• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Respawn Entertainment trademarks 'Titan' [Titanfall]

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
1366112364-titan.jpg

StuBurns

Banned
Blizzard were never going to call the new MMO Titan, but still, seriously? It's the highest profile unannounced game there is.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Sounds like a shooty shooty bang bang game played within the first person perspective in which the only verb the player has is "kill."

samman6

Is this the new trend in FPS now to have single impact words be the title, whats next Majestic, Combat, Hammer, Huge, and of course the people's champ Visceral.

IHaveIce

Banned
Uhhh blizzard's use is just a codename
Everyone knows, still in the gaming scene everyone nowadays would combine blizzard and project titan. When somebody would ask "did you hear about titan?" I would assume they mean blizzards unnanounced game and that news leaked

Tamanon

Banned
Seems like a silly thing that will probably cost them mindshare as Titan is generally associated with Blizzard's project. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a name for Titan at Blizzcon this year.

GavinGT

Banned
Seems like a silly thing that will probably cost them mindshare as Titan is generally associated with Blizzard's project. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a name for Titan at Blizzcon this year.

I don't think the general public is aware of the MMO Titan.

H3xum

I mean, even if Titan is a code name, why would you want to confuse the consumer?

Can't tell if they're just trolling or making a huge mistake

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I mean, even if Titan is a code name, why would you want to confuse the consumer?

Can't tell if they're just trolling or making a huge mistake
You can't be real if you think an internal code name of an unannounced game is creating confusion in the market place of a title that also is not even announced yet.

H3xum

You can't be real if you think an internal code name of an unannounced game is creating confusion in the market place of a title that also is not even announced yet.

Why not?

What if Sony announced the ps4 to be the Durango. Same thing.

Nugg

Come on people, Blizzard is never gonna make a new IP if you keep stealing all the names! First DOTA now Titan?

Why not?

What if Sony announced the ps4 to be the Durango. Same thing.

you're right. that also wouldn't cause confusion in the marketplace. hardly anyone knows what the codename of the next xbox is, and we all know it isn't what the final console will be named.

if blizzard were thinking of calling their game Titan, they'd have already trademarked it.

monome

Fingers crossed the game was designed with next-gen in mind and is not a "simple" space (awesome) formulaic COD clone that swtched to HD assets in the last two years.

afte all the rumble we've heard about the guys at Spawn, they better show (me) they are talented and driven individuals. (still, the Bungie leaks were made possbile thanks to them, so I guess I'll give them that already).

Izick

Futuristic Halo-like shooter with space marines fighting an ancient alien race we woke up drilling around Saturn's biggest moon Titan. Calling it.

You're probably right, but I'll still take it over military shit. I'm fine with one or two military shooters a year, but after that it's just so boring and done to death.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm really excited to see what Respawn has been working on. I played through CoD4 again recently and it's still good.

Nugg

It is, but it's a pretty good troll by Respawn on Activision.

This. Also, ask anyone remotely interested in video games about Titan, they'll think you're talking about Blizzard. Even if it's just the code name, it's propably the most talked about and well known project code around, along with Durango and Orbis.

Top Bottom