• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does anyone feel any civic duty "Buy American" to support MS/Xbox One?

Do you feel it's your civic duty to "BUY AMERICAN" to support Xbox One?

Results are only viewable after voting.
My American free market ideals guide me to purchase the best product on the market. So, of course, I'll be purchasing a Playstation 4.

Magwik

Banned
This thread:
kEToeoV.gif

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
remember guys one of the xbox's selling points was that it was an "american console" especially post 9/11

Eusis

I'll save this sort of mentality for more interchangeable goods, like tools or whatever, not a vehicle for distinct creative expression especially when said creative expression isn't suiting my tastes very well.

Plus the initial plans were honestly kind of anti-American from certain perspectives. No real plan for the military to play, screwing over people with poor internet or who can't get broadband at all, and just being obsessively controlling about what you can play. "Buy American" can be saved for those that want to treat consumers great and value ownership freedom.

EDIT: Not to mention most electronics are manufactured in China anyway. It's kind of a futile fight better left to other areas.

Nafai1123

Banned
What the fuck? Really?

I buy a console because of it's exclusives, price, features, hardware, functionality, controller, 3rd party support, etc.

I don't buy a console because 'Merica.

Busty

Banned
Finally an OP that tells it the way it is. Whenever I think back to all those square jawed, God fearing Americans working all day and night in the steel mill making Xbones it warms my heart. Drinking an ice cold Budweiser when the working day is done and thinking about how they did their part.

With hard earned sweat on their brows and a warm glow in their hearts they love their country and the Xbone. Because Jesus watches over them night and day..., and when Jesus is busy helping others the Kinect will take his place.

The Xbone might be more expensive than the PS4... but that's because it's made in the American heartland and unlike the PS4 is has hydraulic lifts fitted to it so when the Kinect sees the American flag it, just like you, raises up to salute it.

Or something.

RayMaker

Banned
not at all, All I care about is

• games
  • price
  • visuals
  • value
  • accessibility

whichever presents those factors the best wins.

nib95

Banned
Fuck no. Microsoft is probably more anti American than Sony lol. That whole DRM fiasco, their dealings with the NSA, sticking it to the military etc.

I support products that I deem are good value proposition or worthwhile over the competition, irrespective of the country they're from or are released by. Quality over miss placed allegiances or false support.

LQX

Why would you ask a question like this in regards to XB1 when Americans hardly do this with any other product? Man, it is like some are attempting everything anything to fan XB1 hate.

massoluk

Banned
Nah, fuck that. It was a Japanese company that saved this industry in US, and another Japanese company that turned it into a behemoth of an industry in US.

Iorv3th

I feel it would be unamerican to buy it. By getting the ps4 I am supporting capitalism and buying a better(opinion) and cheaper(fact) console.

Finally an OP that tells it the way it is. Whenever I think back to all those square jawed, God fearing Americans working all day and night in the steel mill making Xbones it warms my heart. Drinking an ice cold Budweiser when the working day is done and thinking about how they did their part.

With hard earned sweat on their brows and a warm glow in their hearts they love their country and the Xbone. Because Jesus watches over them night and day..., and when Jesus is busy helping others the Kinect will take his place.

The Xbone might be more expensive than the PS4... but that's because it's made in the American heartland and unlike the PS4 is has hydraulic lifts fitted to it so when the Kinect sees the American flag it, just like you, raises up to salute it.

Or something.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q65KZIqay4E

Boss Man

Maybe if Microsoft was some small business down the road struggling to sell higher quality products against some thing tacked together by child laborers who have no idea what they're making.

With big companies like this, they're all doing the same thing though.

Ce-Lin

07.gif

EagleEyes

Not really. I do however like to support and have pride in our american developers which imo are the best in the world. They are the real americans you should have civic pride for. Microsoft is like any other worldwide billion dollar company that is only out for your money and thats it. I don't distinguish Microsoft as any different than Sony or Nintendo.

Top Bottom