• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's delicious JP mag news

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
No Dissidia/FFIV DS/FFXII International stuff in this Famitsu makes me wonder where that blog got its info from. Jump, I guess...

Anyway, I feel it is my duty to post the awesome DS games Jonnyram and Duckroll cruelly and heartlessly ignore.

Daddy's Sunday Carpentry DS
Rurubu Sightseeing Series: Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto and Akihabara (!!)
Doraemon Makaihen
Pixel Maritan (based on some military moe manga. Yes, military moe)

Also apparently a Walküre (Namco) game on PSP? Waiting for more info...

duckroll

Aokage said:
No Dissidia/FFIV DS/FFXII International stuff in this Famitsu makes me wonder where that blog got its info from. Jump, I guess...

Anyway, I feel it is my duty to post the awesome DS games Jonnyram and Duckroll cruelly and heartlessly ignore.

Doraemon Makaihen

Hey you cruelly and hearlessly ignored Prince of Persia for DS and PSP too! Japanese gamers who don't import want to know too! :lol

Acosta

duckroll said:
What are you talking about, Sonic rocks. Maybe you're just jealous cause you're stuck with a Wii and not next-gen graphics.

You must be really bored ;)

Sound novel in HD, well, it had to happen. But I suppose the text adventures will start going for Wii very fast given the interface and that is way cheaper over HD consoles. Maybe they will start soon with PS2/Wii games (but I think companies dedicated to develop adventures are facing bad times, don´t know where I read that)

By the way Duckroll, is there any chance you can answer my PM or is out of question?

duckroll

Famitsu's Odin Sphere comments:

- Difficulty is high, but the controls are relatively simple but very intuitive and work well
- The item creation aspect and how its used in the game is unique, but when there are too many items in your inventory management can be hard
- Great directing with powerful music and voices, there's quite a lot of volume in the game
- Lots of loading
- Lots of stages look the same
- In some of the boss fights there appears to be slowdown

Avalon

duckroll said:

- Difficulty is high, but the controls are relatively simple but very intuitive and work well
- The item creation aspect and how its used in the game is unique, but when there are too many items in your inventory management can be hard
- Great directing with powerful music and voices, there's quite a lot of volume in the game
- Lots of loading

Hope this is accurate. I don't know about the rest of you but for some reason I figured this game was going to be a really easy brawler. Sucks about the loading though.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Aokage said:

Doraemon Makaihen

:lol

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
duckroll said:

- Lots of loading
:(

Did Grim Grimoire have any of that?

duckroll

jj984jj said:
:(

Did Grim Grimoire have any of that?

Sure. Pretty much all of Grim Grimoire looks the same. It's pretty low budget, but the quality is great imo. There's loading too, but we're talking about 30 minute stages versus 1-3 minute stages here, so Odin Sphere is without doubt more frequent - it's also a much longer game. There's no slowdown in Grim Grimoire because there are no bosses. :p

Grimmy

Banned
Aokage said:

WHAT WHAT!!!

Pls say it's true!!! And it's in the classic 2-D top-down mode!

1989_legend_of_valkyrie.gif

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
duckroll said:
Sure. Pretty much all of Grim Grimoire looks the same. It's pretty low budget, but the quality is great imo. There's loading too, but we're talking about 30 minute stages versus 1-3 minute stages here, so Odin Sphere is without doubt more frequent - it's also a much longer game. There's no slowdown in Grim Grimoire because there are no bosses. :p
So it isn't so bad for that game as it is for Odin Sphere because of type of game it is, I see.

traveler

Not Wario
duckroll said:

- Lots of loading

I gathered pretty much all of this from the media we've seen thus far.

Though I don't know if "stages look the same" is how I'd put it. The enviromental variety seems to be quite impressive; it's the level structure that seems to be the same to me. I wonder how much of a damper to the quality of the game that is as it has been my only real concern. I can deal with the loading times and slowdown that I've seen.

Troidal

Aokage said:

Akiba? That place changes a lot in such a short period of time, not sure if making a map software for it makes sense... ・_・

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
Aokage said:

!

i dig the classic arcade game. let's hope this is both true and awesome.

...then again it's namco. in 2007. on psp.

Y2Kev

drohne said:
!

...then again it's namco. in 2007. on psp.

PSP is like the only place namco has been reliably good.

ethelred

drohne said:
!

I've never played it, actually. It looks pretty cool from that one screenshot. What's the game like?

Bo130

A Link to the Snitch said:
At least it's the same score as the first, so Famitsu says it = Ouendan.

No it's not :)

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time | 9 / 9 / 8 / 9 | 35/40
Ouendan | 9 / 8 / 9 / 9 | 35/40
Pokémon Diamond & Pearl | 9 / 8 / 9 / 9 | 35/40
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team | 9 / 9 / 8 / 9 | 35/40
Tetris DS | 9 / 9 / 8 / 9 | 35/40
Trace Memory | 9 / 10 / 8 / 8 | 35/40
Yoshi Touch & Go! | 9 / 9 / 9 / 8 | 35/40

-------------------------------------

Advance Wars: Dual Strike | 9 / 9 / 8 / 8 | 34/40
Final Fantasy III | 9 / 8 / 9 / 8 | 34/40
Fushigi no Dungeon: Fuurai no Shiren DS | 9 / 9 / 8 / 8 | 34/40
Kirby: Canvas Curse | 9 / 8 / 8 / 9 | 34/40
Ouendan 2 | 9 / 9 / 8 / 8 | 34/40
Dragon Quest: Rocket Slime | 8 / 10 / 8 / 8 | 34/40
Super Princess Peach | 9 / 8 / 8 / 9 | 34/40

Y2Kev

The screenshot actually reminds me of the Mode 7 scrolling parts of the SNES Mickey Mouse game Jaffe directed. Can't think of the name of it. It looks cool.

Takuhi

duckroll said:
There's no slowdown in Grim Grimoire because there are no bosses. :p

When dragons fight chimeras, you get a bit...

Were the 7's from the ones who complained the difficulty? If so, I'd feel much more comfortable about dismissing them entirely.

king zell

so whats the new Tecmo game for the Wii ?

Wii「テクモ新感覚アクション(仮)」

excite translation :

Wii"Tecmo new sense action (temporary)"

duckroll

Takuhi said:
When dragons fight chimeras, you get a bit...

Were the 7's from the ones who complained the difficulty? If so, I'd feel much more comfortable about dismissing them entirely.

I don't know. There are no scans of the actual seperate 4 reviews yet. Although I don't really care that much, I mean it IS Famitsu. I don't think anyone is going to cancel their preorders over a Famitsu review. :)

Btw, in the second last mission in story mode I've had a chimera and 2 dragons attack me with 2 Morning Stars of my own and like 7 demons, didn't really notice any slowdown honestly. Dragons are just slooooow so it's hard to tell too. :D

Takuhi

Yeah, that's true... Why do I care about Famitsu's opinion again? Didn't they give GrimGrim all 7's?

duckroll said:
Btw, in the second last mission in story mode I've had a chimera and 2 dragons attack me with 2 Morning Stars of my own and like 7 demons, didn't really notice any slowdown honestly. Dragons are just slooooow so it's hard to tell too. :D

Ha, good point! Those lumbering dragons are a tidal wave of molasses on their best of days...

Doctor_No

Eteric Rice said:
Why does the first link you mention have pics of the old Saturn NiGHTS at the very bottom?

I'm going to jump to conclusions.

NiGHTS PORT TO DS AM COMFIRMED

They are just there for comparison.

neo2046

Soul Calibur Legends
Wii / Bandai Namco / Action Adventure

Meet the SC characters and fight with the Wiimote

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
neo2046 said:
Soul Calibur Legends

Totaly unpredictable gameplay mechanics

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
neo2046 said:
Soul Calibur Legends

Wow :D :D

Top Bottom