• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week japanese magazines news

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
credit to duckroll, will keep updating as duckroll keeps sending me stuff.

Reviews:

Forever Blue got 10/8/9/8
MinnaGolf5 got 9/9/9/9

News

- Arc System Works is making some DS adventure game
- Dungeon Explorer PSP
- Dungeon Maker DS
- Cyber Formula 4 PS2
- ACE3 new units: Black Getta and Freedom/Justice in Meteors

Scans

Tales Wii

AniHawk

Okay. Count me just slightly surprised at the response to Forever Blue.

1. What the hell is it
2. Why did they like it
3. How much did each get for the review

Error said:

Reviews:

News

- Arc System Works is making some DS adventure game

#1- Pretty cool, I wonder if the first two Everblue games scored that well.

#2- Whoa. Hopefully it's not Guilty Gear related. Would be interesting to see what else Arc is capable of.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
That's amazingly high for Forever Blue. I'm not sure what Famitsu gave Everblue 2, but I don't think ANY American reviewer gave it much higher than 7.5 or so. It was a great idea with a somewhat flawed execution... so to hear that Forever Blue is a very well realized version of the Everblue concept is awesome.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Just watching the 'gameplay' vids for Forever Blue makes it a must have for me. So great that it's still coming out this year.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I wonder if the Arc System Works game is another Guilty Gear spin-off?

With Guilty Gear 2: Overture they seem to be making some roads into expanding the series' story.

ethelred

AniHawk said:
Okay. Count me just slightly surprised at the response to Forever Blue.

1. What the hell is it
2. Why did they like it
3. How much did each get for the review

Reviewer 1: I keep playing and I haven't been killed. I think I actually cannot be killed at all. This game is now my favorite.
Reviewer 2: this game is really blue; I find that I like the blue. Don't you like blue too?
Reviewer 3: I don't know what game this is, but look at the zeroes on this check!
Reviewer 4: Forever Blue is kinda boring shit, but Iwata-san will get mad at me if I give it a 6.

Bildi

Forever Blue got a great score?

ShiftyEyes.gif

Yay Forever Blue! This thread will have the usual haters, but no one can get me down from this high, no one! Well maybe Anihawk, but no one else!

AniHawk

ethelred said:
Reviewer 1: I keep playing and I haven't been killed. I think I actually cannot be killed at all. This game is now my favorite.
Reviewer 2: this game is really blue; I find that I like the blue. Don't you like blue too?
Reviewer 3: I don't know what game this is, but look at the zeroes on this check!
Reviewer 4: Forever Blue is kinda boring shit, but Iwata-san will get mad at me if I give it a 6.
:lol :lol

ethelred

I'm reading things over and it appears that the Arc System Works' DS adventure game is Hoshigami Adventure: Ruining Forever Blue.

Get excited!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
ethelred said:
:lol

"Forever Blue has shorts. I like shorts. They are short and fun to wear."

Kinda slow this week I guess.

Tales Wii looks awful.

edit: omg hoshigami adventure ds

party at ethelred's house

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Error said:

Reviews:

!!! but it's Famitsu so...

rakka

Boxart gave it high scores :p

Akai said:
Eek, the scan is enlarged three times the size of the piece of paper it was scanned off of!

Doesn't change the fact that it uses spot shadows and looks like a DC game

Sharp

Akai said:
Eek, the scan is enlarged three times the size of the piece of paper it was scanned off of!
I can't believe this is even being considered as an excuse. Tales of Innocence is a ****ing DS game and it still looks at worst on par with this. It's a good thing the Wii game is out in '08 'cause the amount of polish this needs is ridiculous.

carlos

I take it from the top right screenshot of the tales wii scan that the game has no overworld map? it seems you just point to wherever you want to go....
It would suck if I'm right......somebody, ease my fears!

Sharp

ivysaur12 said:
Forever Blue's score perplexes me. It didn't seem like the kind of game to give 10s and 9s to.
You clearly don't understand Famitsu's formula for reviewing games. It's mostly an actuarial thing but if a reviewer is really hardcore sometimes he or she will actually play one.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
ivysaur12 said:
Forever Blue's score perplexes me. It didn't seem like the kind of game to give 10s and 9s to.
*points to Nintendogs*

Famitsu loves this virtual simulation stuff.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
carlos said:
I take it from the top right screenshot of the tales wii scan that the game has no overworld map? it seems you just point to wherever you want to go....
It would suck if I'm right......somebody, ease my fears!
your fears shall not be eased

Top Bottom