• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buying a PS4 game on smartphone activates console, downloads game and shuts it down.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Wait, is there going to be a PSN app for android or something? Or is he talking about using the web browser?

Metzhara

Makes you wonder... who's REALLY in control of your console now. I'm curious which one turns into HAL first. -Adam

Dante316

There will be a playstation app for ios and android for anyone interested. It will not require ps plus to my knowledge.

qko

Sounds like what Nintendo is planning to do with the Summer update.

Not trying to start a fanboy war, I like that consoles are moving in this direction. I find myself a lot at work when the weekly releases pop up. I would love to buy a game on my phone and get to play it when I get home.

Now just update the store in the mornings or early afternoon so I can come home from work and have my games fully downloaded...

Or better yet, implement game-loading prior to release date like they do in the EU

Wurdfurd

What a great feature. Start a download in the morning on my phone and have it ready as soon as I get home in the evening.

I literally, lit.er.al.ly, had this thought as I was searching through the PSN store on my phone during class.

Thank you, blessed Sony.

That's what I've wanted. Very similar to what I did with Hotline Miami on Steam via a desktop web browser. That was my first time attempting it and it worked.

Pretty much imagined both consoles would have this since they never really "turn off" and are in a low powered state and connected. Would work on any digital good i assume?

Awesome, I do a lot of buying/browsing of the stores while at lunch at work so to be able to start the download and have it ready to play once I get home that night would be delicious.

Dingotech

I can almost do it now on PS3, where via the SEN store on my phone I can purchase an item and then queue it up on my downloads list for my PS3.

However it will only download the item once my PS3 turns on, either at night during it's PS+ update time or I believe right away if my PS3 is turned on at the time.

It's a good feature to have the ability to download right away even if the console is off.

Top Bottom