View Single Post
Exclamation-One
(03-31-2013, 03:38 AM)

Originally Posted by Romir

Did anyone else guess the twists early on because it was the central idea of Fringe? You know, a father steals a child from himself in a parallel universe which brings the two into conflict.

It's only scratching the surface. I posted on this earlier:

Originally Posted by Exclamation-One

After completing the game, it amazes me how much Levine borrowed ripped off wholesale from FRINGE:

Watch this scene (light FRINGE spoilers)

Look at the composition of the shot of New York... the use of zeppelins... stealing advanced technology from other universes for profit... and that fact that the major narrative arc of FRINGE hinges on (HUGE SPOILERS): a father who steals his child from an alternate universe version of himself.

Even the Lady Comstock ghost bit was stolen from Season 4: Peter appearing as a 'ghost' as he breaks through into the Amberverse.

There's a heavy Red - Yellow - Blue color motif in the game that was stolen from FRINGE:

Revenge of the Jedi was stolen from FRINGE's alternate Back to the Future:

There are more visual parallels that I can draw, but I'd be spoiling the show for those who haven't seen it.

Originally Posted by Exclamation-One

There are some MAJOR things taken directly from Fringe:

Elizabeth's pinky chopped off by a portal = Nina's Arm chopped off by a portal

Annabelle being raised by another version of her father = Peter being raised by another version of his father

Messing with science creating tears in the fabric of reality = Messing with science creating tears in the fabric of reality!

Lady Comstock's murder due to Elizabeth not being her own child = Elizabeth's suicide due to Peter not being her own child

Lady Comstock's ghost, stuck between universes/timelines = Peter's incorporeal form stuck between universes/timelines

Shimmering objects from other universes = Shimmering objects from other universes

People going crazy because of memories from two or more universes = People going crazy because of memories from two or more universes (Welcome to Westfield)

The Fink brothers using tears for profit and technological advancement = William Bell's using windows into the Redverse to build his fortune / Massive Dynamic

There's also discussion in Fringe of music from other universes

People have been sued for a lot less... look at Harlan Ellison suing over Terminator, for example.

Now, do I think Irrational Games should -actually- be sued? No, of course not. But still...