• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEEDS, merged, renamed.

Troidal

Big Icarus said:
Just make a game called "Power Hand" or something. And then tell everyone it's the spiritual successor. Like what was done with Bioshock. It's not like the mythology of God Hand was original at all.

Yeah, look at Xenogears -> Xenosaga

duckroll

The company that SEEDS have merged with according to their site is ODD. ODD Solution is just an arm of Japan Circuit and is not a company on it's own, so it can't be the right one. :p

ethelred

ODD stands for Ocular Degeneration Disorder. It's the name of the company Yasumi Matsuno founded after his recovery from his bout of maliciously inflicted cancer. The good news is he and Shinji Mikami are now collaborating on a most unexpected game...

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Yeahhh, the website they found is about the "ODD Solution" it's not a company.

They probably searched for kabushikigaisha ODD and that is the first link. The actual company is Japan Circuit Co. Ltd.

GG Kotaku.

IzumiK

Banned
ethelred said:
ODD stands for Ocular Degeneration Disorder. It's the name of the company Yasumi Matsuno founded after his recovery from his bout of maliciously inflicted cancer. The good news is he and Shinji Mikami are now collaborating on a most unexpected game...

Eye Training?

I blame WiiFit.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
if they merge with the big tymers they may have a number one album on their hands
or at least something lauded for its artistic vision and grossly unpopular with the general public

Dascu

ethelred said:
OgreHand?

Haunted

Who are these ODD Solutions people?

Regardless of name, I expect quality from Clover SEEDS Platinum Games.

duckroll

The funny thing is, you can get results for ODD's contact and address from online Japanese phonebooks, but the company doesn't seem to have a site. It is pretty... odd!

IzumiK

Banned
I do feel kind of weird quoting Kotaku since they usually source from other news, but they got the name down right didn't they? Duckroll can read the SEEDS site announcement?

duckroll

IzumiK said:
I do feel kind of weird quoting Kotaku since they usually source from other news, but they got the name down right didn't they? Duckroll can read the SEEDS site announcement?

The company they merged with is 株式会社ODD, but what Kotaku linked to is ODDソリューション. They fucked up. :p

IzumiK

Banned
duckroll said:
The company they merged with is 株式会社ODD, but what Kotaku linked to is ODDソリューション. They fucked up. :p

I mean the Platinum Part.

Tristam

Platinum Games has to be the most boring, generic name for a game company ever. It's not even comically bad, like "Super Amazing Games" or something in that vein, just blah.

IzumiK

Banned
duckroll said:
Yeah, it's now called Platinum Games.

At least we can trust Ashcraft's Japanese. He is in Japan now isn't he?

Any links to the actual company they merged with or does this ODD company have no contacts?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
IzumiK said:
At least we can trust Ashcraft's Japanese. He is in Japan now isn't he?

Any links to the actual company they merged with or does this ODD company have no contacts?

Except that he didn't even bother to read the site he linked.

john tv

Hopefully someone from the former SEEDS is reading this and firing off the BAIL OUT flair at the people in charge in hopes of changing back before it's too late. :p

Seriously, there are bad names you can get used to and even love (Dreamcast, Wii, etc.) but then there are bad names that just sound retarded and cheap...like Platinum Games.

Troidal

President: "Hey I want them to make something high quality, like my platinum credit card here. Oh yeah, lets call it Platinum Games."

Others: "That is a great idea, Mr. President" (Oh shit.)

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
i'm watching the episode of star trek: tos that harlan ellison wrote right now, and spock just told kirk he needed a solid block of platinum to construct a mnemonic memory circuit

true story

duckroll

Platinum Games sounds like something you expect from a budget game publisher's full price range, as opposed to something from the guys that used to be at Clover. Oh well!

Alcibiades

seriously, Platinum Games sounds like a label created for the purpose of putting out a ton of low-budget 19.99 games for the bargain bin...

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
It's just a name guys, it's not like they're going to call their first game Awesome Action-Adventure Game. :lol

Haunted

john tv said:
Hopefully someone from the former SEEDS is reading this and firing off the BAIL OUT flair at the people in charge in hopes of changing back before it's too late. :p

Seriously, there are bad names you can get used to and even love (Dreamcast, Wii, etc.) but then there are bad names that just sound retarded and cheap...like Platinum Games.
I loved both Dreamcast and Wii the moment they were announced.

Platinum Games though... sounds like Phoenix Games. :(

Haunted

Tristam said:
That would be the greatest game title ever.
I was going to agree, but:
duckroll said:
Dramatic Rock Slashing Action. :D
has it beat hands down.

Anyway, looking forward to new Phoenix Platinum Games... games.

streetwarrior.jpg

Tristam

beelzebozo said:
imagine how much funnier god hand would be if it was named "man punch face hard fast"

Japanese companies should just process their titles through BabelFish's translator when localizing them in English-speaking countries.

consoul

As any PAL PSone/PS2 gamer can tell you, "Only the best go Platinum".

Platinum Games. Oh noes. That is the name of budget Playstation releases in PAL land. If say, D3 were changing their name to Platinum Games, I could accept it. For SEEDS...it just ain't right.

IzumiK

Banned
"Eds Note: As pointed out on forum NeoGAF, the ODD Corporation linked above (ODD Solutions) might not be what SEEDS is merging with. SEEDS is merging with a company called ODD Corporation, but info about that company is scant."

Does Kotaku stalk us often? lol

Haunted

IzumiK said:
"Eds Note: As pointed out on forum NeoGAF, the ODD Corporation linked above (ODD Solutions) might not be what SEEDS is merging with. SEEDS is merging with a company called ODD Corporation, but info about that company is scant."

Does Kotaku stalk us often? lol
all the time.

Watch them update their story again once duckroll, sp0rsk or another j-GAFfer finds something about that ODD company. :p

Top Bottom