• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ebay Germany actively promotes "drm-less" Wii U

..on their fb page:

ebayoubyb.png

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=655548367795990

-Keine Gebraucht-Spiel-Sperren
-Keine Online-Pflicht
-Kein Gedöns

- no used games blocking
- no mandatory online
- no crap/bs

Thought it's worth a thread where people might want to discuss the ramifications of certain established gaming chains, mom & pop stores, but more importantly big online stores (basically the ones profiting from used games sales throughout the years) actively promoting Wii U (and possibly PS4) over Xbox One.

And could MS potentially circumvent it by promotion through TV, TV, Sports, TV, TV (but also cable companies)?

/typo fix

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Kein Gedöns
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

oh god, dying over here

FlyFaster

games will come. I think this is a great angle that Nintendo should take.

Could do an entire marketing campaign based around being consumer friendly.

If MS and Sony are pulling the same crap then it will probably drive more sales to the Wii U and then devs would make games for it. Could be the best selling console of all time.

That ad made me laugh though

games will come. I think this is a great angle that Nintendo should take.

Could do an entire marketing campaign based around being consumer friendly.

Yep, Nintendo could really capitalize on that if Sony goes that route too.
They could outright scare mainstream consumers into buying Wii Us.

Because Ninty wouldn't bend towards the DRM shit I'm betting?

This should be a thread, I'm not even kidding.

It would fully explain the end to EA's unprecedented partnership.
We never knew why (other than some lame nintendo origin scenario that makes no sense).
EA are the ones who gleefully shut down their online pass system, knowing full well their lobbying for the DRM had succeeded with MS and Sony (well Sony supposedly backed out again until next week)

Ea has all the interest in seeing wii u bomb, because if it was successful it would make xbone and ps4 look bad with their anti consumer crap.

Just like with the wii when people could argue 'noone gives a damn about gfx look at these wii sales, casual gaemz are the future', they can rationalise 'look noone gives a shit about their rights or the wii u would be selling well'

Soriku

I guess this partially counteracts this from the E3 thread:

Seriously though, the more promotion the better. It'll eventually help get the library together.

What first party lineup. That's the Wii U's biggest problem right now.

Wouldn't be something... that after Nintendo doing wrong every single thing with the Wii U, that they could catch a brake out of the competition been so greedy?

But reality tells me gamers always obey the masters as long as the content is there, so is still an uphill battle for the Wii U.

Dizzy

Banned
no fuss/hullabaloo? is that what the last one really says, or does it translate to crap/bs?

lol. Go ebay.

Darryl

Banned
ebay is probably the biggest retailer out there set to lose from the proposed anti-used games system, so this is no surprise.

Top Bottom