(03-19-2013, 05:10 AM)
Atlus is working hard on the next Persona
At a Niconico live broadcast during the Game no Dengeki Kanshasai 2013 event on Sunday, Atlus producer Katsura Hashino confirmed that the game developer was "working hard" on creating the next Persona title. He also discussed creating new features for the recent PS Vita role-playing game Persona 4 Golden and thanked the fans of the franchise.
Persona 4 Golden won a Platinum Dengeki Playstation Award for 2012. It was released in North America last November in both standard and Solid Gold Premium Editions, after shipping in Japan last June as a best-selling title. The game is an expanded version of the original Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 video game that was released for the PlayStation 2 in 2008.
Timeline of nothing
Originally Posted by FluxWaveZ
Not really. We've had confirmation for 2 years now:
- Development was first confirmed in March of 2010 in Dengeki PlayStation where Hashino stated that they were preparing to start work on the next Persona game.
- In August 2011, Hashino stated, in a Famitsu interview, that "preliminary development" on the next Persona title was nearly complete.
- In the same interview, Hashino stated that the Persona Team wants to challenge more new things in Persona 5 similar to the changes they made from Persona 2 to Persona 3. He also stated that they had solidified Persona 5's themes.
- The only members of the development team that we know of, stated in the same interview, are: Hashino (director), Soejima (character designer) and Meguro (composer).
- Apparently learning from Catherine's development using the Gamebryo engine, Hashino stated that the Persona Team had completed their own engine and that it would ease the implementation of their ideas into the game.
- In May of 2012 in a Famitsu interview, Meguro stated that "if" there was a Persona 5 and "if" it was radically different from Persona 3 and Persona 4, the music would change as well.
- In August of 2012, Hashino told Famitsu that the staff was now focused on the "next numbered entry" in the Persona series and that Soejima had submitted sketches. Yay.
- During the Game no Dengeki Kanshasai 2013 event on March 17, Hashino stated that the Persona Team is "working hard" on the development of the next Persona title.
I'd really want to see a logo or something. ANYTHING.
Last edited by Takao; 03-19-2013 at 05:29 AM.