• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4 trailer is online

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://cod4.streetwise.com/

You have to register to get to it. Available in HD. Edit: look below

Sean said:
Here's the direct links to full CoD4 trailer so you don't have to register. Right click and save as:

720p High-Def: http://download.activision.com/callofduty4/90webStereo24FastStart24FPS720p.mov

480p: http://64.158.29.57/90webStereoFastStart24FPS480p.mov

(add em to first post or something maybe)

Edit2: New version at 60 FPS

Rayme said:
All the links I've seen so far have been to the 24fps version of the trailer.

This is the 60fps one; much smoother, and the color looks a lot better. Big difference from the other one(s), imo.

http://www.infinityward.com/video/cod4mw_HD720p_60fps.mov

Giant download, though, 367 megs. o_O

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Is there confirmation that its only 360/PS3?

God I'd love a good shooter on the Wii.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
upload2vx1.jpg

upload2lw0.jpg

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
upload2xr3.jpg

upload2ap9.jpg

These screencaps are not from the HD version btw. I guess I should try loading that one to get some better pics

Dina

Watching it now. 480p

Looks really good, eastern europe/russian setting, shooting terrorists with a myriad of guns. The first bit reminded me of Operation Flashpoint, the in-city parts of BF2. I hope it comes out for the 360. Colour me exited.

Jammy

Banned
schuelma said:
Is there confirmation that its only 360/PS3?

God I'd love a good shooter on the Wii.

I wouldn't see why not. The Wii version of CoD3 handily outsold the PS3 version.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I could try uploading it to youtube, but by the time it's available to watch, I'm sure most of you will be able to watch the trailer on the official site

Mrbob

Dina said:
Watching it now. 480p

Looks really good, eastern europe/russian setting, shooting terrorists with a myriad of guns. The first bit reminded me of Operation Flashpoint, the in-city parts of BF2. I hope it comes out for the 360. Colour me exited.

It is for X360/PS3, and with IW experience on x360 already I'm sure it is the lead platform.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
No console designations at the end, but by the look of the trailer no way the Wii will have it .

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
VOOK said:
No console designations at the end, but by the look of the trailer no way the Wii will have it .

Well they did release COD3 on the Wii. Maybe it will be announced later.

Probably not, but I can dream.

adg1034

Wow. Seems much more story-based than the last games, just judging by all the "personal" injuries we see (point-blank headshots, characters with some visual flair- sunglasses guy). Still looks pretty generic at this point, but it's definitely got potential.

*crosses fingers*

ZeoVGM

Banned
QuickKick89 said:
Yeah, this ain't for Wii. Good thing too - Infinity Ward is one of the few developers out there that is actually intelligent.

Uh.

You're an idiot.

How does that make them "intelligent?"

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
schuelma said:
Well they did release COD3 on the Wii. Maybe it will be announced later.

Probably not, but I can dream.

Yeah but they had a PS2 port on hand (yeah :( ) This is built up from scratch I believe.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
mr_nothin said:
Looks awesome

The dogs are the UGLIEST things i've seen.

Normal mapped MESS

untitledsm3.jpg

untitled2ag4.jpg

Yeah lol, they showed that for like a fraction of a second though

And it looks real time to me. I mean, it looks amazing not but too amazing to be CG

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Given Activision's comments on the Wii and the sales of CoD3 I have no doubt those asking for one will very likely get it's own (PS2 port) version on the same day, but this isn't the trailer for it obviously.

I look forward to playing this on 360 like CoD3.

mr_nothin

Banned
Wario64 said:
Yeah lol, they showed that for like a fraction of a second though

And it looks real time to me. I mean, it looks amazing not but too amazing to be CG
I thought it was a zombie at 1st and i was all WTF...in a COD game?!
:lol

StevieP

Banned
QuickKick89 said:
Yeah, this ain't for Wii. Good thing too - Infinity Ward is one of the few developers out there that is actually intelligent.

Troll.jpg

Clearly there will be a PC release, though, since many of these screens have 16xAA applied. Wish they showed some actual gameplay footage, though, not cutscenes.

Sean

Banned
tiong_fi said:
HOT HOT HOT.

Looks like a mix between Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six.

Yep.

Reminded me of Splinter Cell Double Agen'ts Kinkasha level too. And some bits of MGS4.

McBain

Thanks for posting those links Sean.
Definitely going to pick this one up when it comes out. I'm glad Infinity Ward decided to reinvent the franchise in a way. Any word/guesses when it will come out? Spring '08?

Tokubetsu

Mrbob said:
Pretty much!

Time to treat the Call of Duty series like Splinter Cell. Buy them every other year when the A team is on the job.

You weren't doing that before? CoD1 and 2 for pc is the way to go!

DMczaf

Mrbob said:
Pretty much!

Time to treat the Call of Duty series like Splinter Cell. Buy them every other year when the A team is on the job.

I just looked at your Achievements, you couldnt even beat COD2 on Hardened or Veteran!? WEAK! Go back to your Godfather Wiiiiii!

Top Bottom