• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon UK: Wii U Sales Rank Jumps 875% Following Microsoft’s X1 Reveal+Price cut bump

Malvingt2

update:
basic model (europe)

premium model (europe)

amazon uk
l0fEWaS.png

the "price cut" happend somewhere around march. I see no real connection (or reason) for this sudden jump

kVsMuhh.gif

The Xbox One’s disappointing reveal has shot up sales of the Wii U on Amazon.com. The system was at #390 before the conference, but now has shot up to #40 due to Microsoft’s glorified TV box.

This momentum should carry Nintendo right into the summer as they have big plans for the Wii U at E3 and this fall. The console race has just begun but it’s good to see gamers are picking up a system that’s dedicated to gaming first, and multimedia second.

http://playeressence.com/amazon-uk-...g-microsofts-xbox-one-reveal/?fb_source=pubv1

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=58928865&postcount=23

Thanks to Bony Manifesto^

Also:
MHU went up by 92 percent, ZombieU so a 250% increase and Mario U went up by 110%

The Xbox One’s disappointing reveal has shot up sales of the Wii U on Amazon.com. The system was at #390 before the conference, but now has shot up to #40 due to Microsoft’s glorified TV box.

This momentum should carry Nintendo right into the summer as they have big plans for the Wii U at E3 and this fall. The console race has just begun but it’s good to see gamers are picking up a system that’s dedicated to gaming first, and multimedia second.

wut.

Does this correlate to unit sales at all? Or is it only taking viewer hits into account?

Sort of funny, but I doubt like Sony's stock rising during the One conference it really means much.

Sandfox

Its pretty funny but it really doesn't mean much. The more interesting thing is how it seems like people in the UK are already giving up on the XBone.

Eusis

It's probably just a temporary bump out of either backlash or people who really were waiting to know if they wanted an X1 first or not. Disappointingly for myself, nevermind my fondness for Nintendo I'd just want the competition to start soaring up if this is what Microsoft wants to do.

Or maybe people really wanted Kirby for some damn reason and forgot about the Wii collection.

1-D_FTW

Yeah. It doesn't really mean much, because at such low volumes, it doesn't take a whole lot to jump 800 percent.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
For a console that may be selling less than 500 units a week, 200 people jumping on a price promotion one day could have this effect.

UK is where the WiiU is probably performing the shittest, other than maybe the moon.

Duxxy3

The system isn't completely dead... it just needs a drastic price cut and some new games.

The Xbone reveal definitely put some people off.

Top Bottom