• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PSP MAME4ALL HiRes (Arcade Emulator for PSP)

Schrade

For those who have been wanting an update to the MAME emulator for the homebrew capabale PSPs, this is your lucky day.

A new version of the source was released recently and TTYMan has made a mod to it to allow full PSP resolution on it.

So for those wanting some arcade action on their PSP, here ya go!

Direct download: PSP_MAME4ALL_v4.7r2_Hires_by_TTYman_-_08092007.zip

TTYMan's blog post: PSP MAME4ALL v4.7r2 Hires
PSP MAME4ALL v4.7r2 Hires by TTYman, 08/09/2007
——————————————————-

Install directions:

- Copy in /PSP/GAME (firmware 1.5) or /PSP/GAME150 (firmware 1.5 compatibility for 3.xx OE release);
- Recreate zipped roms with included ClrMame compatible .DAT files (v0.34-v0.36 mixed roms);
- Add created zipped roms files in ROMs subfolder and samples in samples subfolder;

Specific Features:

- Based on latest GP2X MAME4All releases v4.7;
- 480×272 full PSP Hires Support, now games with >320 horiz. and >240 vert. pixels are fully playable (Loderun, Galaga etc.);
- Overclock support, from 133 to 333 MHz;
- Fixed, Fixed Divided by 2, Software Scaled and Software Full Screen Stretched resolutions (all maximum 480×272);
- Frameskip as GP2X version (fixed 0-5, auto 1-5);
- Vsync on/off;
- Save configuration support, default and per game;
- Autocentering fix for all resolutions;
- Optimized compiled code as derived from GP2X version, but for PSP cpu (fastest graphics core!);
- Stripped & Packed executable, only 2.1MB;
- Original graphics theme from Gold edition;
- Music in menu (filename music.psp in data folder), in these supported formats: .MOD .S3M, .IT, .XM and .OGG;
- Added, as bonus, 1st classified OldSkool at Assembly 2007 Music Competition (Commodore 64 based), in .OGG format;
- Graphic theme 480×272 BMP skins support, both pspmenu480.bmp and pspsplash480.bmp in folder skins;

Specific Controls:

- Button SELECT: Insert credits.
- Button START: Play.
- Button HOME: after Pause exit game and return to menu.
- Buttons L+R: Activate/deactivate screen fixed/fixed div2/scale/stretch.
- Buttons L+R pressed during one second: Pause.
- Buttons L+HOME simultaneously: Reset emulation.

Fixed from 4.7:

- 133 MHz in menu and while paused, for battery saving;
- VSync really works now;
- Corrected build configuration and Makefile, so sounds in various games are now back;
- Correct fixed, div2, sw scaled and sw stretched resolutions, with autocentering;

Known Problems:

- General audio core non arcade perfect, and slowdowns when enabled;
- No rotate support;

PSP MAME4ALL v4.7r2 Hires zipped archive (3.311.605 bytes)
PSP MAME4ALL v4.7r2 Hires zipped archive MD5 checksum file

Source code will follow.

TTYman
http://ttyman.free.fr/

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
awesome - the GP32X mame was awesome.

and... wow - the word "PSP" seems to be like the batsignal for Izzy these days!

KiNeSiS

Banned
Can I Play Wrestlefest Yet?

3207_1.png

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Outrun works.

Anyone know the limitations of this build? The readme is pretty general, System16 games seem playable, but what of Konami and Taito hardware?

KiNeSiS

Banned
I know the one i just got a week ago can't even play double dragons.....
* Sigh * I really want to be able to play The Simpsons & Alien Vs Predator.....

Schrade

Inside the archive is a gamelist.txt that lists all the games compatible with this version of MAME.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Tyrannical said:
I thought talking about roms was Verboten

The topics of emulation and piracy, including the technical nature of emulators and ROM images, hardware modification technology, as well as their effect on the industry as a political topic are deemed to be generally acceptable.

Linking to pirate download sites, directions on how to get pirated software to work, reviews or impressions of pirated software will all result in the banning of the user in question.

KiNeSiS

Banned
Schrade said:
Inside the archive is a gamelist.txt that lists all the games compatible with this version of MAME.

Thanks Bro!
Anyone Know Any Good Emulators For Capcom Cps-1, Cps-2, & Neo-Geo.....
Now Those Were Some Serious Arcade Games!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
KiNeSiS said:
Thanks Bro!
Anyone Know Any Good Emulators For Capcom Cps-1, Cps-2, & Neo-Geo.....
Now Those Were Some Serious Arcade Games!

On PSP? All three of those are available and basically perfect-- full support too. :D

DCharlie

Phoenix works - the sound is garbled, but hey - no emulator has got phoenix right yet ! geddit? Phoenix right... never mind....

DCharlie

Space Harrier boots but it`s 3 fps hell and obviously music all to cock, which ruins the foot tapping awesomeness of the game.

Switch off the music and it`s pretty much nailed perfect.

is the PSP just Jesus in a box or what?

DCharlie

* Sigh * I really want to be able to play The Simpsons & Alien Vs Predator.....

the CPS2 emu is PERFECT
Alien vs Predator is 100% perfect under that emulator.

cbodom

Barkley's Justice said:
people need to stop every other little bullshit emu project they may have going on psp, and focus on mame and a decent snes emu already

are you serious? yoyofr snes is already outstanding, an incredible amount of work went into it, and it wont get much better.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I'm not even installing this. Take out all the CPS and Neo-Geo games (which I don't need to run on this) and there's barely anything left worth playing. Plus it sounds like it still can't run anything well.

KiNeSiS

Banned
cbodom said:
are you serious? yoyofr snes is already outstanding, an incredible amount of work went into it, and it wont get much better.

What Snes 9x?
Some Snes Games Won't Even Boot.... (Such As Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium.)

Thanks Everyone Who Dropped Knowledge, PsP Is Christmas Day In A Neo-Geo Cartridged Sized Object.... It Is A Shard Of Heaven In Your Hands....

MoxManiac

Lyte Edge said:
I'm not even installing this. Take out all the CPS and Neo-Geo games (which I don't need to run on this) and there's barely anything left worth playing. Plus it sounds like it still can't run anything well.

Konami beatemups man! And Captain America and the Avengers!

AMERICA STILL NEEEEEDS YOUR HELP

DCharlie

Plus it sounds like it still can't run anything well.

runs pretty much everything fine with no sound - with sound is a mixed bag

and don`t makes me come up to Kanagawa with my list of non-CPS/Neo games !!!!
;)

McBacon said:
The topics of emulation and piracy, including the technical nature of emulators and ROM images, hardware modification technology, as well as their effect on the industry as a political topic are deemed to be generally acceptable.

Linking to pirate download sites, directions on how to get pirated software to work, reviews or impressions of pirated software will all result in the banning of the user in question.

Verboten was posting, and verboten is German for forbidden (Wolfenstein 3D = educational), so it was what I thought a clever joke :(

VicViper

In other news, there's a new version of DOSBox for PSP out. Works flawlessly and the game compatibility is amazing. Been playing some Dune 2 lately.

dune2psp.jpg

P.S.: There really should be a thread dedicated to PSP homebrew news.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
VicViper said:
In other news, there's a new version of DOSBox for PSP out. Works flawlessly and the game compatibility is amazing. Been playing some Dune 2 lately.

dune2psp.jpg

Need LINKS NOW!

I have a shit ton of underdog games here waiting to be played.

VicViper said:

seriously, I mean, there is one for DS and not PSP

VicViper said:

dune2psp.jpg

Holy crap. And I thought the PSP Apple II emulator was awesome...

...if I can get Star Control II to work on this, I will be very, very, very happy. :D

Flo

Do you have to type all those commands in dosbox whenever you want to play a game? Sounds like a chore on the PSP...

Can you confirm that Dune 2 works well with good sound? It uses the analog stick?

camineet

Banned
Izzy said:
Ghouls and Ghosts works like a charm - great news indeed. :D

that's sweet because, the version of Ghouls 'n Ghosts on Capcom Classics Collection and Capcom Classic's Collection Reloaded is directly ported from PS1's Capcom Generation vol 2 which was not an emulation or carbon-copy port of the CPS arcade, even though it was arcade-quality and a very close port. the worst thing about it was, the parallax backgrounds in the distance were extremely dim. the other thing was, you couldn't listen to the fantasic ending music in the sound test, it wasn't there!

camineet

Banned
spindoc said:
Outrun works.

Anyone know the limitations of this build? The readme is pretty general, System16 games seem playable, but what of Konami and Taito hardware?

how does Golden Axe play ?

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
camineet said:
how does Golden Axe play ?

Did I hear a shoutout for Golden Axe? Awww yeah.

So um, there's an Apple II emu? Jesusssss links people, links.

Dosbox and apple II.

And no, my computer is too slow to run google.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Very few games have worked. Even fewer @ full speed.

cbodom said:

no, man. that emulator is not outstanding. it's mediocre.

look at how backwards the development has been. this is from the readme file:

snes9xTYL is based on :

Little John for PalmOS - SNES module
--> http://yoyofr92.free.fr

which is based on Snes9x 1.39
--> http://www.snes9x.com

as i said, someone needs to write an emu from the ground-up for psp, instead of reverse engineering two other platforms and porting to a 3rd.

Flo

If these dumb and shanty PSP emulation 'news' sites would stop hosting shit themselves, it would actually be feasible to use google to find these things yourself... the same way how cheat database sites ruined googling for obscure videogames.

Top Bottom