• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBLA's Ascend: New Gods - Beta Sign-Up LIVE

Ascend: New Gods is a free-to-play multiplayer action RPG. Experience the robust world that is Ascend with Xbox LIVE members and watch the struggle unfold as the balance of power between the three alignments alters the world around you.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
OdysseusVA, did you even use the email'd referral link to increase you own chances? You link seems to just be the normal one... might as well get the most out of it, right?

My Referral Link: http://l.aunch.us/gED7

So if referring to "at least 5 friends" increases your chances of getting in, shouldn't we all be trying to use each other's links in this thread?

And thanks for bringing this to attention, BTW! As much as I enjoyed Toy Soldiers, I'm looking forward to this quite a bit.

carrxyzxh.gif

MY Referral Link: http://l.aunch.us/BIfH

I love you all xoxo

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Well, I didn't want to post it as a "universal referral link" and get it added to the OP by mistake, lol. They don't even mention such a thing until the next email is sent, too... I wonder how many signed up, but don't know such a system is even in place?

Well, I didn't want to post it as a "universal referral link" and get it added to the OP by mistake, lol. They don't even mention such a thing until the next email is sent, too... I wonder how many signed up, but don't know such a system is even in place?

I didn't know until you mentioned it! I have, of course, posted my referral link elsewhere as an invitation for others to sign up for the beta... lol.

OdysseusVA, did you even use the email'd referral link to increase you own chances? You link seems to just be the normal one... might as well get the most out of it, right?

My Referral Link: http://l.aunch.us/gED7

So if referring to "at least 5 friends" increases your chances of getting in, shouldn't we all be trying to use each other's links in this thread?

And thanks for bringing this to attention, BTW! As much as I enjoyed Toy Soldiers, I'm looking forward to this quite a bit.

Didn't know about the referral link until long after I posted, heh. Hopefully I'll get in for signing up early.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
next gen is clearly gonna be mmo free to play spam ): used SAB CA referral link says you need to get refer 5 friends for increased chance heres mine http://l.aunch.us/tcG2

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I didn't know until you mentioned it! I have, of course, posted my referral link elsewhere as an invitation for others to sign up for the beta... lol.

It's such a sneaky thing to do, too; I hope it's not too big a change, just so all those early people who signed up don't get passed over by those who know about it, once time passes, y'know? (Why is there even a limit, really...)

Didn't know about the referral link until long after I posted, heh. Hopefully I'll get in for signing up early.

Aye, hope so too! I wish I could throw a referral back to you, since you helped us all gain notice in the first place...

My Link - http://l.aunch.us/9n0i

SAB CA I registered under yout link.

next gen is clearly gonna be mmo free to play spam ): used SAB CA referral link says you need to get refer 5 friends for increased chance heres mine http://l.aunch.us/tcG2

Thanks to you both! I hope this ends up helping everyone here increase their chances of getting in.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So, anyone else get their Beta Invites? I received mine.

The file was something like 1.68 Gigs to download.

I played for about an hour or so.

It's pretty fun, yet kind of simple to play. I like the fact that it feels like a decent production value Single Player arcade game, but with nice asynch'multiplayer bonuses to bring the world alive.

The combat system is very straight forward, but the ability to cast spells at any time (even in mid combo... the character will cast out the spell, while continuing on their fighting duties), and block at any point (even if in mid animation... the block state will proc, even if you're not in the stance) makes it very easy to play with.

This is actually very good, as higher combos lead to more and more souls...

...and you will need to spend souls CONSTANTLY. Items break, items need upgrade, items unlock for purchase at each level, etc, etc. Not to mention the spell trees, and all the perks and unique bonuses you can buy for them.

I have not checked how they monetize buying souls, because I really didn't need to (and I'd rather not try in a beta, anyway).

Heads up too: The achievements are actually earnable. I've already gotten 6 of them (o_O) So if you're achievement OCD, just know this game locks you in with a 5p cheevo really fast (like right after making your character.)

So far, I really like the fact that this is obviously a Signal studios game... bits of wanton destruction and reactive animation all about, a nice, solid, complex looking world, and a sense of scale that constantly reminds you that bigger powers lie just around the corner.

I'm interested in seeing what others feel about the game!

mujun

So, anyone else get their Beta Invites? I received mine.

The file was something like 1.68 Gigs to download.

I played for about an hour or so.

It's pretty fun, yet kind of simple to play. I like the fact that it feels like a decent production value Single Player arcade game, but with nice asynch'multiplayer bonuses to bring the world alive.

The combat system is very straight forward, but the ability to cast spells at any time (even in mid combo... the character will cast out the spell, while continuing on their fighting duties), and block at any point (even if in mid animation... the block state will proc, even if you're not in the stance) makes it very easy to play with.

This is actually very good, as higher combos lead to more and more souls...

...and you will need to spend souls CONSTANTLY. Items break, items need upgrade, items unlock for purchase at each level, etc, etc. Not to mention the spell trees, and all the perks and unique bonuses you can buy for them.

I have not checked how they monetize buying souls, because I really didn't need to (and I'd rather not try in a beta, anyway).

Heads up too: The achievements are actually earnable. I've already gotten 6 of them (o_O) So if you're achievement OCD, just know this game locks you in with a 5p cheevo really fast (like right after making your character.)

So far, I really like the fact that this is obviously a Signal studios game... bits of wanton destruction and reactive animation all about, a nice, solid, complex looking world, and a sense of scale that constantly reminds you that bigger powers lie just around the corner.

I'm interested in seeing what others feel about the game!

Wow, sounds cool. Officially on radar.

That does sound very cool. It was on my radar before, but now I'm officially hyped for it. Bloody annoying I didn't get a beta invite though.

Top Bottom