• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2: GOTY spotted at Steam registry

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Oh god.... *epic facepalm*

This is why I personally believe we only really need one unified game of the year, otherwise people do this.

It didn't hold a candle to Journey or The Walking Dead.

So you're suggesting there be some video game governing body who has the sole purpose of naming Game of the Year?

The industry could get together and form its own version of the Oscars or Emmys, but it really wouldn't benefit anyone. It would waste money and time. It's better than every Tom, Dick and Harry can pick whatever they want for GOTY so then you can tout that in marketing.

Chris R

Awesome. Wonder how much it will go for on sale either this summer or in the winter sale. Some of the DLC looks good but I'm not buying more points to get it on my 360.

This is why I personally believe we only really need one unified game of the year, otherwise people do this.

Someone could easily dislike both of those games and like Borderlands 2. They're boring alike

It's just a way of saying it has all the DLC, and in my opinion it was better than both actually.

Already have the game on 360 and PS3, maybe I'll get the GOTY edition on PC. And if Dead Island can get a GOTY edition, Borderlands 2 can definitely can get one.

Borderlands 2 is a real game unlike The Walking Dead. The graphics are shitty, the game play mechanics are stupid, the way your character moves is ridiculous it looks infantile.

Your choices have simply no outcome on the ending. Still it was a very good experience. They should have called The Walking Dead Experience of the year. Please do not call it a game.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Borderlands 2 is a real game unlike The Walking Dead. The graphics are shitty, the game play mechanics are stupid, the way your character moves is ridiculous it looks infantile.

Your choices have simply no outcome on the ending. Still it was a very good experience. They should have called The Walking Dead Experience of the year. Please do not call it a game.

Did it use interactive graphics generated in real time? Did you play it? That's vidyer.

ScrubJay

ITT : People don't understand that Game of The Year Edition is simply a better sounding way to say "includes all DLC and expansions".

More along the lines of the point I made in the post above yours.

It's not down to a single person but what's the point in having a non-universal one so developers can cash in on it. Imagine I start a website about games and get some readers coming to visit most days of the week and we choose that X title is game of the year. The developers then release a game of the year edition the year after. I mean, where do we draw the line here?

And it's at this point I'd like to say I bought the special edition version of Boarderlands 2 for PS3, I don't want to come off as being biased or not even having played it. (Now Colonial Marines and DNF, totally biased about.)

Barely any of the major reviewers chose Boarderlands 2 as a nominee. I think the majority was Mass Effect, Assassins Creed, Journey and The Walking Dead.

I don't see why they can't just release a complete or extended edition.
I don't think you understand, it is the complete collection, it's just used as the Game of the Year edition because it sounds good. They're not re-releasing the same exact game that launched on its original launch date.

More along the lines of the point I made in the post above yours.

It's not down to a single person but what's the point in having a non-universal one so developers can cash in on it. Imagine I start a website about games and get some readers coming to visit most days of the week and we choose that X title is game of the year. The developers then release a game of the year edition the year after. I mean, where do we draw the line here?

Barely any of the major reviewers chose Boarderlands 2 as a nominee. I think the majority was Mass Effect, Assassins Creed, Journey and The Walking Dead.

I don't see why they can't just release a complete or extended edition.

Well, the game was very popular, well received, and got a bunch of GOTY awards.

Where do you draw the line? Not here, that's for sure.

Subjectively, I don't know why you mentioned Ass Creed 3 for last year because that was a stinker. You also mentioned Gears 2 for 2008? Yuck.

katkombat

Banned

LO-FUCKING-L

LAUGHING MY FUCKING ASS OFF

kick51

Banned

It's really not that important. And "one unified" GOTY is not possible. You couldn't even decide on one in your post asking for a unified GOTY

Tomas

Banned
GOTY branding has to go away. Not saying that Borderlands is abusing it, but this packaging gives no actual information to customers. Who says that it is a GOTY game? Steam? Other customers? A single review site?

Anyway, going to wait for the sale on this one to add it to the Steam library.

bengraven

Right, after I just bought it on Amazon and some of the extra dlc on the side...

Then again, I probably paid less than the GOTY edition will be anyway and I'm just missing the skins and Krieg (I bought the Mechro).

Tenumi

Banned
Well this is good news in my eyes. While me and a couple friends have the game and most DLC on the 360, we're looking to move over to PC for it when our XBL subscriptions run out and the PS4 comes out. Something like this would make it all the easier.

Xanathus

Guess this means that there's no more campaign DLCs coming, wonder what that cutscene at the end of Tiny Tina's DLC
where they talk about raiding the moon base
means then, a hint about the opening of the Borderlands 3?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Guess this means that there's no more campaign DLCs coming, wonder what that cutscene at the end of Tiny Tina's DLC
where they talk about raiding the moon base
means then, a hint about the opening of the Borderlands 3?

I dunno, with how the original Borderlands 2 finish, you'd think they would go to another planet.

I'm curious to see if they're going to make the Borderlands 2 player characters into NPCs, like they did with the Borderlands 1 characters. Would be cool to see them with Lilith, Mordecai, Brick and the others.

elektrixx

Banned
It's really not that important. And "one unified" GOTY is not possible. You couldn't even decide on one in your post asking for a unified GOTY
What has been unified in people's minds is that shitty Walking Dead series. It cheated to win with most outlets by combining five games into one.

Xanathus

I dunno, with how the original Borderlands 2 finish, you'd think they would go to another planet.

I'm curious to see if they're going to make the Borderlands 2 player characters into NPCs, like they did with the Borderlands 1 characters. Would be cool to see them with Lilith, Mordecai, Brick and the others.

I think what happens is that the start/tutorial of BL3 takes place on
the Hyperion space station
and then they use that as a hub town and launching point to take space ships to other planets.

Because Assassins Creed 3 was nominated for Game of the Year by many different reviewers... so was Gears of War 2...

Believe it or not, but I do some research before posting.

That's why I said "subjectively", because it's my opinion that those games are poor.

If either of them came out with GOTY editions I wouldn't complain, because they did indeed receive GOTY awards... just like Borderlands 2!

Top Bottom