• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Square Enix Party 2007 Thread

duckroll

When: 12th and 13th May 2007, 10 AM to 5 PM
Where: Makuhari Messe Halls 9 to 11
Official Site: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/party07

NEWS

- Final Fantasy IV DS Official Site: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/ff4ds/
- Two demos for CCFFVII: One against Genesis, and one against Bahamut
- All FFXIII media are in the Closed Theatre, GAF am cry
- "The 3rd birthday" is listed on the programming for the closed theatre... the mystery thickens
- FF4 DS trailer, but no game footage. Tokita is producing this time instead of Tanaka (rightfully so) and a professional animator is doing the storyboards
- FFCC Wii trailer, looks like Zelda
- FFXII International job classes are: Red, Black, White Mages, Knight, Monk, Breaker, Time Mage Warrior, Shikaree, Ulan, Samurai, Engineer, Archer
- DQIX trailer, looks great
- Crisis Core FFVII official release date in Japan: 13th Sept 2007
- FFVIIACC has no date yet
- Sephiroth is a playable character in Dissidia
- Parasite Eve 3 on Mobiles (FOMA)
- New FFXI Expansion: Althena's Holy Soldiers
- New Kingdom Hearts project is underway, but nothing revealed... until TGS
- FFXIII and Versus XIII trailers are extended versions of the Jump Festa ones, Agito's is all new

What will be there

Released Titles

Final Fantasy (PSP) - Video
Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings (DS) - Playable, Video
Final Fantasy Tactics (PSP) - Playable, Video
Final Fantasy XI (PC/PS2) - Playable, Video
Final Fantasy (Mobile) - Playable, Video
Final Fantasy II (Mobile) - Playable, Video
Dirge of Cerberus Final Fantasy VII Lost Episode (Mobile) - Playable, Video
Before Crisis Final Fantasy VII (Mobile) - Playable, Video
Chocobo de Mobile (Mobile) - Playable, Video
Seiken Densetsu (Mobile) - Playable, Video
Seikent Densetsu Friends of Mana (Mobile) - Playable, Video
SaGa (Mobile) - Playable, Video
Monotone (Mobile) - Playable, Video
Dragon Quest Monsters Joker (DS) - Video
Dragon Quest Monsters Mobile (Mobile) - Playable, Video
Dragon Quest Fushigi no Dungeon (Mobile) - Playable, Video

Unreleased Titles

Final Fantasy II (PSP) - Video
Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System (PS2) - Playable, Video
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 (DS) - Playable, Video
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Ring of Fates (DS) - Playable, Video
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Crystal Bearers (Wii) - Video
Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII (PSP) - Playable, Video
Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete (DVD, Blu-Ray) - Video
Final Fantasy XIII Fabula Nova Crystalis (PS3, Mobile) - Video
Final Fantasy IV (DS) - Video
Dissidia Final Fantasy (PSP) - Video
Chocobo Fushigi no Dungeon (Wii) - ??
It's A Wonderful World (DS) - Playable, Video
Dragon Quest Swords (Wii) - Playable, Video
Dragon Quest IX (DS) - Video
Dragon Quest Monster Battle Road (Arcade) - Video
Itadaki Street DS (DS) - Playable, Video
Star Ocean First Departure (PSP) - Video
Star Ocean Second Evolution (PSP) - Video
Star Ocean 4 (??) - ??
The Last Remnant (Xbox360/PS3) - ??
DS Style (DS) - Playable, Video

Stage Schedules

12th May:

11:00 - Star Ocean Special Stage
13:00 - Dragon Quest Monster Battle Road Premium Stage
14:00 - Open Mega Theatre and It's A Wonderful World Special Live

13th May:

11:00 - Dragon Quest Swords Special Talk Stage
13:00 - Dragon Quest Monsters Joker "Great Masters GP" Champions Meet
16:00 - Nagasarete Airantou Special Stage

The Party opens in 2 hours! Get hyped! :D

Eteric Rice

Wonder if they'll be making anymore announcements?

Hopefully they show Wii's CC game. I'm dying to see what it looks like.

xaosslug

4lpgjef.gif

Surreal

So is the FFXIII stuff going to be shown in a closed theater or are we actually going to see something this time around?

duckroll

Surreal said:
So is the FFXIII stuff going to be shown in a closed theater or are we actually going to see something this time around?

Most likely the Closed Mega Theatre. The Open Mega Theatre is for stuff actually coming out this year.

Pray few japanese have something else than a crappy mobile camera....going from all those japanese with scanners this is doubtful though.

Really good summary, duckroll. Going to bed soon so I hope you update it for tomorrow :)

Evlar

Banned
So how is this going to work? Will we get blogger updates like we did during the pre-party conference?

Also I had a much better title for this thread.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Good job Ducky. Much appreciated. I'm looking forward to impressions from some of these.

duckroll

The Sphinx said:
So how is this going to work? Will we get blogger updates like we did during the pre-party conference?

Also I had a much better title for this thread.

We might, it doesn't really matter. The event is on all day, and most detailed updates will likely be posted in the evening (Japan time) when people get home and type it up. I doubt it'll be media SILENCE all day though, since this is a public event. Unless it's ****ing boring. :lol

I'm assuming that the second the party starts, media outlets will be able to release the trailer of FFCC Wii they showed the other day? I hope so, my interest is piqued.

Eteric Rice

BrodiemanTTR said:
I'm assuming that the second the party starts, media outlets will be able to release the trailer of FFCC Wii they showed the other day? I hope so, my interest is piqued.

I hope so. I want to see just how far they've pushed the Wii.

Majmun

Since Square Enix has had a remake fever the last couple of months, why won't they remake Chrono Trigger or Legend of Mana while they're at it? Those games are better than most Final Fantasy games.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Interested in all the DS games, FF:CC-tCC, any news on SO4, and The Last Remnant. Oh and any FNC stuff as well. :D

Matix

Now this is how an *OFFICIAL* thread should be presented, take notes rookies (including myself). So yea, thank ya DR :D :D!!

Eteric Rice

Second said:
Since Square Enix has had a remake fever the last couple of months, why won't they remake Chrono Trigger or Legend of Mana while they're at it? Those games are better than most Final Fantasy games.

Well, from what I understand, the rights to Chrono Trigger is all spread out amongst the team members. So Square really can't remake it.

duckroll

Eteric Rice said:
Well, from what I understand, the rights to Chrono Trigger is all spread out amongst the team members. So Square really can't remake it.

No, that's not true. Square Enix owns the rights to Chrono Trigger. It's not getting remade for the same reason Xenogears isn't getting remade. Why waste resources when you can sell over 50k copies of FF1 on PSP and over 100k of FFT on PSP? :p

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
duckroll said:
No, that's not true. Square Enix owns the rights to Chrono Trigger. It's not getting remade for the same reason Xenogears isn't getting remade. Why waste resources when you can sell over 50k copies of FF1 on PSP and over 100k of FFT on PSP? :p

Why not farm both out to TOSE or whoever and bank as much profit as possible?

Snaku

Banned
duckroll said:

Why waste resources on FF1&2 and FFT on PSP when they could remake FFVII (on anything) and sell 1.5+ million easily?

Surreal

Snaku said:
Why waste resources on FF1&2 and FFT on PSP when they could remake FFVII (on anything) and sell 1.5+ million easily?

Because that would weaken the Final Fantasy name! God forbid they do that!
They probably have something in store for FFVII...

R0nn

Hopefully this means I will wake up to lots of screens and trailers and cool announcements tomorrow.

jvalioli

ivysaur12 said:
FF:CC Wii is going to be playable? Didn't they say it wouldn't be at the press conference?
Yeah, they pulled it from the conference according to IGN. I hope it is still playable at the party, but I'm starting to doubt.

Snaku

Banned
Surreal said:
Because that would weaken the Final Fantasy name! God forbid they do that!
They probably have something in store for FFVII...

You sure? We still have a decade of FFXIII to get through. Think they can spare the resources? :lol

duckroll

Stumpokapow said:
Why not farm both out to TOSE or whoever and bank as much profit as possible?

Because TOSE is probably already working on a 2D FF3 and FF4 for PSP and SO1 and SO2 for PSP and maybe even more! :lol

joesmokey

I thought they had a new FFXIII Versus video as well. Not being shown at all?

Edit: Unless the listing includes all FFXIII Versions

ivysaur12

Banned
jvalioli said:
Yeah, they pulled it from the conference according to IGN. I hope it is still playable at the party, but I'm starting to doubt.

I do too... It's not on the site though. Where does duckroll get his info from?

duckroll

ivysaur12 said:
I do too... It's not on the site though. Where does duckroll get his info from?

It was originally reported that it would be playable at the Party. I guess that was a mistake since Watch Impress clarified that only FFCC DS would be playable. I've corrected it. Sorry. :(

ivysaur12

Banned
duckroll said:
It was originally reported that it would be playable at the Party. I guess that was a mistake since Watch Impress clarified that only FFCC DS would be playable. I've corrected it. Sorry. :(

It's ok... I wish we could see the video though.

Saoh

damn it, i'll probably have to browse from my Wii by the time it starts :(:(:(

and Wii has very limited streaming video support ;_;

vareon

Damn, by the time the party starts I'll be having an exam, a freakin' exam on a bright saturday morning. Talk about bad luck :(

D

Deleted member 13414

Unconfirmed Member
has it begun? It is 10 am already isnt it

i doubt theres going to be any big new announcements we havent heard already and we cant even see the new videos of FFXIII and stuff closed behind doors so i predict this to be lackluster

Top Bottom