• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

how can microsoft win the war when its irrelevant in japan and most of europe?

Falafelkid said:
And I don´t care what you think. I have always cited my sources so every reader can decide for themselves.

Then why are you responding to my posts?

And yes, you've cited your sources. Therefore, I decide for myself that you are unreliable because you use unreliable sources.

Thoren

Banned
Falafelkid said:
Isn´t it? I mean citing my sources already distinguishes my blog from the majority of others, I am afraid to say.

I've never heard of your blog in my whole life but you seem very unprofessional right now.

also whats with ´ instead of '

also stop double posting.

Thoren said:
I've never heard of your blog in my whole life but you seem very unprofessional right now.

also whats with ´ instead of '

also stop double posting.
Seriously, why am I acting unprofessionally? I am just calmly trying to explain who I am and what I do. That´s all.

Falafelkid said:
Seriously, why am I acting unprofessionally? I am just calmly trying to explain who I am and what I do. That´s all.

Citing ******** is a bannable offense on this board. Don't do it, no amount of arguing will protect you from the ban stick.

Odysseus

Banned
Falafelkid said:

there's the problem

nobody cares about (a) who you are or (b) what you do

thefro

I find it funny that Falafelkid can be so on-target on some things (and plugged-in) and so off-target on others.

Nextgenwars is a total joke, and the other site is just a guy guessing at what the numbers are right now in Europe and America. Better than nextgenwars for sure, but not confirmed numbers at all.

Look, I don´t mean to brag. But allow me to introduce my track record, okay? I revealed that Wii would be significantly underpowered compared to the competition. I revealed that ´Zelda: Twilight Princess´ would use Wiimote functionality, rather than being merely a Gamecube game playable on Wii. In fact, Shigeru Miyamoto told me exclusively and in person.

I was also first to interview Pablo Belmonte, creator of the ´Nintendo On´ video. And I brought you the first developer comments regarding the Wii - by Peter Molyneux and Yuji Naka, no less.

And, of course, I ousted numerous fakers (like Seriousgamer007 and Kenton Bailey) and I played ´Red Steel´ before almost every other game journalist. I even told you the name before it went public by linking to this image.

I told you more than two months in advance that Rockstar´s ´Table Tennis´ was coming to Wii. And I recently revealed that the Wii´s friend codes will be game-specific.

My blog was linked to by many major media outlets - from the Newsweek blog to print magazines.

That´s just a small selection of the exclusive news I have been able to post over the last two years. I can honestly say without any arrogance: That was not a bad inning so far. Again, I don´t mean to brag, but I think it´s unfair to call me a bullshit artist. Take it or leave it.

pn18

Banned
wait...
a punch of morons who actually did nothing in the game industry but posting here are complaining about a longtime game-journalist who might have picked some numbers from a banned source?
ridiculous.jpg

Thoren

Banned
Falafelkid said:
Look, I don´t mean to brag. But allow me to introduce my track record, okay? I revealed that Wii would be significantly underpowered compared to the competition. I revealed that ´Zelda: Twilight Princess´ would use Wiimote functionality, rather than being merely a Gamecube game playable on Wii. In fact, Shigeru Miyamoto told me exclusively and in person.

I was also first to interview Pablo Belmonte, creator of the ´Nintendo On´ video. And I brought you the first developer comments regarding the Wii - by Peter Molyneux and Yuji Naka, no less.

And, of course, I ousted numerous fakers (like Seriousgamer007 and Kenton Bailey) and I played ´Red Steel´ before almost every other game journalist. I even told you the name before it went public by linking to this image.

I told you more than two months in advance that Rockstar´s ´Table Tennis´ was coming to Wii. And I recently revealed that the Wii´s friend codes will be game-specific.

My blog was linked to by many major media outlets - from the Newsweek blog to print magazines.

That´s just a small selection of the exclusive news I have been able to post over the last two years. I can honestly say without any arrogance: That was not a bad inning so far. Again, I don´t mean to brag, but I think it´s unfair to call me a bullshit artist. Take it or leave it.

Also your avatar is too big

pn18 said:
wait...
a punch of morons who actually did nothing in the game industry but posting here are complaining about a longtime game-journalist who might have picked some numbers from a banned source?
ridiculous.jpg
Thanks, PN18. Actually, you have broken a few stories back in the day yourself, you know? :lol

ziran

titiklabingapat said:
Simple answer: They won't "win".
Exactly.

Without Japan, 360 would need a monumental lead around the rest of the world, which isn't going to happen.

360 never had a chance of becoming market leader, ever, imo. Xbox sold 1/5 of the PS2, MS followed the same strategy, therefore 360 was doomed to a similar position from its inception.

Eh.

They've already won the war in that a person can realistically own just a 360 and get a broad spectrum of AAA games to choose from.

With the Xbox, you were missing out on a lot of stuff, namely RPGs and the vast majority of stuff from Japanese developers like Capcom and Namco.

With the 360, the only major Japanese 3rd party games that aren't there are Metal Gear Solid 4 and Final Fantasy 13. Maybe Tekken 6. That's a far cry from last gen.

Amir0x

Banned
Falafelkid said:
Haha, nice one. :D

Anyway, I am sorry if I cited sources that are not allowed here. Didn´t know... will read the rules again.

well read the rules, and make your avatar the appropriate size.

*taps foot*

ksamedi

Falafelkid said:

Nice to have you here, any news on Kid Icarus?

ksamedi said:
Nice to have you here, any news on Kid Icarus?
No, sorry. To be honest, my contacts in the industry only give me exclusive off-the-record info once in a while. But my latest prediction will come true at the GC in Leipzig the week after next, which will increase my humble TRACK record. :lol

Clinton514

I'm surprised MS hasn't taken the heavy push to Europe. I'm not in the continent but it seems that they're being overlooked there.

Without Europe, no victory. :lol

Thoren

Banned
Segata Sanshiro said:
Wow, games journalists sure are important. I never realized it before.

Actually I think he's a blogger..

Clinton514 said:
I'm surprised MS hasn't taken the heavy push to Europe. I'm not in the continent but it seems that they're being overlooked there.

Without Europe, no victory. :lol

They're not beaten yet. They still have supporters in the Ukraine.

ziran

Green Shinobi said:
Eh.

They've already won the war in that a person can realistically own just a 360 and get a broad spectrum of AAA games to choose from.

With the Xbox, you were missing out on a lot of stuff, namely RPGs and the vast majority of stuff from Japanese developers like Capcom and Namco.

With the 360, the only major Japanese 3rd party games that aren't there are Metal Gear Solid 4 and Final Fantasy 13. Maybe Tekken 6. That's a far cry from last gen.
The original post is referring to sales, it certainly looks that way, but of course, your first paragraph stands from a personal point of view. The 360 has many great games for fans of the system, though I don't think they're as broad ranging as they need to be for a market dominant system.

From a strategy perspective, 360 is virtually identical to Xbox imo. They're pushing a hardcore western experience as the main reason for owning the system. The only area it's made any kind of headway, in a small way, is added support from some Japanese developers. Western orientated games came from Japan on Xbox, so I see very little difference with 360, only a few titles, including non-major RPGs, have been added to the mix.

For anything close to changing their strategy in Japan, they would've needed an exclusive main FF and DQ game, a host of other top tier exclusives, and realised the market there was changing in the way Nintendo has. This hasn't happened.

All these factors are contributing to 360's fate. It's failing to sell, and selling reasonable numbers, in the same regions as Xbox. If MS had realised any of their actual mistakes, rather than trying to do Xbox again but better, they would've been in a far better position.

As it stands, I think 360 could make 2nd position ww, being in last position in Japan and probably Europe, but 2nd in NA, if they have a strong line-up of games in 2008.

Amir0x

Banned
Falafelkid said:
Is it? I make it 77 x 112 x 3,52 KB... Removed it nonetheless, will work it out.

yes the forum automatically resizes your avatar to 90 pixels wide, so it becomes too big as a result.

There's a thread in the FAQ forum to tell you how to fix your avatar to make it the appropriate size.

Thoren said:
They're not beaten yet. They still have supporters in the Ukraine.
Bah. There's nothing in the Ukraine but wheat fields.

ziran said:
The original post is referring to sales, it certainly looks that way, but of course, your first paragraph stands from a personal point of view. The 360 has many great games for fans of the system, though I don't think they're as broad ranging as they need to be for a market dominant system.

On the original Xbox, there were no major jRPGs. The 360 will have 3 by December. You also had to wait over a year to get GTA on the Xbox, whereas GTA is day and date with the PS3 version this time around. Same with Devil May Cry. 360 is also getting Virtua Fighter, Ace Combat, Katamari and a bunch of other stuff. Probably Tekken and MGS too, but we'll see.

Last gen, the Sony system had more top-notch exclusives than the other two systems combined. This gen, the Sony system might just be able to break even with the Microsoft system in terms of top-notch exclusives, and certainly won't do so until 2008.

It's a world of difference.

Edit: Not to mention a fucking Resident Evil game, and Silent Hill day and date.

they need exclusive AAA games that are familar to the mass market.. Halo is the only one.. they need more.. that arent shooters... they need AAA in every Genre

sony and nintendo have exclusive games that can move megaton hardware and sofware outside the USA... MS? not so much

Amir0x said:
yes the forum automatically resizes your avatar to 90 pixels wide, so it becomes too big as a result.

There's a thread in the FAQ forum to tell you how to fix your avatar to make it the appropriate size.
Sorry, about the mess then. I will find someone to fix it for me.

58Laurence5.jpg

ziran

Green Shinobi said:
On the original Xbox, there were no major jRPGs. The 360 will have 3 by December. You also had to wait over a year to get GTA on the Xbox, whereas GTA is day and date with the PS3 version this time around. Same with Devil May Cry. 360 is also getting Virtua Fighter, Ace Combat, Katamari and a bunch of other stuff. Probably Tekken and MGS too, but we'll see.

Last gen, the Sony system had more top-notch exclusives than the other two systems combined. This gen, the Sony system might just be able to break even with the Microsoft system in terms of top-notch exclusives, and certainly won't do so until 2008.

It's a world of difference.

Edit: Not to mention a fucking Resident Evil game, and Silent Hill day and date.
I disagree.

From a sales perspective, i.e. the point of this thread, if you think things have changed so much why is 360 so similar to Xbox in terms of regional sales? 360 is struggling, and selling reasonable numbers, in the same regions as Xbox.

EDIT - As I said, subjectively 360 is loved by many hardcore gamers, but this doesn't translate to installed base potential, and never has.

Just popped in to mention Fafelllikiddo or whatever his name has hit the ignorelist.

Also the 360 is getting plenty of games I like, that's win enough for me. If third parties decide to stop releasing games on the system for some reason I'll gladly go onto messageboards and bitch about it, but until then...

Falafelkid said:
Meaning... what, please? Do I still exist?

You exist...but only in your own mind.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Just popped in to mention Fafelllikiddo or whatever his name has hit the ignorelist.

Also the 360 is getting plenty of games I like, that's win enough for me.
Meaning... what, please? Do I still exist?

pn18

Banned
Falafelkid said:
Meaning... what, please?
it means that he has to click explicitly on a button or something to view your post. which is -in this case- hilarious because he read them anyway (as you can see in his reply).:lol

pn18 said:
it means that he has to click explicitly on a button or something to view your post. which is -in this case- hilarious because he read them anyway (as you can see in his reply).:lol

I have a serious lack of willpower. =/ (Also I can't really ignore direct responses to my posts)
A better man would have avoided this shitfest of a thread in the first place.

pn18 said:
Oh, okay. I thought it was some kind of official NeoGAF list that prevented me from ever posting again. Here´s me being quite the noob... :lol :lol :lol

PepsimanVsJoe said:
I have a serious lack of willpower. =/ (Also I can't really ignore direct responses to my posts)
A better man would have avoided this shitfest of a thread in the first place.
So what about a peace offer? I mean you no harm. Let´s all have some tea, shall we?
02.jpg

swanlee

Banned
Problem is the last few months the 360 has outsold the PS3 if you only compare 360 US sales VS PS3 worldwide sales.

How is the PS3 ever going to catch up to the 360 when it is 7 million consoles behind worldwide and 360 US sales out pace PS3 worldwide sales?

segarr

It seems that Wii is going to walk away with the most sales this gen, but I'll at least wait until after this Christmas, and maybe a few months after that, to really cast a vote for who I believe the true victor will be.

devilscallmedad said:
The 360 won't win because its dead in Japan.
The PS3 won't win because its way behind in USA.
The Wii won't win because....oh never mind.

For a minute there I thought you was in preschool

Where does the idea that PS3 is dominating 360 in Europe come from? Up until July 360 was outselling PS3 on a month to month basis. I believe in July PS3 outsold the 360 because of the price cut (and bundling), but I think the rumors of the 360 getting a similar price cut in Europe as it got in the US soon are probably true, and I expect the 360 to go back to outselling PS3 on a month to month basis (especially with halo 3 around the corner).

And the 360 does have a 2 million+ unit lead on PS3 over there currently.

So what is this talk about 360 being inconsequential in Europe? That isn't close to the truth.

Sales-wise, who cares unless you're a shareholder? Wii WILL NOT win in NA, end of story, so let's stop repeating that. Japan is another story.

I think they already won as they have the best console out with the best selection of games out at this point, while I'm still waiting for Mario Galaxy to get a Wii and for MGS4 or R&C to get a PS3.

segarr said:
It seems that Wii is going to walk away with the most sales this gen, but I'll at least wait until after this Christmas, and maybe a few months after that, to really cast a vote for who I believe the true victor will be.
Well, no matter what sales figures you trust, it´s for certain that the Wii will overtake the Xbox360 within the next few months. And if you take into account that the "big 3" are still coming out, the Wii´s sales figures will be propelled further. So I will go out on a limb here and say that Wii will win this generation.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
devilscallmedad said:
The 360 won't win because its dead in Japan.
The PS3 won't win because its way behind in USA.
The Wii won't win because...

... its gimmicks will get stale before gen's end? Because people will realize that graphics are not the only thing to benefit from more power? Because the price gap will get smaller over time?

Top Bottom