• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Screen Shot Thread (56k no)

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Pud said:
Capitalizing on launch games ftw! Seriously, the game itself is OK if not derivative. The controls (well, the shooting controls) were fantastic - almost kb+m, and the smoke/DPLII audio were great... but again, they just ported the PS2/XBox version when it could've been more. So, CoD3 will be one of the first titles into the bargain bin, surely - but they made their money at launch so they should be happy! Perhaps CoD4 will have some actual effort (and friggin multiplayer) put into it as a result.

And yes, I agree - some of these MoH shots look decent enough (not like PSP! aside from the character models) and the trees are one of the aspects that do. Hopefully they can be polished up by the time the game ships, and not have it end up like Far Cry/CoD3.

Please to be not comparing Call of Duty 3 with Far Cry: Vengeance. Yea, okay all of the launch window FPS games were rushed but CoD 3 is actually playable and all that.

MoH's graphics are very disappointing. Developers were doing more impressive graphics in first-gen GameCube titles. While graphics aren't the most important focus for Wii, developers seem to be taking that as an excuse and creating lazy ports. We need to start consistently seeing Xbox-level and better graphics.

I'm particularly worried for types of games that will be more likely to use last-gen assets, such as sports games. Even if the Wii is underpowered, they should look better with sharper textures and perhaps some, I dunno, real shader support.

PantherLotus said:
...did they charge full price for it on the PS2?
I know what you mean. But when an engine is developed on the PS2 and it's then just beeing poorly ported over in a quick fashion I feel cheated by having to pay the full price.
Pud said:
Capitalizing on launch games ftw! Seriously, the game itself is OK if not derivative. The controls (well, the shooting controls) were fantastic - almost kb+m, and the smoke/DPLII audio were great... but again, they just ported the PS2/XBox version when it could've been more. So, CoD3 will be one of the first titles into the bargain bin, surely - but they made their money at launch so they should be happy! Perhaps CoD4 will have some actual effort (and friggin multiplayer) put into it as a result.

And yes, I agree - some of these MoH shots look decent enough (not like PSP! aside from the character models) and the trees are one of the aspects that do. Hopefully they can be polished up by the time the game ships, and not have it end up like Far Cry/CoD3.
Yeah, that's my biggest gripe, it could have been so much more. With just a tiny bit of effort they could have made an absolutely solid product...oh well.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Case Closed Wii

Never heard of it.

edit: Also called "Conan Detective?"

h-104_64927_konan01.jpg.jpg
h-104_64927_konan02.jpg.jpg
h-104_64927_konan03.jpg.jpg
h-104_64927_konan04.jpg.jpg
h-104_64927_konan05.jpg.jpg

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Naruto

This...actually looks ****ing good. Of course, they're at half rez, but still. I love the detail, effective use of blur, and an awesome color palette. I need to find out more about this game.

h-104_64926_naruto01.jpg.jpg
h-104_64926_naruto02.jpg.jpg
h-104_64926_naruto03.jpg.jpg
h-104_64926_naruto04.jpg.jpg
h-104_64926_naruto05.jpg.jpg
h-104_64926_naruto06.jpg.jpg
h-104_64926_naruto07.jpg.jpg
h-104_64926_naruto08.jpg.jpg

Wow.
That Conan-game has prehistoric 3d-graphics, but...i´d buy it if it came out in Europe. Great series, and a game about it doesnt need uber-graphics.
Though i doubt we´ll see a western release -.-

@those who love the visuals of GNT:EX:

Ever played GNT4? That doesnt look any worse from what i can see.

MasterMFauli said:
@those who love the visuals of GNT:EX:

Ever played GNT4? That doesnt look any worse from what i can see.

Then you clearly haven't played GNT4. The graphics are easily better in EX. The lighting and effects especially

Zoramon089 said:
Then you clearly haven't played GNT4. The graphics are easily better in EX. The lighting and effects especially

70 hours in the game, still playing.
Ok, the lighting. But what about textures and polycount? Textures look even less detailed on those screenshots.

jehuty

Even though the contorls seem scary to me. I'll gonna end up getting SSX Blur. The current drought is killing me though. Metroid...I need you :(

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Eyeshield 21

This reminds me of what would happen if the Japanese culture got a hold of the NFL and then combined it with The West Side Story.

55041520070115_180443_1_big.jpg

55041520070115_180443_2_big.jpg

55041520070115_180443_3_big.jpg

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Densha de Go!

Somewhere out there, there's a very angry nerd wondering if this cool controller is going to have vibration. His sweet, salty tears will have no effect on this game.

The bundled cockpit controller:
cockpit.jpg

scr_070.jpg

scr_071.jpg

scr_072.jpg

scr_073.jpg

scr_074.jpg

scr_075.jpg

scr_076.jpg

scr_077.jpg

scr_078.jpg

scr_079.jpg

scr_080.jpg

scr_081.jpg

scr_082.jpg

scr_083.jpg

scr_084.jpg

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Tiger Woods

This is honestly the first golf game I've ever wanted. Some videos are floating around that confirm its greatness.

My biggest concern is the silly idea of having to shake the controller to get backspin or forward spin. You'd think that it could be input before hand--you should never have control over the ball once it leaves the club, right?

scr_001.jpg

scr_002.jpg

scr_003.jpg

scr_004.jpg

scr_005.jpg

scr_006.jpg

scr_007.jpg

scr_008.jpg

scr_009.jpg

scr_010.jpg

scr_011.jpg

scr_012.jpg

scr_013.jpg

scr_014.jpg

scr_015.jpg

scr_016.jpg

scr_017.jpg

scr_018.jpg

scr_019.jpg

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Woa, SSX Blur looks noticeably better than when it was even first revealed not too long ago....

Ranger X

Dear God. It's like they put more and more bloom in SSX Blur the more time advance.
The game really looks bad. And WTF at the multi bloom + lense flare screenshot!?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Ranger X said:
Dear God. It's like they put more and more bloom in SSX Blur the more time advance.
The game really looks bad. And WTF at the multi bloom + lense flare screenshot!?

Don't be a twit. The game looks brilliant and will outshine any of its predecessors. You have to see it in video.

Ranger X

PantherLotus said:
Don't be a twit. The game looks brilliant and will outshine any of its predecessors. You have to see it in video.

Well, everything else can look goog besides the effects i mentionned + the animation can look good too. But if i have to make a global comment on the "quality" of the art direction, blur festival and lense flares isn't making any game look better.
Art direction for art direction, Sonic looks better imo. Also note there is no miss-use of bloom there. (at least that what i see in most screens)

Eteric Rice

The games may not be X-Box 360 quality, but they're definately good enough for me. :)

pic2.jpg

pic12.jpg

*drool* Can't wait...

Snake and Samus were litterally made for one another.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Dragon Quest Swords

THE number one third party game of the year. +hype. Oh jesus god this thing looks awesome. If they put in a nice little story, incorporate the score from VIII and maybe some nice VA like VIII had...this will be huge.

50831520070126_212148_0_big.jpg

50831520070126_212148_1_big.jpg

50831520070126_212148_2_big.jpg

50831520070126_212149_3_big.jpg

50831520070126_212149_4_big.jpg

50831520070126_212149_5_big.jpg

50831520070126_212149_6_big.jpg

Top Bottom