• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami has filed a trademark for "Contra Run and Gun"

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
On the 4th of June, Konami filed a trademark for "Contra Run and Gun" through the USPTO:

Word Mark CONTRA RUN AND GUN
Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Video game software; video game programs; computer game software; computer game programs; electronic game programs
Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 85950607
Filing Date June 4, 2013
Current Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Owner (APPLICANT) KONAMI DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT CO., LTD. CORPORATION JAPAN 9-7-2, Akasaka, Minato-ku Tokyo JAPAN
Attorney of Record Jeffrey H. Kaufman
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE
Source: http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer?caseId=sn85950607&docId=APP20130607072127#docIndex=0&page=1

As far as I could tell, there was no Contra content in Konami's Pre-E3 Show 2013. Maybe they are saving this as an E3 surprise. Whatever it is, we'll probably know more soon.
Perhaps it has something to do with that teaser from 2011.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Endless runner, Contra style?

Oh well, least I can try out Shattered Soldier on Tuesday when it's added to PSN.

exactly what I was thinking

game autofires and you jump

actually a contra game where it auto run and all you do is jump and aim shoot direction sounds pretty fun. it'd be like hard corps speed run and you need quick reflex for jumping and shooting etc, if they add ability like dodging bullet and tackle ala hard corps, it sounds even better

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
actually a contra game where it auto run and all you do is jump and aim shoot direction sounds pretty fun. it'd be like hard corps speed run and you need quick reflex for jumping and shooting etc, if they add ability like dodging bullet and tackle ala hard corps, it sounds even better
Yeah, sounds kinda awesome, actually.

Wonko_C

I'd rather have another Wayforward Contra game ( minus the second screen garbage ).

Contra 4 really brought me back to the times of Contra and Super C, it felt like a true Contra 3.

Not that the real Contra 3 wasn't great, but it focused on bosses and sub-bosses too much. Hard Corps and HC Uprising went overboard too. I like my Contras a little more deliberate, like the first two or Operation C.

galvatron

Endless runner, Contra style?

Oh well, least I can try out Shattered Soldier on Tuesday when it's added to PSN.

Soooo good once you learn how to avoid the few background objects that can kill you even though they don't look like they're in your way.

I've been asking for Contra. I'll wait and see what happens. And ahoy to the soul who just informed me that Shattered Soldier will be on PSN this Tuesday. One of my favorite Contra titles. Damn fun.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
And ahoy to the soul who just informed me that Shattered Soldier will be on PSN this Tuesday. One of my favorite Contra titles. Damn fun.
Yup, it was confirmed on Sony's podcast that it'll be hitting Tuesday as a PS2 Classic. Looking forward to trying it. Wonder if they'll get around to adding Neo Contra to the US PSN one of these days, though I've heard it's not as good.

Mobile? Pfft. Guys maybe it's a kinect game.

Run in place while making gun motions with your fingers?
Couldn't help but think of the Gunstringer, which actually wasn't that bad.

Maybe we'll get lucky and it'll be a XBLA/PSN title something among the lines of Contra Rebirth on WiiWare.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Am i crazy but didnt konami tease contra at last year's e3? Was it 2012?
2011. It was pretty much just this:

konami-pre-e3-2011-show-contra-news.jpg

Top Bottom