• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tengami confirmed for Wii U eShop (Ex-Rare with David Wise), likely in early 2014

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/04/exclusive_tengami_confirmed_for_wii_u_release

The team at Nyamyam is also looking at other Wii U ideas:

NL: Do you have any ideas for future projects, which could perhaps leverage the capabilities of the Wii U hardware?

JS: I am very intrigued by the possibilities for new types of multiplayer games the Wii U could deliver. It is something I would like to think about in more depth after we have finished Tengami.

And what a lovely question and response:

NL: Given your backgrounds as Rare developers, does this feel like a sort of homecoming for you, being back on Nintendo hardware?

PT: Definitely. I have fond and nostalgic memories of the years I spent working on Nintendo consoles at Rare. I never imagined I would have the opportunity to work with Nintendo again so soon after starting Nyamyam. It's very exciting.

And as said, David Wise (DKC series, DKR, SFA) is on board composing the game! :D

sakipon

I don't like the company name. Hard to say that aloud that with a serious face.

Game looks awesome. I hope it delivers.

The Wii U is becoming one amazing indie machine! I have gotten the most use out of my Wii U than my PS3 or even my 3DS since launch! Cannot wait for more indie games. Definitely will support this one.

Meesh

What kind of game is this supposed to be? I was just doin a casual search and all I can say is the art direction is beautiful :)

Ex Rare puts a smile on my face.
Nvm after watching the vid, doesnt look like a Rare game at all :/

It's certainly a different take, I'm not sure who is serving as Art Director, but I believe all members were at Rare.

The other ex-Rare company that recently formed is Flippin' Pixels, they even house the head of the handheld team Gary Richards. Another from FP is Steve Hurst is spearheading the Banjo-successor game with Grant Kirkope

Nyamyam and Flppin' Pixels should work on the successor or another game altogether.

Nintendo, why do you not grab these two devs and make a EU studio with Grant, David, and Seavor joining in as well? Try for Martin Hollis and Ed Sludden (he was a background artist in Conker and worked at Zoonami on the visuals of Bonsai Barber which Martin directed and had input by David Doak, ex-Rare at it's finest).

SUCH FUCKING POTENTIAL, Nintendo, you disappoint me, YES! :(

Nyamyam answered some questions of mine on twitter, they have none of the Banjo folks with them and aren't working on the Banjo-successor.

The person who seems to be doing the art on this was an artist on PDZ... and the Avatars...

They're friends with Flippin Pixels, right now they're obviously fixated on Tengami, but they say "who knows what happens in the future", sounds like they're open to work with them.

They are a 3-person team with a 4th as part-time and Dave naturally on contract. I think Flippin Pixels is 6 people full-time?

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Lovely artstyle and indie? I'm in.

Kenka

David Wise ? That's a buy obviously.

But that also mean I hope he can live up to the hype he generates.

Damn, they said they tried for an account but got rejected, WHY? :(

That's too bad.

Have there been any updates on the Banjo spiritual-successor besides that twitter account?

Grant said it's on hold in an interview because everyone's focused on their own games, understandable, but sad. :(

Coolwhip

Banned
It's certainly a different take, I'm not sure who is serving as Art Director, but I believe all members were at Rare.

The other ex-Rare company that recently formed is Flippin' Pixels, they even house the head of the handheld team Gary Richards. Another from FP is Steve Hurst is spearheading the Banjo-successor game with Grant Kirkope

Nyamyam and Flppin' Pixels should work on the successor or another game altogether.

Nintendo, why do you not grab these two devs and make a EU studio with Grant, David, and Seavor joining in as well? Try for Martin Hollis and Ed Sludden (he was a background artist in Conker and worked at Zoonami on the visuals of Bonsai Barber which Martin directed and had input by David Doak, ex-Rare at it's finest).

Will never happen sadly :'(

Easy_D

never left the stone age

Nintendo buying them, and getting the gang back together and partly fulfill Grant's dreams of Banjo Threeie by making a spiritual successor.

It's nice to dream ain't it?

Glad it's been anounced for Wii U, it looks amazing.

After reading this thread I have the urge to play DKC again. On the virtual console pls.

BD1

Banned
Nice.

Makes me wish the original RARE crew from the glory days would all get back together to do something on a Nintendo console. I'd kickstart it.

Hofmann

What kind of game is this supposed to be? I was just doin a casual search and all I can say is the art direction is beautiful :)

Start here: http://interactivevisions.wordpress.com/2012/11/19/pre-vision-tengami-ipad/

Creative freedom was one of the primary reasons that we chose to start Nyamyam in the first place. It is my firm belief that you can’t have creative freedom without financial freedom and it’s naive to expect that you can. So we were adamant from the beginning that we were going to do this fully on our own terms and take the financial risks ourselves. I think that those people who desire creative freedom, but expect someone else to pay for it are being naive at best, and charlatans at worst. If you do not believe in your own vision enough to put at least some of your own money behind it then I would suggest that it might be better to do something else instead.

That's like the opposite of working with Nintendo.

Shinta

Banned
Another multi-plat I'd rather have on Wii U, along with Child of Light.

Hopefully they don't have any issues. Off-TV is always a nice bonus.

Top Bottom