• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA: The Vita version of Rayman Legends is missing content from the other versions

Update: The Invasion levels are getting patched in at a later date:

Thanks so much for you passion about this game. I'm currently playing the Vita version and loving it. That said, I know some of you have questions about the Vita version, so here's what's going on: Due to a longer development time than expected, we couldn’t initially include the Invasion Mode – essentially, a second take on existing Rayman Legends maps -- in the Vita version of the game. However, we can confirm that the Invasion Mode will be added via a free patch, at a later date. With more than 100 levels, online Coop and challenges, Kung-Foot mini-game, 5 exclusive touch challenges developed specifically for the VITA and 2 exclusive costumes, Rayman Legends already includes a lot for customers to love, and features the same outstanding graphics and gameplay design as the home console versions.

Old post:

So it's come to our attention in the Rayman Legends and Vita threads that Rayman Legends is missing content from the other versions. Specifically all of the 28 "Invasion levels" are missing from the Vita version. These levels are speed run style levels that combine the level layout and enemy layouts of two other levels and challenge you to do them as quickly as possible. They're probably the most challenging content in the game, so it's a real shame that they aren't in there.

Here's two pictures courtesy of VanWinkle showing the smaller Lum total in the Vita version:

ibods8yeoww5Sx.JPG

ibmmLbUBw8E1Ap.JPG

And here's a comment from a reviewer in the comment section under his review stating the content isn't in the Vita version:

Oh man I just noticed that it is missing. There are Murfy challenges specific to the Vita/WiiU that are NOT on the PS3 version (though). But dang the invasion levels missing is a big thing. I'm reading through the review packets they gave us and it is pretty vague whether or not it is included. The Vita version is being delayed in Europe, I wonder if a patch is coming? I'll keep looking into this
Real shame. Ubisoft haven't said anything about this content being missing before release, and I wanted to make sure people knew what they were buying before it's released in NA this Tuesday.

cluderi

Damn shame, I was going to get it on Vita as Origins is coming up on PS+ but I'll pick another platform.

For shaaaaaaame Ubisoft, for shame...

Drago

What the fuck. :/

So much for what I thought was going to be the best version. Guess I'll play on WiiU when I do get around to getting this game.

Hope Ubisoft addresses this...

Just cancelled my PSN pre-order. Will get the WiiU version after price collapse (4 weeks).

So you'd pay full price for the PSN version but not for the Wii U version? Or do you think that the price will fall faster and harder on the Wii U version than PS3 version... cause, comparatively, this hasn't for other titles yet.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Well, this is quite disappointing.
Shame too, considering the great job they did with the Vita version of Origins.

kadotsu

Banned
So you'd pay full price for the PSN version but on for the Wii U version? Or do you think that the price will fall faster and harder on the Wii U version than PS3 version... cause, comparatively, they haven't for other titles yet.

I pay full price for the version I want: Content complete and portable. I pay less for a version that doesn't satisfy those conditions.

Tourmeta

Really looking forward to this for my Vita but that sounds like a real bummer. With Jak and Daxter, Q-Force, Fifa etc I should be used to mediocre versions though.

Wozman23

Interesting... I thought it was supposed to be the ultimate version.

I planned on picking up 2 copies at some point. I'm starting on PS3 since I'd rather play on a big screen, but plan on following up with the Vita version for the asynchronous gameplay. If it's not addressed, no real loss in my case, but odd nonetheless.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
well this is depressing, Origins was pretty damn good on Vita but Legend seems to be the worst version.

Wow.

Wouldn't be surprised if people cancelled their pre-orders to pick it up on another platform. The invasion levels are great.

Velcro Fly

Still going to get it but I'm going to really wait on it. Probably first good sub $20 price on the Vita and I'll get it. Definitely disappointed because it was one of my most anticipated games after having a ton of fun already with Origins.

The Invaded level was the most fun I had playing the demo. I always was going to double dip starting with the Vita version, but now i'll wait until it becomes cheap.

nampad

It sucks but I don't understand the reason behind it. They ported everything else and even made some exclusive levels.

How hard can it be to port existing levels when the whole engine etc. is already up and running?

Kurod

Banned
I had already canceled my preorder due to September having too many games and me having not enough money but I'm thinking about submitting another order just to cancel it again out of disapproval.

Twinduct

It sucks but I don't understand the reason behind it. They ported everything else and even made some exclusive levels.

How hard can it be to port existing levels when the whole engine etc. is already up and running?

No idea either, some cited the Price difference .. which is kinda moot when most international places have a minimal price difference.

But yeah, completely weird.

jwhit28

I had already canceled my preorder due to money budgeting but I'm thinking about submitting another order just to cancel it again out of disapproval.

And with that order we hit 50,000 guys, we can have the pizza party. Wait... no, he just canceled it right after placing the order. I'm sorry everyone.

flippedb

Banned
So this puts the Wii U version definitely as the one with the most content and best controller scheme?

Sad to hear this, I had the perception of Vita version being really complete.

KLonso

I'm still going to be getting the Vita version, but that's really disappointing. Hopefully the levels can be patched in or something

So this puts the Wii U version definitely as the one with the most content and best controller scheme?

Sad to hear this, I had the perception of Vita version being really complete.

The controls seem to be totally up to preference. Having played the Wii U and PS3 demos, I can say I far prefer non-touch based Murphy levels. Some people are the opposite.

So PC, Wii U, 360 and PS3 all seem even in terms of content, with Wii U either being the best or the worst depending on how you feel about the touch levels.

I hadn't preordered yet, but I seriously almost feel like not buying it at all now. I only really want it on Vita, and knowing it's had some really good stuff cut out just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.. Plus it's not as if there isn't other stuff I can play on my Vita with Killzone and Tearaway coming etc.

DBT85

No fair :(

I can understand why Resogun isn't Vita/PS4 there are technical reasons for it, but I don't get why these levels are excluded from the Vita version.

Maybe its based on the size of the carts?

I'd cross my fingers for them being available as free DLC but I know that isn't happening.

No fair :(

I can understand why Resogun isn't Vita/PS4 there are technical reasons for it, but I don't get why these levels are excluded from the Vita version.

Maybe its based on the size of the carts?

I'd cross my fingers for them being available as free DLC but I know that isn't happening.

They can hold up to 3.3GB and apparently the PS3 version is only 2GB, so it isn't a size issue.

Kensuke

I have a PS3 and Wii U, but I still planned on getting the Vita version. All because I really loved Origins on it. This news is incredibly disappointing. I'm also getting annoyed at Ubisoft's attitude. First the last minute delay and now this. Would it kill them to give us a bit of transparency?

Grisby

Weird. Origins had the same content as the console one's. I was getting Legends on the 360 but this a shame for vita only bros.

Top Bottom