• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TT teasing a LEGO Sherlock Holmes game?

Seems like TT might be teasing a Sherlock Holmes game.

Ukc7Lqd.jpg

WillyFive

There are no LEGO Sherlock Holmes sets announced (that I know off), so it's probably just a passing reference, not a teaser or anything.

Tagg9

I was under the impression that the whole game made references to pop culture? What makes this billboard any different?

GSR

T'heck with Lego Sherlock Holmes, give us Lego Sherlock. I'd love to see their marketing department handle that.

Ainaurdur

A Lego Sherlock game based on the recent movie series, voiced by RDJ...

I don't know if the world could handle such magnificence. Would be great news if true.

Dr Dogg

Wow. Really? Based on which iteration of Sherlock? Don't know how well Basil Rathbone or Jeremy Brett would translate into Lego figures. BBC Sherlock would definitely have my attention.

Edit: Just seen the new Mini Figure line. Slightly disappointed but could be great if it's more than just platforming.
It's going to be mainly platforming isn't it?

I've never squee'd. But I almost just did.

Besides jumping on the Cumberbatch Man-And-Girl-Crush Express, I've been reading through the original Sherlock Holmes adventures for the past couple of weeks. Cannot get enough Sherlock right now.

Takao

Banned
Warner owns TT, and they make the Robert Downry Jr. Sherlock Holmes movies. If there was ever a LEGO Sherlock Holmes, it would likely be based off that incarnation.

PetrCobra

I love the modern take on sherlock with Cumberbatch but I wouldn't mind if Robert Downey Jr. voiced the character in a LEGO game. He's a great actor.

However, I don't think I've noticed when did the LEGO games start having voices in them (besides LCU of course). I did not play the recent ones yet so maybe that's why.

Oooookay. How would one go about doing a Sherlock Holmes game? The thrill of Sherlock is solving crimes and puzzles.

Telltale Games could do a good one, I think. Activate "Sherlock Vision" to observe all sorts of random details around you, it's up to you to filter out what matters and what doesn't.

Ainaurdur

I love the modern take on sherlock with Cumberbatch but I wouldn't mind if Robert Downey Jr. voiced the character in a LEGO game. He's a great actor.

However, I don't think I've noticed when did the LEGO games start having voices in them (besides LCU of course). I did not play the recent ones yet so maybe that's why.

First one was Lego Batman 2, then Lego Lord of the Rings used audio clips directly from the movies, and now Lego City Undercover.

Not sure if there has been any indication where they might pull voice talent from for Lego Marvel.

monkeyhat

Sure I read somewhere that Sherlock Holmes was one of the disguises your character can wear in Lego City Undercover. I'd guess the billboard is just a reference to that?

PetrCobra

First one was Lego Batman 2, then Lego Lord of the Rings used audio clips directly from the movies, and now Lego City Undercover.

Not sure if there has been any indication where they might pull voice talent from for Lego Marvel.

Oh thanks. I haven't played those two so that's why I was confused.

Top Bottom