• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | August 2013 | Divekicks & Dragons

Noi

dENzFK7.png

Latest Vita Firmware: [URL="http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/psvita/index.htm"]2.60[/URL]

On December 17, 2011, a handheld was launched that took the hearts of many by storm. Despite it's ups and downs, the PlayStation Vita remains a handheld with a solid library, and this thread's purpose is to discuss the software released on a monthly basis.

oVwsaam.png

NA
6 - Dragon's Crown
Mystic Chronicles (PSP, Vita Compatibility added)
Little Acorns (PS Mobile)
20 - Divekick (Cross-buy with PS3)
The Walking Dead: Season 1 + 400 Days / TWD Hardware Bundle
27 - Sweet Fuse: At Your Side (PSP)
Real Boxing

Free on PS+:
Machinarium
Darkstalkers: The Chaos Tower (PSP)

EU
6 - Little Acorns (PS Mobile)
7 - BreakQuest: Extra Evolution
Floating Cloud God Saves the Pilgrims in HD
21 - Divekick
28 - Sweet Fuse: At Your Side (PSP)
30 - Rayman Legends

Free on PS+:
Lego Lord of the Rings
When Vikings Attack!

August Releases with no Dates:
Spelunky

wTSAN7q.png

Dragon's Crown

It's finally here! Drawing great inspiration from 2D Beat 'em ups of the past, Dragon's Crown is a modern take on an old genre featuring six playable characters, each with their own strengths and playstyles, 4 player co-op and tons of loot to collect! All backed by Vanillaware's infamous artsyle, who some consider to be works of fine art. Just don't tell Kotaku that you're having too much fun playing the game.

Dws5foT.png

YdAoZmE.png

Divekick

It's also finally here! Divekick takes on the traditional fighting game genre with this radical shift, changing the way you play fighting games entirely. Two buttons, Dive and Kick! Every character has one thousand health, while each attack does One Million Damage! Outplay your opponent by Dive-ing into the air, then crashing down with a Kick! Make way poseurs, the One True Game has arrived.

GzAMDEh.png

sobxAy2.png

Sweet Fuse: At Your Side

The latest Visual Novel aimed for the ladies localized by Aksys Games, featuring legendary game creator Keiji Inafune and artwork by the artist from the Ace Attorney series. The men of Sweet Fuse are sure to light the fuse... in your heart.

KByaprQ.png

import-corner-bigpjbaj.png

JPN
1 - Mind=0
8 - Grisaia no Kajitsu -Le Fruit de Grisaia-
22 - Conception II Shichisei no Michibiki to Mazuru no Akumu
Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Masou Kishin III Pride of Justice
29 - Ragnarok Odyssey ACE
Hotchkiss

dV8V5p7.png

Mind=0

Move over Persona, there's a new apathetic male lead in town. This one is sure to break every sales record.

11HUDSE.png

LcyQ0m6.png

Conception II Shichisei no Michibiki to Mazuru no Akumu

Remember that PSP RPG where you had to make babies and had them join your party that looked totally weird but was actually a lot of fun? It got a sequel! More Waifus, More Babies.

B6Tcp8F.png

p6kueBb.png

Ragnarok Odyssey Ace

Ragnarok Odyssey, but even more Odyssey-er! New creatures, new boss fights, new locations, new everything!

LSWiyxM.png

gameofthemonth-miamiuibeh.png

VYP3oRg.png
hotlinemiami4sknk.png

I don't think this game needs more recognition than it already does, but alas! Voted as the 10th Best game and 2nd best Soundtrack of 2012, Hotline Miami is as fun to play on the Vita as it was on the PC. Here's what EatChildren had to say about the game last year:

EatChildren said:
A psychedelic ultra violent trip, fashionably drenched from head to toe in blood and style, Hotline Miami is the quintessential example of the many components and qualities of video game design coming together in perfect unison. Its confident, self aware identity panders to no focus group, market, or specific taste. Every element, whether it be the retro electronic soundtrack, neon pixel graphics, visceral twitch gameplay, or schizophrenic narrative, brilliantly toes the line between self serving aggression, and co-operation with its companions. It's like the best cocktails; acidic, volatile liquors and spices entwined to manifest a flavour you can't quite describe yet won?t ever forget. You're never sure which part of Hotline Miami you like the most. As the sweat beads down your forehead you're not even sure if you're really 'enjoying' yourself. Is this experience fun? Is this entertainment? The answer is irrelevant. What matters is you cannot put the controller down, and all those blockbusters you've played this year, gluttonously padded with their mulit-million dollar budgets, lay twitching in a pool of crimson at your feet.

Want to find out more about Hotline Miami? Head on over to the Hotline Miami PS3/Vita OT, where they'll teach you how to kill some people.​

XM0PIEf.png

Play it while it's hot! Trying to round people up for blistering session of Hot Shots Golf? Need a hand with getting a certain pesky trophy in Sonic All-Stars Racing? Just plain ol' want to yell at people to buy a specific game? This is where you can make your voice heard! Just make sure to actually tell me about it!​

BYMf4to.png

How do I backup/transfer my games and saves to and from my PC/PS3?
For PC:
Follow this guide.
For PS3:
Follow this other guide.

How do I switch accounts on my Vita?
Short Version -
First of all, note that:
1. A system can only be linked to one account at a time
2. A memory card can only be linked to one account at a time

To switch accounts, you must:
1. Restore the PS Vita System (Settings > Format > Restore)
2. Format the memory card (if you only have one) or swap in another memory card (if you have multiple)

Long Version here.

(Thanks to Kazerei and The Grim Heaper!)

What does system update X.0X do?
"Improve system stability", usually, unless noted otherwise.

What is PlayStation Plus? Why should I, as a Vita owner, care about it?
PS Plus is a subscription service that not only gives you access to extra perks to use for your PS Vita, but also grants you an Instant Game Collection of 6 games available to try out for free. These perks include:
-1 GB Cloud Storage for all your PS Vita Game saves (PS1/PSP saves are not allowed).
-Automatic Save uploads to the Cloud, Game Updates and Trophy syncs.
-The same features available for your PlayStation 3 console, only with even more games.

30Rsemz.png

Thanks to Monosukoi for contributing the banners and to Dark Schala for assorted help every month!

This month looks quite barren. Hoping that PS+ line-up/sales will be better this month.

Dragon's Crown looks fantastic. DiveKick seems like a really interesting concept, hopefully they can release a demo because i need to check it out before i buy it.

Not a fan of Visual Novels so will be skipping out on Sweet Fuse.

Aytrial

I was expecting Hotline Miami or Guacamelee for GotM after you said that a majority of people had it on their list, but not as their first pick.

Mmm delicious, a nice hot loaf of thread, right out da oven. Nicely done, Noi.

I am debating Dragons Crown. Not 100% I'll be ready for it right away, when sales could happen so fast somewhere...

I am definitely day one-ing DiveKick though, really stoked to play it. Vita ver or bust. Pssh who am I kidding, I'll double dip no doubt.

AmanoBuff

Takes a deep breath...

Mmmm, nice "new thread" smell.

Lone Survivor and Luftrausers are Sept titles

You lie! Please don't be true. I barely made it to August without Lone Survivor and now I have to wait another month?! Well, thankfully this little game called Dragon's Crown will keep me busy.

To be fair, Spelunky was also "TBA" last month as well. There's no date out for it except "Summer", which includes August.
I still don't understand why are they even delaying it when they are launching it on PC recently. It's not like they have any port issues since it will be simple to port it to VITA. It is not exactly a demanding title per se.

Is anyone in the kz beta getting a game error saying the matchmaking service has failed? Im having troubles continuing playing.

Aytrial

Hotline Miami Vita worth it? Or PC version?

Haven't played it on PC, but it's very much a title suited for the Vita. The bite sized missions are perfect for those quick gaming sessions. Controls are fantastic on the Vita (bar lock-on which I feel is awkward).

Noi

Haven't played it on PC, but it's very much a title suited for the Vita. The bite sized missions are perfect for those quick gaming sessions. Controls are fantastic on the Vita (bar lock-on which I feel is awkward).

Haha, it was the total opposite for me. The game wasn't clicking until I started using (the square button) lock-on for aiming, which instantly made the game flow better in my case. I couldn't aim for shit using the right stick.

Aytrial

Haha, it was the total opposite for me. The game wasn't clicking until I started using (the square button) lock-on for aiming, which instantly made the game flow better in my case. I couldn't aim for shit using the right stick.

I only really took advantage of lock-on for really long ranged throws then would run up and beat the crap out of whoever I hit. Otherwise, the right-stick was perfect for me.

Noi

Bah, let this be a lesson to other greedy people playing New Little King's Story. You lock yourself out of getting all the 8 normal endings with the princesses (which have trophies associated to them) if you decide to go for the 9th Harem ending first. Serves me right.
KuGsj.gif

Aytrial

On the topic of Meruru Plus, does anyone know (based of the Japanese release) if it has a smoother performance that Totori Plus? The FPS drops were a slight annoyance. I'd take a locked 30 FPS over the jarring difference between the overworld and in-battle FPS.

On the topic of Meruru Plus, does anyone know (based of the Japanese release) if it has a smoother performance that Totori Plus? The FPS drops were a slight annoyance. I'd take a locked 30 FPS over the jarring difference between the overworld and in-battle FPS.

Oh come on it isnt that bad! Slight dip in FPS versus they crisp, smooth graphics, NEAR identical to its big brother? Ill take it any day!

Top Bottom