• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One: 15 Xbox exclusives, 8 new IPs - what are they?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Merged the "Microsoft announces 15 Xbox exclusives, 8 new IPs" thread with a "What do you think Microsoft's 15 exclusive games are?" thread. Since there's no ongoing news for the former, and both threads will be washed away by the time Microsoft starts announcing stuff, discussion for both can really be in the same thread.

Yesterday MS promised 15 Exclusive Games in the first year of the console... 8 of which will be based on new IP.

We know about:

RYSE
Forza
Rare Franchise
Quantum Break

It's safe to assume a Halo will be in there (of some sort, even if it's not Halo 5...)

Titan - if the rumours are true - is another.

That leaves nine games we know nothing about...

Any rumours that hint at what these might turn out to be?
Titan? As in from Blizzard?

Yesterday MS promised 15 Exclusive Games in the first year of the console... 8 of which will be based on new IP.

We know about:

RYSE
Forza
Rare Franchise
Quantum Break

It's safe to assume a Halo will be in there (of some sort, even if it's not Halo 5...)

RYSE
Forza
Rare Franchise
Quantum Break
Something HALO
Potential PGR5
Titan - maybe.
Black Tusk game.
Probably a Dance Central game

salromano

I've put together a list. They said the 15 exclusives are from Microsoft Game Studios in the first year, so I won't be including Titan or any rumored third-party release (though it's entirely possible MGS's name will appear on the box):

Existing IP (2 confirmed, 3 rumored out of 7 total)
Forza Motorsport 5
"Historic" Rare IP

Crackdown [Rumored]
Fable [Rumored]
Project Gotham Racing 5 [Rumored]

New IP (4 confirmed, 3 rumored out of 8 total)
Black Tusk Space Shooter IP
Lionhead MMO-like IP
Ryse
Quantum Break

Family Game [Rumored]
Insomniac Game [Rumored] - I'd assume this would be part-developed (a la Sony Santa Monica and indie devs) / published by Microsoft,.
Zombie Game [Rumored]

That part of the conference did grab my attention, though I'm cautiously optimistic. I want to see what they are, and am hoping that they're not too heavily focused on Kinect.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Forza 5
Quantum Break
Rare game
A Halo
Black Tusk game
League of Legends
Hawken
Lionhead game
Respawn's game
Crackdown?

Dead Rising 3 was rumoured but I think crazy buttocks said someone else has got it now.

andycapps

Forza 5
Quantum Break
Rare game
A Halo
Black Tusk game
League of Legends
Hawken
Lionhead game
Respawn's game
Crackdown?

Dead Rising 3 was rumoured but I think crazy buttocks said someone else has got it now.

Respawn's game will be multiplatform, no? That's what their site says anyway, and EA isn't a fan of exclusives.

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member
With the way the xbox one seems to be shaping up, i truly hope those are titles i wont be interested in, because everything else about the system seems pretty bad at this point.

Conor 419

Banned
Forza 5
Rare IP
Lionhead
343i
-
-
-

Quantum Break
Ryse
Black Tusk Game
New Rare IP
-
-
-
-

--------

The only safe assumptions I can make.

Marleyman

Banned
Time to add Fantasia to the list of new IP.

Jerry-Seinfeld-No-Thanks-and-Leave.gif

oVerde

Banned

We know about:

RYSE
Forza
Rare Franchise
Quantum Break

Titan - if the rumors are true - is another.

There are the "Island Pixar-like Family Game" and the "Kinect Fitness" ones confirmed too.

Wolfie5

We know about:

RYSE
Forza
Rare Franchise
Quantum Break

Why wouldn't it be Halo 5?

I suppose they can't really lose now. Anything remotely new , creative and not shit and they've blown the expectations of the masses out of the water.... but they'll still find a reason not to like them. Brand is a powerful thing.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Dudebro games
Shooters
Kinect games

and a combination of the 3.

Shports Shports Shports Shports Shports Shports

TeeVee TeeVee TeeVee TeeVee TeeVee TeeVee

Call O'Dooty Call O'Dooty Call O'Dooty Call O'Dooty Call O'Dooty

Dog Fish Watercooler Cloud Transistors

Just LOL at that list. Halo 5, Fable 4, Forza 5...Gears is the only one missing.

Xbox One requires an internet connection to work (lulz), and it will require Kinect to be connected for it to work as well (another lulz. good luck if your little kid/brother/pet decides to break your kinect).

Crackdown was shit. It doesn't even come close to the behemoth that is inFamous 2.

Microsoft: "First party studio? What's that?"

They like to throw out numbers.

$1 billion dollars
300,000 servers
5 billion transistors
15 exclusives
8 new IPs

Cloud computing won't work the way they advertise it on the Xbox One. All that baloney about graphics being better and all that crap.

Dualshock is the perfect controller.

I take it you dont like the Xboxen much eh bro?

VeeP

I think we'll definitely see both Kinect Fitness and Kinect Sports 3.

Kinect Fitness would be perfect for the new Heart Rate moniter on Kinect, and would sell great to casuals.

Kinect Sports 3 seems like a safe bet for a new Kinect game as well.

totally expecting many of these to be XBLA, Kinect, and Apps. I can also see them making some of their windows phone games playable on Xbone and adding those to their promised 15.

Rumba

Banned
I take it you dont like the Xboxen much eh bro?

I would if Xbone actually showed something interesting other than a Remedy game. Not to mention their past 3 E3s plus their lack of diversity in their exclusives plus their horrible initial reveal do not help their case at all.

Top Bottom