• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WTF is up with my Wii? Remotes aren't working.

Mike M

Nick N
Yesterday, my Wii was working just fine. Today, the power wouldn't turn on when I pressed it on the controller, which was weird, so I turned it on manually, and it wouldn't recognize me pressing the A button with either remote. It eventually went to the title screen on its own, but neither remote seems to make the cursor appear. The batteries in one of them was on the low side last I checked according to the system (Though it still flashes three out of four lights on the bottom), but the other one should be at full strength as it's practically never been used.

Anyone have any clues?

SS4Gogita

Henshin!
Try turning off the system completely (red light) and/or unplug it. If that doesn't work you'll just have to resync them.

It's happened to me a couple of times but it's been a while since it happened the last time.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Resync.

Open the battery cover, push the resync button. Then push it on the Wii. I had to do this once too.

Mike M

Nick N
SS4Gogita said:
Try turning off the system completely (red light) and/or unplug it. If that doesn't work you'll just have to resync them.

It's happened to me a couple of times but it's been a while since it happened the last time.

I'd tried resyncing them, but I hadn't unplugged it. That did the trick.

just happened to me like 10 minutes ago.
turn it off, then turn it on. press re-sync on your wiimote and then on the wii.
it should work fine

I've had this happen twice since it came out. All I do is pull the plug from the back and plug it back it.. It works fine after that. I don't have to press resync or anything like that. The weird thing is when this happens it won't even turn on using the button on the console either.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I`m surprised there are technical problems, considering the demographic Nintendo is shooting for. I hope these problems don`t start piling up.

Mrbob

op_ivy said:
that state of the art GPU is overheating

:lol

I know you are joking but the system gets extremely warm if you leave a disc in it in standby mode.

I was watching TV with the system on standby and zelda inside, and when I took out the disc about an hour later it was warm. The whole system was pretty warm too. Does the Wii drive keep spinning in standby mode? It must? System doesn't get warm without a disc inside.

Top Bottom