• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference; June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

I post this in the other thread, but I think we should all tweet Yoshida about this news. Tweet him the PS4 used game thread.

I sent him the thread and told him if they went this route I'd actually reconsider buying the system. Here is his twitter.

https://twitter.com/yosp

DBT85

Reiko was never legit.

Yeah I suppose 10000 x zero isn't that high praise lol

What did gopher get right in the past?

I can't recall specifics, but Gopher is always right. Always always. Most insiders seem to know people inside, Gopher always feels like he IS the guy inside.

He also doesn't say much.

It just one of those "it is known" things :p

He made me legit laugh at least.

The XBOX720 IS 110% efficient!!!!

LuuKyK

You should check out his twitter history from this week. Comedy gold.

True. I dont even know why I follow him anymore... I think its merely to see the absurd things he says or the typical "say something biased" and say that he isnt biased afterwards. Every single time.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Sony said that the DRM thing would be up to the devolopers. But hey, things could change, i have no idea what'll happen.

Leaving it up to developers/publishers seems to be their typical stance on this kind of stuff. Personally I expect online passes to return but not much else different.

Boke1879

I did:
@yosp Please allow used games. It may not affect me, but it greatly affects my nefu who only gets used games for Christmas and birthday.

Good job! I honestly think this is our only shot. In the long run it may not change anything, but it's definitely something. I hope a thread can be made to help gather everyone. And who knows? This could spread like wildfire.

Sony can sit back and watch. The fact that they go last at E3 is a huge tactical advantage for them. They show first and go last.

They shouldn't even need to watch this shit. They claim that they're making a machine for gamers and that they always do what's right by gamers. If that's the case then something like this never should've been floated in Sony's building. Leaving it up to publishers? I'm cool with that because I believe that's how it's always been. System wide? Then that's by no means a gamer machine or a decision that was made by anyone that knows gamers.

If Sony has the same type of system in place that MS does, then I won't get one until a game that I can't resist comes out (like a PS4 exclusive GT or ND game). And even then i'll only buy those types of games rather than the DRIVECLUB's, inFamous' etc. I want those games, and i'd be there day one for them without such a policy, but i'll do as little as I possibly can to support this type of policy.

Amir0x

Banned
They shouldn't even need to watch this shit. They claim that they're making a machine for gamers and that they always do what's right by gamers. If that's the case then something like this never should've been floated in Sony's building. Leaving it up to publishers? I'm cool with that because I believe that's how it's always been. System wide? Then that's by no means a gamer machine or a decision that was made by anyone that knows gamers.

If Sony has the same type of system in place that MS does, then I won't get one until a game that I can't resist comes out (like a PS4 exclusive GT or ND game). And even then i'll only buy those types of games rather than the DRIVECLUB's, inFamous' etc. I want those games, and i'd be there day one for them without such a policy, but i'll do as little as I possibly can to support this type of policy.

You and me both. So fucking sick and tired of this industry at this point.

It would be really nice to see Sony release trailers for Knack, Killzone, Infamous and DriveClub in the lead up to E3. For example a trailer on monday and then one on friday, repeat next week and end each one with a message like we saw at the end of the Destiny trailer - 'tune in monday 10th June for our press conference'. Would really keep momentum up and give Sony some more positive attention amidst the barrage of negative MS press.

Just thinking out loud.

It would be really nice to see Sony release trailers for Knack, Killzone, Infamous and DriveClub in the lead up to E3. For example a trailer on monday and then one on friday, repeat next week and end each one with a message like we saw at the end of the Destiny trailer - 'tune in monday 10th June for our press conference'. Would really keep momentum up and give Sony some more positive attention amidst the barrage of negative MS press.

Just thinking out loud.

or just one E3 trailer, like the trailer before the PS Meeting.

or just one E3 trailer, like the trailer before the PS Meeting.

Yeah, but I'm thinking more like the official in-game trailers for those games. 2-3 min trailers that could be released via the PS Blog rather than the conference stage. 2 trailers a week over the next 2 weeks, Sony have done this before and since we've been shown the games previously it would just be a cool way of seeing something substantial and freeing up stage time for new games.

It just boggles my mind if Sony ever thought about going with a system wide anti-used game scheme. Unlike Microsoft they're targeting the exact type of gamer that cares about used games. Whether that be through trade ins or actually buying used games. If they piss off that consumer then they have nothing to fall back on. MS can at least hope that some casuals really won't give a shit about such a system being in place. But Sony knows damn well that the core gamer, the game that they say they're targeting, uses that system.

I personally never buy used games, but I do trade in a lot of games. I'm planning on buying Remember Me just to support the idea of female leads in games, but if I don't love it then I can easily take it back to Gamestop and get $30 in trade in credit. And i'd probably be using several games to trade in for a PS4. Well, assuming that they don't pull this bullshit.

Xun

Definitely.

The future isn't bright at all for this industry in my eyes. It just all seems downhill from here, and people are sadly willing to take it.

Yeah, but I'm thinking more like the official in-game trailers for those games. 2-3 min trailers that could be released via the PS Blog rather than the conference stage. 2 trailers a week over the next 2 weeks, Sony have done this before and since we've been shown the games previously it would just be a cool way of seeing something substantial and freeing up stage time for new games.

I would not have a problem if Knack and Infamous take up stage time :)

But yeah one for Killzone (already a Day 1 buy for me so I don't need to see more), and one for DriveClub would be cool. Same with the Witness.

I would not have a problem if Knack and Infamous take up stage time :)

But yeah one for Killzone (already a Day 1 buy for me so I don't need to see more), and one for DriveClub would be cool. Same with the Witness.

The thing to remember is after the conference during the rest of E3 week you'll likely get developer demo's / walkthroughs of those games on sites like Gametrailers and IGN, so they really don't need time on stage. But yeah I definitely wouldn't complain about a live demo of Infamous.

It just boggles my mind if Sony ever thought about going with a system wide anti-used game scheme. Unlike Microsoft they're targeting the exact type of gamer that cares about used games. Whether that be through trade ins or actually buying used games. If they piss off that consumer then they have nothing to fall back on. MS can at least hope that some casuals really won't give a shit about such a system being in place. But Sony knows damn well that the core gamer, the game that they say they're targeting, uses that system.

I personally never buy used games, but I do trade in a lot of games. I'm planning on buying Remember Me just to support the idea of female leads in games, but if I don't love it then I can easily take it back to Gamestop and get $30 in trade in credit. And i'd probably be using several games to trade in for a PS4. Well, assuming that they don't pull this bullshit.
I'm pretty sure they just considered all their options, which all companys interested in money do. EA probably also asked at some point, so they made sure to have something just in case.

But I'm almost convinced it was never intended to be at OS level like MS does it. They always do it at Publisher level, which is fine with me.

=================================================================================
Originally posted by maltrain:

These are the 37 confirmed games for PS4 until now:

assassinscreed4n.jpg

battlefield4f.jpg

blacklightwi.jpg

codghosts.jpg

carmageddon.jpg

cyberpunko.jpg

deepdown.jpg

destinya.jpg

diabloiiii.jpg

dokidoki.jpg

driveclub.jpg

dyinglight.jpg

fifa2014.jpg

hohokum.jpg

infamousd.jpg

killzonec.jpg

knackw.jpg

lordsofthefallen.jpg

maddennfl25.jpg

nbalive.jpg

needforspeeds.jpg

primalcarnage.jpg

pes2014.jpg

rocketbirdsq.jpg

shadowwarriorx.jpg

silentenemy.jpg

sniperelite3.jpg

theevilwithin.jpg

thepinballarcade.jpg

thewalkingdeadn.jpg

thewitcher3.jpg

thewitness.jpg

thiefs.jpg

ufcwd.jpg

warthunder.jpg

watchdogs.jpg

wolfensteinl.jpg

==================================================================================

CHOO CHOO!! All aboard!!

I'm pretty sure they just considered all their options, which all companys interested in money do. EA probably also asked at some point, so they made sure to have something just in case.

But I'm almost convinced it was never intended to be at OS level like MS does it. They always do it at Publisher level, which is fine with me.

I'm comfortable with that just as long as Sony isn't one of the publishers that decides to implement it. I remember an interview with Phil Harrison where he said that they couldn't promise that all third party games would be region free, but they could promise that all of their games would be. I'd like to see a similar statement from them about this used game situation.

vpance

Yeah, that's the problem. You don't know if the game is good enough to keep.

If whatever used game curtailing scheme does go into effect, I think I'd wait until retail prices drop to only buy games I'm not completely interested in.

If this rumor is true, this is the most important thing about their DRM. I can see EA requesting Sony to have the ability to block their games and if they wouldn't comply, EA would just drop their game support to their platform al á Wii U.
I can see them dropping most games, but not all. Not having Fifa would cost them a chunk of Europe, for example. It will depend on the game, much like what they still offer on Steam.

Eh, actually I can still see them putting all games on the PS4, and just offering MS timed exclusives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom