacket of a different material, something rough, like a canvas but with a more synthetic feel to it. Probably a nylon blend.

My previous jacket had a very distinct moto look to it, but became a bit too flashy for my taste as time went by. So now I have in mind something more understated but with the same modern/sporty feel to it. Preferably something with articulated shoulders for mobility, no hood, also.

I have little to no brand knowledge. So far I've only found this: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006W4V3E0/?tag=neogaf0e-20, but it says made in China and I'm looking for something with sturdier build quality.

Any help is appreciated. Don't mind price, just shoot.
nothing is really coming to mind. search the internets for nylon motos, maybe? I think diesel does some that are nicely fitting. Probably Armani Exchange (sorry alucrid), or Hugo Boss? I think there are some higher end options out there but $$$ etc, and I don't know if they would be necessarily more durable, or just feel nicer, you know?

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a decent springtime jacket. Something good looking and versatile. Under $100 would be nice. Any recommendations?
a simple harrington should work at that price. penguin, fred perry, jcrew, etc.

Looks like Warby Park is starting a men's shaving company with their same philosophies!

http://prelaunch.harrys.com/?ref=9999082882
(ref link)
Consider me interested.

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a decent springtime jacket. Something good looking and versatile. Under $100 would be nice. Any recommendations?
How about a denim jacket? I think Levi's makes them for under $100.

I think I am ready to start tucking-in my shirts.

I just need to find a good leather leather belt.

Yes, your belt should match your shoes, but it's not nearly as important for casual outfits as it would be formal.

Granted, if you're tucking in your shirt (+1 for #teamtucked, take that Midnights), you should definitely abide by the matching belt/shoe rule as best you can cause everyone is going to see your belt.

Check out #8.

Anyone ever buy from www.zara.com before? Their shoes seems somewhat cheaper, but still look pretty nice. If there's one thing I absolutely do not have in my wardrobe it's shoes. Mostly because I'm a cheap ass and have a hard time justifying hundreds of dollars for my feet, and also because I just don't take care of shoes well enough.

Today I have one nice pair of Calvin Klein brown shoes. And one somewhat cheaper pair of black Calvin Klein shoes. I've also got some decent brown loafers. And some flip flops. That's it. Anyone got advice on essentials I need for shoes without absolutely breaking the bank? Anything on that Zara website worth investing in?
Zara is alright. I'd put them in a category just above H&M and Uniqlo stuff. Probably on par with something like Express. Good for cheaper essential items, but I wouldn't be dropping money on their blazers or anything like that. They do have a pretty good design department though, lots of clean minimalist stuff that you don't find many designers doing nowadays. I think that's why people like them so much.

Can't speak on their shoes as I've never had any experience with them. Sorry.

Zara is alright. I'd put them in a category just above H&M and Uniqlo stuff. Probably on par with something like Express. Good for cheaper essential items, but I wouldn't be dropping money on their blazers or anything like that. They do have a pretty good design department though, lots of clean minimalist stuff that you don't find many designers doing nowadays. I think that's why people like them so much.

Can't speak on their shoes as I've never had any experience with them. Sorry.

Yeah I was probably thinking just looking at shoes from there. Do you have any advice on where to buy shoes for under $200?

What should I be looking at for a full wardrobe?

- Black lace up dress shoes
- Black laceless, penny loafers?
- Light brown leather shoes?
- Dark brown leather shoes?
- Suede? No idea when you wear that.

Do those cover your black/grey/navy/brown suit pant combos?

kaskade

Yeah I like Zara quality is obviously not the best in the world but they make a little more fashiony stuff for a decent price. I like uniqlo for the more basic items. I'm looking for shoes for the summer as well. I'm thinking a casual sneaker in brown. I usually just wear boat shoes but I want to switch it up a bit.

friday

I honestly have never liked anything from Zara. The womens stuff seems pretty good, but I have never like the mens section. Same goes for H&M. Everything they have is trendy in a bad way.

Kraftwerk

Yes, your belt should match your shoes, but it's not nearly as important for casual outfits as it would be formal.

Granted, if you're tucking in your shirt (+1 for #teamtucked, take that Midnights), you should definitely abide by the matching belt/shoe rule as best you can cause everyone is going to see your belt.

they don't have to match exactly, but the shades should compliment each other

Cool. Thanks guys.

luckyboyceo, any idea when you guys will have the Forest Green Selvedge in-stock?

Zara has some off the wall garbage but they definitely have some good pieces too. Its def a store I would go back to, I have one pair of shoes from there that have lasted me two years now.

How can you not justify hundreds of dollars on your feet? if you have ever had a foot injury from bad shoe choices my oh my how quickly you'll change your opinion. besides, after how many times you wer it the price will probably come out to be less than 50 cents per day

Got my Clark Desert Boots in Beeswax and they look great! Should I put anything on them like Mink oil or some sort of leather waterproof product? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Spira

Banned
Has anyone ever bought from Allegra K. starting to look over their stuff and everything looks good... They have complaints for their lack of quality but It seems really cheap?

Man, I can't wait for it to start warming up around here so that I can wear white pants. This will be my first year trying it out and I can't wait.

Have a lot of solid outfits planned in my head already, I just need the weather, and the pants.

Got my Clark Desert Boots in Beeswax and they look great! Should I put anything on them like Mink oil or some sort of leather waterproof product? Any help is appreciated, thanks!
Since you're in Portland, you might consider some waterproofing, but it's totally your call. I haven't waterproofed either of my pairs of boots and while they're holding up just fine, I'd be interested to see what they would look like had I added just a little bit of product to them at first.

I guess what I'm saying is, it's not necessary, but it probably won't hurt either.

I own the dark (raw) one. It's a great jacket and has lasted me upwards of 5 years now.

My only beef with it is the color doesn't work too well with a lot of the darks I own. I'd take a look at your wardrobe and see what you have that will work with it. There's no denying that the lighter blue is a much more classic color option. Honestly, I think you'll be happy with either option. That grey one is a solid choice as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom