• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm assuming for:

They stream the cut-scenes.

If you didn't have Xbox LIVE, you would be stuck at Episode 1, and wouldn't be able to download the newest episodes

Episode 1-5 are all on Disc and Disc Locked, aren't they?

You'd be locked out of Episode 6-10, but still better than not being able to play nothing at all.

Ghazi

Episode 1-5 are all on Disc and Disc Locked, aren't they?

You'd be locked out of Episode 6-10, but still better than not being able to play nothing at all.
Remember that if they allowed offline play people could just change the date on their consoles to play the other episodes before they came out and 343i wanted it to be weekly new content. It was also another way of getting people to buy Gold.
What time is that?
3:43 PM

But joking aside there was a presentation/lecture at Vanderbilt that I've been waiting to go to and it was great!

Ehh, the original recording was fine; maybe a little dry. Not your fault though, it's hard to do one-on-one interviews over Skype, when every great podcast in history has followed the same basic dynamic: Looks, Brains, Wildcard.

Domino Theory is the Wildcard, of course, and obviously I'm the Looks and Brains. Take those out of the equation and it's no surprise you need to bring Frankie and Bravo in to add more "energy and stuff".

Pretty awesome of everyone involved at 343, very cool. Can't wait to hear it!

alwaysunny-wildcard.gif

Madness

I'd want to know how much of the internal 343 team remained after Halo 4 shipped. I know they've been hiring key guys after like Bravo and Quinn etc.

Also, if they can release more stats and infographics like BioWare does. How many people finished campaign, normal, heroic, legendary. How many finished all chapters spartan ops, what's the most used visor color, helmet, what armor ability is used most.

I know they release how many have played, how many games and enemies killed, but more specific stats.

Tawpgun

Someone, somewhere, complained about the lack of narrative in Firefight.

No, 343 just wanted to merge the campaign and multiplayer crowds under one roof. Hence SpOps and the canonical explanation as to why reds fight blues. And why Blues get better bases.

I hope so. I wish they would, but they said at PAX East that they have no plans for a second season or did I read it wrong?

Most people hated the first half, but the second half changed the reception drastically in my opinion. At least I haven't read that negative stuff like I did from the first half. At the end, second half was a step in the right direction. I hope their plans change...

I believe they said they don't have plans for a season 2. Disappointing. Why would you call it Season 1 then?

As far as the reception goes, yes the first half was garbo, but the 2nd half, while significantly better, was still very "decent" Despite this improvement, I think the majority of fans, at least from what ive heard and experienced, would prefer firefight back.
hopefully the majority want ODST style too

Cyclone was the only person here who said he really enjoyed SpOps. Even in the first half. At least that I know of. Not sure if he prefers it to firefight though.'

You gotta admit though, they marketed SpOps as something REALLY big. Halo 4's game changer. I thought it was going to be a lot more ambitious than it was. Granted, building and making it might have been ambitious for the team, but the execution wasn't anything special. It was just campaign encounters.

You can't play Spartan Ops offline, wtf.

Waiting for cable guy to get here, yay.
Yes. A big con point.

No, 343 just wanted to merge the campaign and multiplayer crowds under one roof. Hence SpOps and the canonical explanation as to why reds fight blues. And why Blues get better bases.

I believe they said they don't have plans for a season 2. Disappointing. Why would you call it Season 1 then?

As far as the reception goes, yes the first half was garbo, but the 2nd half, while significantly better, was still very "decent" Despite this improvement, I think the majority of fans, at least from what ive heard and experienced, would prefer firefight back.
hopefully the majority want ODST style too

Cyclone was the only person here who said he really enjoyed SpOps. Even in the first half. At least that I know of. Not sure if he prefers it to firefight though.
I enjoyed the second half of Spartan Ops a lot. It improved the experience in a lot of ways. It was a great experience.

Spartan Ops should not have replaced Firefight. Both experiences could have co-existed. They could have used the same map-pool. If I correctly remember, 343i had planned a objective-driven Firefight gametype where Spartan Ops originated from at a later point. At the end I hope SpOps will get a second chance. It has potential, and 343i hopefully made some notes from their first attempt.

All this has happened before, and all of it will happen again.

What's done is done. What's done...will be done.

But the real question is: who is Songbird in this world?

Not who. When.

Dammit guys, I thought Plywood was gonna start some awesome Battlestar Galactica quote-fest, then ya'll fucked it up with this Infinite shit. He's quoting Pythia, not Lutece.
Infinite is amazing. I'm not really angry at you guys. Carry on.

Deliver a perfect Halo game and wipe away the debt.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=53157969&postcount=2363

EDIT:
Sometimes you’ve got to roll the hard six.

The end times are approaching. Humanity’s final chapters are about to be written. And you - you will be its author.

Firefight was a one hit wonder. No one played Reach FF outside of farming credits. It won't be good again until our characters are weak like in ODST, not playing as Spartans. Don't make Firefight for a game about Spartans and release an new version of ODST Firefight as an arcade game.

Dammit guys, I thought Plywood was gonna start some awesome Battlestar Galactica quote-fest, then ya'll fucked it up with this Infinite shit. He's quoting Pythia, not Lutece.
Infinite is amazing. I'm not really angry at you guys. Carry on.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=53157969&postcount=2363

EDIT:

The end times are approaching. Humanity’s final chapters are about to be written. And you - you will be its author.

Quote Battlestar... thats just a matter of perspective, from here I see battlestar, but from there... I see Infinite.

I played through Spartan ops, that was torturous.

Sai-kun

Banned
battlestar quotes and game of thrones quotes

this is the best page

but i will make it better

tumblr_ml3zba1ZOg1rnyr6io1_500.gif

daft punk video soon omg

Suck it, Bobs.

Edit: Smh Bobs.

Holy shit hahahaha!

How is a 122% quit ratio even possible? I mean im pretty sure I have afk'ed at least 50% of the games I played with you.

Oh man in Halo 3 as a comparison:

kmkLn5L.jpg

If you plot 'care' on a graph its a steady decline since 2010 for me. I wonder what my Reach quit ratio is.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The last one is amazing, we need community maps for flood( eventhough I dont playflood)

But the best Zombie games in Halo 3 were on Forge maps IMO
Thinking back, man those first round of Halloween Infection maps Bungie used in the playlist were so bad. The one on the Pit specifically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom