• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Playstation 4 to launch October 21st

Hoo-doo

Banned
ss-news-sony-gamescothk9f.jpeg

So, a mod-verified gaffer named Nealand Liquor just posted this interesting tidbit in the TALES FROM MY ASS thread.

Rumor: Our internal product release schedule from head office dropped yesterday and on Oct 21st an unnamed Sony console will be launched. Fyi all console revisions like the ps360 slims and Wii Mini were listed as ps360 & wii mini. Previously the wiiu, 3ds and vita were also only listed as Nintendo/Sony Console in the product name column.

Disclaimer: I just work at a very large retailer, managing the electronics sales force and nothing more. I have nothing to do with purchasing, nation wide merchandising or shipping. I am not trying to play this off as I have connections at Sony, or I am some sort of insider. It's that just yesterday we received a product release schedule from our head office and I thought this is OT itt. These schedules btw, are for internal use only, designed to allow us time to create our instore merch plans. If the launch date for a product is unknown, it's simply marked TBA. The only time a date is ever included is when we have received confirmation of said date from the product company.

So, what do you think? Possible?

Edit: Mod-verified means that this particular gaffer is indeed in the position to receive such knowledge, as has been checked by Bishoptl himself.
This means it's still a rumor, but it does have a verified source. Nothing more.

Mesoian

Sounds good to me. Would definitely undercut Microsoft with that date.

Makes me wonder how many online services would be ready on that date though.

Einbroch

Banned
Unnamed.

Probably a new Vita, I'd guess. Made cheaper, sold cheaper, included (small) memory stick. Maybe a month or two of PS+. Launches slightly before the PS4.

That's my guess, anyway.

dc89

October 21st... damn. A little too early for me, by a few days!!

Make it after the 25th please, that's when I get paid. :p

Chamber

love on your sleeve
A little over 2 months from now. This would be insane.

Don't think my wallet would be fully ready by then. Might not be able to go as hard at launch as I want to.

Hystzen

I wonder still got feeling Europe could get later launch but October 21st could still mean November for Euro which im fine with

Top Bottom