• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Mario Kart 8 releasng in April 2014?

MoeB

Better late than never, I suppose. What are people who are giving gifts to Wii U owners supposed to buy them for christmas?

Kard8p3

Yeah that makes sense. My guess is they'll release it a couple weeks before the shareholder meeting just so they have something out there selling well around that time. I get the feeling we'll continue to have droughts throughout the Wii U life cycle.

Phazon

What's gonna be in between December - April? Are we gonna have another fucking drought?

They'll likely tell us what in a ND around this fall or at the end of the year.

That being said, it's possible that Q1 won't have a lot of Nintendo games (I'm guessing one or two). They'll be releasing Wii Party U, Wii Fit U, DKC, Mario and Zelda at the end of the year, so people their wallets need to fill up again a bit :p

GQman2121

Banned
If they miss this holiday they might as well publish it on ios and Android. Besides Wind Waker HD and Mario, what do they have this fall?

120v

Are we gonna have another fucking drought?

there've been droughts since 1996 w/r/t nintendo consoles. i'm a nintendo fan but its one thing you can steadily rely on, regardless whenever mario kart or donkey kong or 3D world or whaveter game gets released

Right, but I'm sure they're gonna keep games like Bayonetta and X for the Fall.

Yoshi's Epic Yarn? What else?

I was thinking Smash Bros 4 would be their big Fall title, alongside...whatever else they announce for the second half of the year, Super Metroid 2 and Wave Race U

Tripon

If they miss this holiday they might as well publish it on ios and Android. Besides Wind Waker HD and Mario, what do they have this fall?

Donkey Kong TP, Sonic Lost World, Just Dance 2014, Skylanders: Swap Force, Batman: Arkham Origins, Watch Dogs, AssCreed 4 off the top of my head.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
What's gonna be in between December - April? Are we gonna have another fucking drought?

December is Super Mario 3D World.

Early 2014 could easily have Yarn Yoshi, Bayonetta 2 and "X".

Danielsan

I figured it was a holiday 2013 title. They sure as hell could have used it.
But you know what, please put in the time and effort to make the online play enjoyable and not a broken mess filled with exploits. I would love to be able to play a Mario Kart title online without people cheating left and right

Tripon

Okay, I'm sure they'll be fine.

It just seems crazy to have such a big title miss a hoilday that's going up against two console lunches.

It takes time to make games. Mario Kart 7 had a bunch of studios(including Retro) helping out and came out at 2011. MK8 doesn't seem to have that kind of developer support. A game taking about two years is pretty normal. Maybe Nintendo should have done the same thing for MK8, but that would have delayed other projects. Nintendo seem to be betting that Wii Fit U, Donkey Kong TP, and Mario 3D World will be system sellers this fall. We'll find out.

Exact same scheme as Mario Kart Wii (Wii released late 2006 → Mario Kart Wii released April 2008). Nothing surprising there but maybe this time Nintendo isn't gonna wait 2 years before releasing a bundle with the console.

Tripon

Are they going to make another Mario Party or is Wii Party U the replacement?

They will likely make a Mario Party U version, and several of them. But I'm guessing that they want to push out Mario Party 3DS first, and the 3DS version comes out Nov. this year.

Hale-XF11

Donkey Kong, Wii Fit U, Wii Party U, Mario & Sonic.

I get the feeling that a lot of gamers, including myself, are feeling very luke warm about these titles, along with 3D World. That's why seeing MK8 being pushed into next year feels like an eternity.

Bombadil

Banned
They will likely make a Mario Party U version, and several of them. But I'm guessing that they want to push out Mario Party 3DS first, and the 3DS version comes out Nov. this year.

They're making one on the 3DS, so I figure they'll have one on the Wii U too.

Thanks.

I was debating whether I should have gotten a Wii U or a 3DS. I went with the Wii U and now I have some regrets.

I get the feeling that a lot of gamers, including myself, are feeling very luke warm about these titles, along with 3D World. That's why seeing MK8 being pushed into next year feels like an eternity.

3D world looks awesome to me. But I understand why coming off of Mario Galaxy, people want something even grander, not simpler.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Damn... I really want this game, but I don't want to buy a Wii U and a PS4 so close together.

EhoaVash

let's see release dates for America : Pikmin 3 August 4, New super luigi U ( retail ) august, Wonderful 101 in September, Wind waker HD in October, Donkey kong country Tropical freeze in November, Super Mario 3D world in December

+ sonic lost world & Batman Arkham Origins in October iirc + all them Ubisoft games like watch_dogs, rayman, splinter cell, and assassins creed 4 are releasing on wii u too ...I don't see the problem ..Wii U's line up is PACKED for this year.
Next year I see them releasing bayonetta 2 early like january or February like how Bayonetta 1 released in January, I see Wii fit U being a early title for next year same with Yarn Yoshi and + there's other 2014 games like X, Fire emblem x SMT and smash bros..don't forget E3 where nintendo will show off more new games

in early 2008 Nintendo released the 1 2 3 punch in the first half. they released smash bros brawl in March, mario kart in April and wii fit in May ..if smash bros is really that deep into development ( i very much doubt, i see smash as their big holiday game ) they could do the same strategy again :p

dmr87

PLAY THE GAME.... April 2014.

pZq.gif

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I know this is true for me. I'm interested in a few of the titles releasing this Fall, but not enough to buy a Wii U. That'll change once MK8 hits.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
let's see release dates for America : Pikmin 3 August 4, New super luigi 3 ( retail ) august, Wonderful 101 in September, Wind waker HD in October, Donkey kong country Tropical freeze in November, Super Mario 3D world in December

+ sonic lost world & Batman Arkham Origins in October iirc + all them Ubisoft games like watch_dogs, rayman, splinter cell, and assassins creed 4 are releasing on wii u too ...I don't see the problem ..Wii U's line up is PACKED for this year.
Next year I see them releasing bayonetta 2 early like january or February like how Bayonetta 1 released in January, I see Wii fit U being a early title for next year same with Yarn Yoshi and + there's other 2014 games like X, Fire emblem x SMT and smash bros..don't forget E3 where nintendo will show off more new games

in early 2008 Nintendo released the 1 2 3 punch in the first half. they released smash bros brawl in March, mario kart in April and wii fit in May ..if smash bros is really that deep into development ( i very much doubt, i see smash as their big holiday game ) they could do the same strategy again :p

Well, apparently, Amazon Italy lists Smash Bros with a June 15 release date, so it's definitely possible.

http://www.amazon.it/dp/B00DL0INNW/

We heard the same thing last year. If they don´t show anything now it´s very likely that they have nothing.

Nintendo recently said they have more games for 2014. They didn't announce them at e3 because they wanted to give the most attention to the titles that were shown and felt it would of been too much for e3.

TDLink

Bayonetta 2. Platinum games often have a tendency to release in January or February. I do hope they have at least 1 more Q1 game other than Bayo and Mario Kart though.

Top Bottom