• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - Main characters and Japanese voice cast revealed

duckroll

New thread for new news I guess. There's a new Jump scan floating around with descriptions of the main party in the game, and the Japanese voice cast for the characters (which is also in the Japanese press release for the game).

Noctis Lucis Caelum (Tatsuhisa Suzuki)
Prince of the Lucis Kingdom, possessing eyes which can sense the death of others. His close friends call him Noct.
6J4FQi5.jpg

Gladiolus Amicitia (Kenta Miyake)
The eldest son of a household tasked with protecting the royal family from generation to generation. A close friend of Noctis who is closer to him than a true brother.

Ignis Scientia (Mamoru Miyano)
A childhood friend of Noctis who grew up recieving gifted education befitting a staff officer. He understands Noctis well and is his confidant.

Prompto Argentum (Tetsuya Kakihara)
A friend who has been a bad influence to Noctis since his school days. While he can get carried away easily, there's another side of him which is driven to help friends in need.

Cor Leonis (Hiroki Touchi)
Head of Royal Family Guards, and one of the three strongest fighters in Lucis. While he is harsh to Noctis and the others, he is a true man of honor who takes his vows to king and country very seriously.

The characters are also the ones on the key visual poster they showed at the Future of FF media briefing. From left to right it's Prompto, Gladiolus, Noctis, Ignis, and Cor:

NeOak

No female chars?

Why am I suddenly scared of all the yaoi that will come out in the next Comiket...

khaaan

I hope there's a floozy from the bad guys side who tries to get between Noctis and Ignis but then Noctis is like "BRO'S BEFORE HOES BITCH" and then punches her in the face.

ranmafan

I see we have the voice actor for Hooin Kyoma himself from Steins;gate here with Mamoru Miyano. Awesome, huge plus for me! Love hearing the voice actors in that game in other works.

duckroll

For what it's worth, I don't think that it is unrealistic for a crown prince in kingdom facing political and military pressure from the outside world to have a close circle of male-only friends.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Posting this from the other thread.

These are the symbolic translations not literal.

Noctics Caelum - Calm Night.
Ignis Scientia - Knowing Fire
Gladiolus Amicitia - Friendly Sword
Prompto Argentum - Quicksilver
Cor Leonis - Lionheart

I really like the character archetypes we got so far. Ignis is going to be awesome, I'm sure of it. Probably going to keep him in my party as long as the plot allows it, like I did with Dunban in Xenoblade.

That being said, I'm willing to bet right now that Prompto dies and Cor/Cole turns traitor. Nomura loves to kill off characters, and loves betrayals even more. Someone's gotta be the Riku.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Better pic of poster:

yvffQJX.jpg

Bladenic

Love the character designs/look for everyone except Ignis.

Wonder if these are our main party. Would be weird if Stella isn't playable at some point.

Love the character designs/look for everyone except Ignis.

Wonder if these are our main party. Would be weird if Stella isn't playable at some point.

FF games almost never have uneven parties. Right now, we only have five party members confirmed. There'll be more characters.

As for Stella, I'm sure she'll join the team eventually.

Zoe

I have no problem with an all-male party. It's not as if anything else about the game is typical Final Fantasy.

Mory Dunz

It's not a superpower, just something that happens to anyone who's had a NDE in the XV world. They've been near death so that changes them somehow, allowing them to see departing souls.

They've done an all female cast, why would it be surprising if XV had an all male cast?

Oh, which one was that?

But wouldn't doing an all female cast be more PC than an all male cast anyway?

Top Bottom