• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 Stream

Mully

I'm a bit nervous at the current state of the game and its expected Fall 2013 release. It's Pre-Alpha. I thought it would in an Alpha stage by now.

KKRT00

Spectator mode is a huge deal for the BF community. I, along with a lot of other BF fans, are loving this in-depth look at Spectator. DICE did a really great job with it.
Link?

Oh ok, they are only spectating on stream, not playing.

Lakitu

st5fu
The commentator is just trying to ask questions and fill up the interview until the round is over. Quite annoying.

Mazdarati

Neo Member
Oh ok, thanks.

And yea, Spectator mode looks sweet. Love having the little PIP view while looking at the overmap.

Yes it does. 1st or 3rd person, and free camera mode it seems.
Spectating using the free camera mode after the building collapses:
Eznz3tN.gif

Ko76IZi.gif

Lots of dust and debris flying around...wow.

Reddit stuffs:

Karl Magnus has revealed somethings: Link
DarkLord7854:He forgot to mention.. can use pistols in the water :)
Sprint swim
Auto lean over thing as in far cry 3
Suppression is nerfed for all weapons except support weapons and it is also nerfed for close ranged combat
Also he wants us to keep posting feedback, they can't respond to all the feedback but they do read a lot of these suggestions.
Diving underwater, you can use pistols when underwater
4 pillars which you can spot to make the skyscraper collaps
ELEVATOR MUSIC YEAAAAH!!!!
No other maps than Siege of Shanghai(for the alpha in E3)
You only get bonuses for your Commander for B,C and D
They apparently have some sick commander stations at E3, no footage tough
Interview with Patrick Bach:
They are happy with responds from the community to the gameplay footage
Limited ammo confirmed for MBT(Some claim it regenerates)
Metal detectors, gates fire extinguishers and more create a more living and interactive environment
For some reason the heli which was disabled repaired itself while being on fire, couldn't see a engineer repairing it.
Reason for levolution is not only to make it look better but also make the game more dynamic so games will be different each time you play.
Team and enemy tags are probably switched in spectator mode, The player walked past red icons but killed a blue guy. Probably uses the team the spectator is in so if the spectator is in the opposite team of the person they are spectating the team tags are still from the team they are in.(Fix that)
Sick wave when the building collapses
Map is dusty after the collapse of the skyscraper, low visibility
Commander adds a layer of value without taking it away from people who don't care about commander.
He tweeted the commander station, looks sick!
What the hell was that kind of rocket launcher? Appears to be a SRAW thanks to triops-300
2 jet-skies on the back of the boat, you enter it automatically when exiting the boat.
ZFB05 Vehicle for china
Flash bangs?
Defibs are now needed to be charged up before you can revive

Vehicle disabling is in, but has been reworked and now takes into account what part was hit
Special squad leader commorose
No custom squads

The waves are all dynamic and react to things like boats
Levolution is on all maps, different maps have different kinds
M26 mass is returning
Pistol customization is confirmed
Bugs:
In spectator mode for one of the teams the icons for teams aren't updated correctly making it look like people are shooting friendlies
Flares and missiles appear as the explosive icon in spectator mode.
Arms acting weird in the attack helicopter
Looks like they have implemented most of the things we posted here

I'm pretty sure it was army and DAMN the destruction is OFF THE CHAIN, I had some insane firefights with people, and in addition to destruction, the area changes. For example, there was a group of guys inside what looked like a showroom with cars inside. I misfired my M320 and took out a huge chunk of wall of that room. Well that shit alerted these guys in there and they started firing my direction, but out of fucking nowhere these like security gates that they use in front of stores at the mall when they close shop started lowering down in front of my position where the wall/window had been, obscuring their vision and allowing me time to back up and reroute.

While setting up your kits though, it does give you gun stats and tells you the different pros/cons of various attachments, and there are a fuck ton so far!

Can't give you exact names but there were multiple lasers you could add, a "coyote" (basically a red dot/kobra) new barrel types, I saw a stock that improved handling, the railing for an M26 Mass/M320 and a bipod attachment. Damn I wish I could remember it all. Also a lot of camos available for guns, and you can also customize your pistol.

Yes, there were a couple different sights you could choose as well as a silencer option. Also there one something that I think was a silencer/flashlight combo

Was the menu for that much less click-heavy like BF3 is?

Oh fuck yea, it was smooth as a mother fucker. I would have spent way more time customizing classes if it weren't for the fact that there was a battle to win and time was limited.

The assault had a regular med kit or you could choose an alternative to it. It wasn't too descriptive as to what the pros and cons were between the two other than the fact that the small one heals you faster, I'm assuming that the downfall would be that it has to be replenished but don't quote me on that.

Did not notice any scope glint during my time and found little to no suppression while fighting in the streets. But when I fought a couple supports their suppression was felt enough to pin us down.

Still 4 kits, Assault, Engineer, Support and Recon.

Biggest thing I noticed right away was that you can no longer break into an insta-sprint, now you have to build up a little bit of speed. And there are so many building and tunnels you can go through its crazy!

Also:

Recon motion mine is back
Different foregrip styles
VOIP confirmed
Click on map spawn confirmed

Lakitu

st5fu
Saw a lot of footage from the stream last night, everything was pretty much what I expected. It looks great. Thanks for compiling those details above. Any word on spawn beacons?

BaZ55yd.png

"For some reason the heli which was disabled repaired itself while being on fire, couldn't see a engineer repairing it."

Extinguisher used by gunner?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Im let down that they didnt break up the classes as separate

assault / medic

and

engineer / demolitions

Since once again we are going to have the fucking death machine engineers running all over the place.

The change of color palette after the tower falls is really unsettling. Nice touch, as it shows that the players are having an impact on the complexion of their environment, but man... it strikes a cord.

Divus

They confirmed 1080p @ 60 fps with 64 players for both PS4 and Xbone in the stream a few times. Not sure what they had to give up visually to do that, but they did say it several times.

Still buying it for PC.

Smash88

Banned
They confirmed 1080p @ 60 fps with 64 players for both PS4 and Xbone in the stream a few times. Not sure what they had to give up visually to do that, but they did say it several times.

Still buying it for PC.

The PC version that my buddy was playing at E3 he said it was skipping anywhere from ~30-45fps @ 1080p. If a "beefy" PC can't do it, and yet somehow consoles can, that means there have been cuts made on consoles somewhere along the line in order to do that, especially with 64 players.

Top Bottom