• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Pro Wrestling (PS2 classic) coming to US PSN next week

Grayman

Wow, this game is fn unruly! Only managed to play 6 matches - and lost every one of them lol. That was on the default difficulty, setting it down to 2 I was able to remain competitive. Seriously had more fun playing this than WWE 13.

Is there an instruction manual, FAQ, control listing out there anywhere?

Game FAQs usually had some pretty good stuff. Fireproclub may have guides as well. You need to learn the basic timing on a low difficulty level to where you can win any grapple.

To get out of a submission hold cross and rock the d-pad. Pins just hold it i think. You can also purposely kick out late or let your opponent kick out to build excitement.

Move power goes like square, cross, circle and if the opponent is too healthy harder moves will get reversed. Opening wrestler edit and looking at a full move list should give you lots of knowledge too. While your own edits have some more freedom in where moves go the defaults have some conventions about which button slots do things like kick a guy who is down or go for a pin.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
The guy who picks PS2 Classics is really chill. Persona 3, Siren, Fire Pro, Psychonauts, Disgaea, God Hand...all they need to do is bring Katamari and I'll buy them a beer.

Zep

Banned
Back up your original/current FPR save in case this one does some weird stuff. No guarantees and I take no responsibility with this thing, as I currently have no way to test this myself. This is just a test save to see if the conversion process works as needed.

This is djkm77's current WWE Save:
http://www.fpwarena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1927

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5zok4c

Unzip it to your FAT32 USB drive's main directory. You'll have to go into the PS3/EXPORT/PS2SD directory and rename the PS2UXXXXX directory with the proper game id. To find the proper game id you may have to make a copy of your current save data onto a USB. I don't have the game downloaded in order to put the proper id in. I'm guessing the game id is the same for everyone hopefully (and probably mimics the original PS2 game ids). If so, I'll edit the save and re-upload to make it easier to test out.

My download will be done in 30 minutes. If no one else has done it by then I'll let you know if it works.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Okay, sorry I was away for so long.

http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/36432309/file.html

This is the most recent version of desertpunk's Real World 2012 save, converted to work with FPR on the PS3. Just extract the folder in the rar to the root of your USB device, then plug it into your PS3, and navigate to Game > Save Data Utility (PS2) and copy the save from the USB to your system. I've tested it myself and it works, but let me know if there's any problems.

C-Drive

Seraphis, what's the game id for that particular folder I mentioned in my TestSave above?

EDIT: Or I could just download it...

NPUD21702 - Got another confirmation of the directory name over on fpwarena.

Missing some files in my Test Save which is causing the corruption, so I've removed the link

I don't have this yet, so forgive me if this has an obvious solution...

One thing I'm wondering:

When you download someone's save file, I assume that overwrites the default save. Correct?

So, let's say someone creates a bunch of new CAWs, how do you add that to your existing save file with your existing CAWs?

C-Drive

If the PS2 classic allows multiple virtual memory card slots, you should be able to upload a separate save on the 2nd slot, and move wrestlers in-game to your standard save.

This might require tweaking to the names/directories of the VME (PS2 Classic save type) files in these zips that are being posted to be recognized as a seperate slot.

If the PS2 classic allows multiple virtual memory card slots, you should be able to upload a separate save on the 2nd slot, and move wrestlers in-game to your standard save.

This might require tweaking to the names/directories of the VME (PS2 Classic save type) files in these zips that are being posted to be recognized as a seperate slot.

I know about this link already - http://www.dashhacks.com/ps3/ps3-ha...ics’-memory-card-converter-v20-by-spewfr.html - but I really hope someone posts a specific save/CAW sharing FAQ for the PSN version of Fire Pro Returns.

C-Drive

I know about this link already - http://www.dashhacks.com/ps3/ps3-ha...ics’-memory-card-converter-v20-by-spewfr.html - but I really hope someone posts a specific save/CAW sharing FAQ for the PSN version of Fire Pro Returns.

It'll come sooner rather than later, game has only been out a few hours. I'm trying to aggregate information without having a way to personally test something, but once folks starting getting their hands on it, there will be tutorials and better written instructions out there.

Your link is using v2 of the Tools spewfr made, I think people are having better success with v4.

Zep

Banned
C-Drive your file came up as corrupted. It was able to copy over Seraphis Cain's file though.

Gonna test it in-game now.

Grayman

can anyone comment on the emulation timing. I saw a post when the PS3 was new that there were always a few frames of lag in the hardware emulation, adding ontop of monitor latency is the game still playable at higher difficulties?

C-Drive

Myself, Seraphis Cain, and another helpful guy on fpwarena (bitterkevin) was trying to hammer out the exact process on save conversion and I think we've got it figured out. My internet is dying on me and I need to grab some sleep.

Once it's a verified process I'll try to do a tutorial with screen captures on the entire process so we can all enjoy the years of edit packs that are still out there for this game. Once I've got that tutorial, I'll link it here in the thread.

Zep

Banned
I bought the US version for PS2 years back but I forgot how smooth this played. I just put Zack Ryder through 10mins of hell with Mizzark.

Only thing missing is online play.

Also, not sure if its a glitch or not, but after I won the game stayed in-ring for a few minutes and I just beat up on ryder some more until it cut away.

This is the most recent version of desertpunk's Real World 2012 save, converted to work with FPR on the PS3. Just extract the folder in the rar to the root of your USB device, then plug it into your PS3, and navigate to Game > Save Data Utility (PS2) and copy the save from the USB to your system. I've tested it myself and it works, but let me know if there's any problems.

Works perfectly! Can't wait until more saves are uploaded :) great job

iqubal

Banned
I bought the US version for PS2 years back but I forgot how smooth this played. I just put Zack Ryder through 10mins of hell with Mizzark.

Only thing missing is online play.

Also, not sure if its a glitch or not, but after I won the game stayed in-ring for a few minutes and I just beat up on ryder some more until it cut away.

haha not a glitch. It lets you do that in the original too. Just hit start to end it : )

Game FAQs usually had some pretty good stuff. Fireproclub may have guides as well. You need to learn the basic timing on a low difficulty level to where you can win any grapple.

To get out of a submission hold cross and rock the d-pad. Pins just hold it i think. You can also purposely kick out late or let your opponent kick out to build excitement.

Move power goes like square, cross, circle and if the opponent is too healthy harder moves will get reversed. Opening wrestler edit and looking at a full move list should give you lots of knowledge too. While your own edits have some more freedom in where moves go the defaults have some conventions about which button slots do things like kick a guy who is down or go for a pin.

Thanks! Went searching on GameFAQ's and found these - hopefully some others here can find them useful.
Beginner's Guide
FAQ/Move List

And thanks to C-Drive & Cain for providing the know how for the saves. Looking forward to trying them out tomorrow.

Kacho

Gold Member

Worked great. Thanks.

Ok, so THIS is a link to the most updated WWE Roster for this game. All I need to do is download it to a USB stick and copy it to my PS3 and I'm good to go?

Zep

Banned
Ok, so THIS is a link to the most updated WWE Roster for this game. All I need to do is download it to a USB stick and copy it to my PS3 and I'm good to go?

Nooope. It needs a .VME extension at the end. The only file you can use atm is the one seraphis cain posted.

C-Drive

No chance to test this myself yet, but this should be the steps needed.

Full tutorial (with pictures) should be up tonight. As a quick course on the exact steps involved for those trying to get .max files converted, and know their way around mymc:

Make a copy of a save from the PS2 Classics version of FPR onto a USB drive (or download Seraphis' and extract it).
Use PS2 Save Converter to turn your .max file into a .psu
Use mymc as you normally would to import a .max file, except use your converted .psu.
Rename your loaded .ps2 file to .vmc.
Open up the "PS2Classics_Gui.exe" in the tools directory of the MemCardConvTools_v4.rar file.
Click the folder over to the right, to load your .vmc file up. It will automatically ask where to save the .vme.
Rename the .vme file SCEVMC0.VME if you wish it to be Memory Card 1, SCEVMC1.VME if you want it to be MC2.
Your directory structure on your FAT32 formatted USB should look like this:
  • PS3
    • EXPORT
      • PS2SD
        • NPUD21702

Inside the NPUD21702 directory, you should have four files
  • ICON0.png
    PARAM.SFO
    SCEVMC0.VME
    SCEVMC1.VME
Just overwrite the SCEVMC0.VME and SCEVMC1.VME files with the saves you created earlier.
Enjoy your converted save!

RedWaltz79

Neo Member
I am considering buying this, but I have never played a FPR game. For the PSN one, are there any files that will rename all the wrestlers to their real name and packs that will add all the old AWA, NWA, WWF, etc. etc. legendary wrestlers?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Okay, I asked about this on FPW Arena, but I figure I'll ask here too. I need help confirming something. Anyone who has the game, if you could, do this for me:

1. Play a match
2. Leave the game idle on the results screen
3. Wait two or three minutes and listen for a loud "clicking" sound from your PS3's hard drive (you might want to mute your TV before doing this part)

Basically, I've noticed that every time I let the game idle after playing a match, it always causes my HDD to make a single loud "click" noise (like the dreaded "click of death" that signifies impending HDD death) after roughly two minutes of idling. It doesn't happen with any other games as far as I can tell, just Fire Pro, so I'd like to get some confirmation as to whether or not it's just me.

(And for the record, I have a 500GB WD Caviar Blue HDD in my PS3. Barely five months old. Really don't believe it could actually be dying yet.)

The guy who picks PS2 Classics is really chill. Persona 3, Siren, Fire Pro, Psychonauts, Disgaea, God Hand...all they need to do is bring Katamari and I'll buy them a beer.

Hoping to see SMT:III Nocturne in a few weeks.

Fire Pro really needs to come to the Vita BTW.

Akira_83

Banned
I would be interested in getting back into a wrestling game (havent played one since N64/PS1 days) but only if i can make wrestlers from that era

im talking about the attitude era of WWF (stone cold, the rock, d-generation x)

and the same timeframe for WCW (goldberg, Sting, nash, NWO) etc

is there a good site/repository to find the instruction on creating them?

i remember back in the day when i was huge into Attitude/warzone sites had like "face - type 0, color 4" etc etc where you could create from scratch

thanks!

edit - i know there are edit packs but i dont feel like downloading entire packs of CAWS when i really just want to focus on making as perfect recreations of the few favorites i have

thanks again

Kacho

Gold Member
Okay, I asked about this on FPW Arena, but I figure I'll ask here too. I need help confirming something. Anyone who has the game, if you could, do this for me:

1. Play a match
3. Wait two or three minutes and listen for a loud "clicking" sound from your PS3's hard drive (you might want to mute your TV before doing this part)

Basically, I've noticed that every time I let the game idle after playing a match, it always causes my HDD to make a single loud "click" noise (like the dreaded "click of death" that signifies impending HDD death) after roughly two minutes of idling. It doesn't happen with any other games as far as I can tell, just Fire Pro, so I'd like to get some confirmation as to whether or not it's just me.

(And for the record, I have a 500GB WD Caviar Blue HDD in my PS3. Barely five months old. Really don't believe it could actually be dying yet.)

I'm not getting that clicking sound. Must be your hardware.

No chance to test this myself yet, but this should be the steps needed.

Full tutorial (with pictures) should be up tonight. As a quick course on the exact steps involved for those trying to get .max files converted, and know their way around mymc:

I'm trying to do this with the WWE save I posted above, but it's a .PSV save and I'm not sure exactly what to do now...

C-Drive

I'm trying to do this with the WWE save I posted above, but it's a .PSV save and I'm not sure exactly what to do now...

Won't be able to use a .PSV (that's the PS3's PS2 Backwards Compatible save format), you'll have to find a .max for that particular save. I'm sure there's probably a way to convert from that to PS2 Classics, but I haven't looked into it yet.

Awesome. Thanks Seraphis Cain and C-Drive for the amazing work you guys put in. It looks like I'm going to buy a $10 PSN card this weekend for FPWR.

I'm having an issue trying to get the saves to read from my USB stick. When I get to the PS3 and access the stick from the Saved Data Utility (PS2) it says the files present are corrupted. Anyone else have this problem? Using the Real World 2012 save

androvsky

1. Play a match

I read clicking sound, and my first thought was if you switched your hard drive to a WD Scorpio Blue. It's probably parking the heads in idle mode; if it takes two minutes for it to happen you're really lucky (unless it takes the game a couple minutes to stop accessing the disk). Mine spun down after 8 seconds of being idle, which screwed up a bunch of games.

Zep

Banned
Our good friend C-Drive converted the file most of you guys were looking for (it's amazing!). Link

Oh that's the file. I was on the forum there thinking if I should download that one he posted. Great news.

I hope to make some videos by this weekend, entrance music and all.

Thanks again c-drive.

C-Drive

I'm having an issue trying to get the saves to read from my USB stick. When I get to the PS3 and access the stick from the Saved Data Utility (PS2) it says the files present are corrupted. Anyone else have this problem? Using the Real World 2012 save

Is that the one Seraphis posted earlier?

Is your stick formatted to FAT32? The directory structure matches this:
  • PS3
    • EXPORT
      • PS2SD
        • NPUD21702
          • ICON0.PNG
          • PARAM
          • SCEVMC0.VME
          • SCEVMC1.VME

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I read clicking sound, and my first thought was if you switched your hard drive to a WD Scorpio Blue. It's probably parking the heads in idle mode; if it takes two minutes for it to happen you're really lucky (unless it takes the game a couple minutes to stop accessing the disk). Mine spun down after 8 seconds of being idle, which screwed up a bunch of games.

Yeah, it's a Scorpio Blue, not Caviar Blue. Derp, don't know what I was thinking there. Like I said though, I only hear it with Fire Pro. I've been playing a bunch of my HDD-installed games just to try to get it to happen again with something that isn't Fire Pro, but nope, nothing. So I don't know...I've deleted Fire Pro for now, but I'll probably re-install it later tonight or something.

Top Bottom