• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some additional Dark Souls 2 details

Dresden

stuff
On the other side of the bonfire a long dark hall awaits. In the southern alcove several candles are lit, and according to Tanimura each of these candles represents a death. Whenever any player online dies at the hands of the boss in this area, a new candle will be lit, and you will see it.

That boss is the Mirror Knight: the mongrel no journalist has managed to defeat. He's a tall knight with a sweeping heavy sword attack and a lightning projectile. He also wields a mirror which, in the final build, will be an invasion entry point for other human players. This means you'll be dealing with not only a boss but also an invader, which is hilariously sadistic.

Rich!

Haha holy shit

wasn't someone on this board asking for boss battle invasions recently? Brutal stuff.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm the most skeptical fan out there, but this part does sound awesome as fuck. More interaction like this, please!

linko9

Wait, so there is a playable build on the floor? Why is there no video of it? If there is, could someone please direct me to it.

k_trout

i want to want it and love it
but i stupidly went into the first world like every other game
and got so many asses handed to me it was ridiculous
didnt help i played it on pc without a 360 controller

On the other side of the bonfire a long dark hall awaits. In the southern alcove several candles are lit, and according to Tanimura each of these candles represents a death. Whenever any player online dies at the hands of the boss in this area, a new candle will be lit, and you will see it.

So after the first day the framerate will be 5FPS for this section?

Edit: Nevermind, I now understand he's saying a player who is online will have their deaths be visible through this method(thought he was saying every online player's death added to the candle light). Cool stuff.

Rich!

i want to want it and love it
but i stupidly went into the first world like every other game
and got so many asses handed to me it was ridiculous
didnt help i played it on pc without a 360 controller

You played it without the 360 controller and you're surprised you found it hard?

also, you went the wrong way. There's no worlds either. Don't go to the graveyard. Go the other way.

Stillmatic

Pretty neat. Can't wait to ruin someones day.... :D

image.php

k_trout

You played it without the 360 controller and you're surprised you found it hard?

also, you went the wrong way. There's no worlds either. Don't go to the graveyard. Go the other way.

i dont like to blame controls for being crap at something
but i had a feeling it might have had something to do with it
i kept locking on to the wrong dudes

lol i also had a feeling i had gone the wrong way

im so conditioned by linear shooters that i just failed supremely at this game

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds awesome, was looking forward to more stuff like this (similar to the Old Monk boss from Demon's).

On the other hand, part of what made that boss so amazing was the "oh shit" moment of realising what you're actually dealing with...

That's it! No more DS2 threads for me!

kanuuna

Sound really neat. I'm still a bit bummed about it being current-gen only (at this stage at least), but if it comes out on PC at launch, I can dig it.

k_trout

wait a minute i think im confused
demon souls - dark souls
which one was on steam and really needed a 360 controller?

gotoadgo

Sounds delightfully painful!

Also, do we know if the PC version is being released at the same time as the console versions?

gotoadgo

Yeah i remember that...i don't know but this sounds a bit too much...
Well there's always the option of just disconnecting the console or simply staying hollowed if it's too much for you. So you're not going to be forced into it if it's anything like Dark Souls.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Being invaded while in a boss battle is lame, unless it's specific ones designed with it in mind.

Being invaded while in a boss battle is lame, unless it's specific ones designed with it in mind.

I agree. It's a cool aspect that I do hope is used for a couple boss fights. If it's every boss fight then it's going to be bad. Especially if the PvP in this game is as exploitable as it was in DS1.

damn, i wish i hadn't read that. would've been a cool surprise. i hope there are other similar messed up moments :p

drop me through a trapdoor into a pitchblack dark room with 5 player controlled black phantom giant knights, i'll deal with it. AS MANY TRIES AS IT TAKES. make me cry From. i'm begging. torture me.

Top Bottom