• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X360 Price drop...confirmed.

MechDX

rollbackyo2.jpg

Its a Wal Mart ad as you can see the "Rollback" above the price.

I seriously hope to God that this hasnt been posted already but the damn search function isnt working.

TJ Spyke

It could just be a store sale (although I doubt they would drop $50 when stores barely make a profit on systems).

Hope this is real (and that the Elite gets a price drop too since that is the one I want).

soco

Wollan said:
I guess this is across the line (all three SKUs)?

from what the rumours on some of the other sites i'd read said, no one knows, but it's probably a safe assumption.

Meier

Explain to me how you can 'clearly' see rollback above the price? :lol Great news for gamers though -- amazing system with an amazing lineup getting even better very soon.

Meier said:
Explain to me how you can 'clearly' see rollback above the price? :lol Great news for gamers though -- amazing system with an amazing lineup getting even better very soon.

Well, you can see the little orange 'rollback' thing over the 360 price, you just can't make out what it says. If you've seen a Walmart ad before you know what it is.

Speevy

Banned
Stupid, stupid move.

Halo 3 is going to send 360s flying off the shelves regardless.

All they did here is weakened the impact for the inevitable drop to $299.

$50 price drops don't work when they bring the machine to the midpoint between two hundred dollar amounts.

Crisis

Banned
Things got interesting again finally, if true.

Speevy said:
Stupid, stupid move.

$50 price drops don't work when they bring the machine to the midpoint between two hundred dollar amounts.

I'm inclined to agree with that. It seems like they should have dropped the price a while ago or waited until after the holiday seasons. Now seems like a bad timing to do something like that.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I really don't see how a drop is ever a stupid move, though $50 is kinda lame. You can't buy a game with your savings. But it's a start. MS seems pretty determined to make some money here. They kind of remind me of one of the cashiers at work that flirts with people.

Speevy said:
Stupid, stupid move.

Well I bet Microsoft will have another price drop right when GTA4 comes out.

MechDX

I work at Wal Mart but I am currently on vacation so I can not verify. I am going to drop by the store tomorrow though.

LJ11

Speevy said:
Stupid, stupid move.

If you think about it, $350 isn't that bad. Last gen the entry point was $299 + ~$30 (memory card) to play GTA3. Sony managed to sell plenty of units at 330, so MS should be able to do the same. $100 would be great, but this isn't that bad if you put into perspective.

Edit: Was the price of a PS2 MC $35 in '01? Can't recall.

Speevy said:
Stupid, stupid move.

Everyone said the same thing about the PSP price cut but Thirty dollars seems to have worked for them so I wouldn't write MS off that quickly

Jammy

Banned
I kind of wish it were a $100 drop. I'd be on a Core 360 without hesitation then. But I can't expect every price cut to be as drastic and needed as the ones Sony's pulling with PS3.

Speevy

Banned
Not to mention that this actually lessens the gap between PS3 and 360.

It was $600-400

Now it's $500-350

Retarded.

Speevy said:
Not to mention that this actually lessens the gap between PS3 and 360.

It was $600-400

Now it's $500-350

Retarded.

No it's a smart move. They want profitability, so $100 right now is a bit extreme. I bet $50 will have a HUGE effect on sales at least temporarily, and we'll see the other half of the Benjamin get taken off by the holidays.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
$150 difference between PS3 and X360 as Halo 3 hits with GTA sitting around the corner?

What now Sony?

Top Bottom