• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Uncharted screens (wwhooa)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ploid 3.0

Mammothtank said:
I wouldn't mind seeing multiplayer levels designed as races to pieces of treasure. Not only would it include a bit of gunplay and fisticuffs, but transversing precarious ledges and traps.

When people play it enough and know exactly how to get to each treasure it will get old. But if it's randomized and all the clues change based on what random location and geography the treasure is now at, that would indeed be cool.

I actually don't need every game I play to have multiplayer. If I want to play multiplayer, I'll log onto Warhawk or Halo. If I want a nice evening of immersing myself in a beautiful game world hand designed by someone, I'll play a single-player game like Uncharted or Heavenly Sword.

KTallguy

Banned
Mammothtank said:
I wouldn't mind seeing multiplayer levels designed as races to pieces of treasure. Not only would it include a bit of gunplay and fisticuffs, but transversing precarious ledges and traps.

Now THIS is an idea.

Raist said:
Yeah, but they're adventure games (bit less for DMC, ok)

I don't know. I see Uncharted as a next gen Flashback or Pitfall. Certainly not as a game that would be cool to play online (except maybe a co-op mode. But certainly not a deathmatch based game). The gameplay just don't look like it would work.

Uncharted is getting wants for multiplayer gaming because of the targeting system and because of Gears. It just seems to be flexible enough for it. No one would ask for multiplayer in something like RE4 (and 5 if its the same), because the controls are a mess and no one wants to fight controls in a multiplayer game despite it having the same style of of over the shoulder firing.

I don't think anyone is saying that the game should have points taken off of it just because they didn't add multiplayer. ND seems more like a company that isn't going to add something just to say "Hey we have this" just to try to please those types of critics. All people are saying is that they think it could work well given the games style.

Goldrusher

I'm still not convinced by the lighting.

It's different on every single screenshot, capture and photo.

But overall, I want:

- less "bright spots"
- less bloom
- no "glowing objects"

Environments, textures, models, as well as the story, gameplay and game content (as far as we know all of that) all look good.
I've been looking forward to this game ever since it's announcement, but the graphics change every minute...

jett

D-Member
bscap0016-1.jpg

Marty Chinn am masturbating total

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
theBishop said:
Well, Tomb Raider hasn't been relevant until about a year ago.

And DMC, I don't see why it shouldn't have some multiplayer. Its inspired by the side-scrolling brawlers of primarily the 8-bit era, and most of them had co-op.

Bloody Palace is co-op awsomism waiting to happend

tha_con

Banned
Duck said:
There's going to be downloadable plasmids.

My opinion of Uncharted not having online play? I dunno. I think the game would be perfect if they designed it with online co-op in mind, but that's just me. I'm just worried about replay value (and unlockables) on the whole – if the only thing that would make me come back are downloadable episodes coming months after the game releases and wanting to play the game again for the sake of reliving its experience, I'll rent the game and save myself $53.

But that's just me.

How about you save us the time and never post in reference to PS3 games ever again?

You never change. Sell your PS3, I'm tired of your ridiculous posts in reference to it's games, simply because they don't have your beloved achievement points.

Uncharted will be awesome, and sadly, you'll probably miss out because you're too cheap.

ZOMG $10 SAVED ON WARHAWK LAWLZ TOO EXPENSIVE AT $40 hahahahaha.

Shut up.

Firewire

Banned
tha_con said:
How about you save us the time and never post in reference to PS3 games ever again?

You never change. Sell your PS3, I'm tired of your ridiculous posts in reference to it's games, simply because they don't have your beloved achievement points.

Uncharted will be awesome, and sadly, you'll probably miss out because you're too cheap.

Shut up.

Ouch! :lol

Raist

Banned
Some random pics from a place where I lived a few years ago.

Uncharted's island gives me this "hey, it could be there" vibe :)

I'm not bouc_emissaire, so sorry if I don't find direct comparisons in ingame shots :p

crique-anguille.jpg

sentierb.jpg

Ile_St_Joseph_Surrounding_Wall.jpg

26.jpg

2110_3_2110_24_guyane.JPG

moulin_a_vent.JPG

Ah, memories.

It's awesome how well they nailed the tropical jungle with ruins setting IMO.

tha_con

Banned
Firewire said:
Ouch! :lol

It's the truth. He bagged on Warhawk day and night and said the $10 hike from $30 to $40 simply made him not want to play the game, it was 'too much'.

Yet he's purchased a bunch of other bullshit w/out replayability, like Dead Rising, as awesome as the game is, has no replayability beyond mindless killing of thousands of zombies.

It's always a double standard with him. It's pititful. Childish. And most of all, it brings disgrace to pokemon all around the world. They are such innocent creatures, and this slander does nothing but tarnish their name. So sad :(

Firewire

Banned
tha_con said:
It's the truth. He bagged on Warhawk day and night and said the $10 hike from $30 to $40 simply made him not want to play the game, it was 'too much'.

Yet he's purchased a bunch of other bullshit w/out replayability, like Dead Rising, as awesome as the game is, has no replayability beyond mindless killing of thousands of zombies.

It's always a double standard with him. It's pititful. Childish. And most of all, it brings disgrace to pokemon all around the world. They are such innocent creatures, and this slander does nothing but tarnish their name. So sad :(

:lol

I agree!

Ploid 3.0

Raist said:

I'm not bouc_emissaire, so sorry if I don't find direct comparisons in ingame shots :p

Ah, memories.

Awesome pictures man. Looks like this game will bring back good memories for you like NY games bring back memories for people who used to live there.

VonGak!

Banned
Goldrusher said:
I'm still not convinced by the lighting.

It's different on every single screenshot, capture and photo.

But overall, I want:

- less "bright spots"
- less bloom
- no "glowing objects"

Environments, textures, models, as well as the story, gameplay and game content (as far as we know all of that) all look good.
I've been looking forward to this game ever since it's announcement, but the graphics change every minute...

- What, you want it to be dark during day (you should try to go outside sometimes)? :| There's no bright spots in the caves and night sequences - There's very little bloom so that's a weird complaint
- It's needed for game-play which Uncharted is all about (it would be dumb not to have it)

Kosma

Banned
Raist said:

Where is he anyways.... :(

I'd love to see one of this threads again.

tha_con said:
And most of all, it brings disgrace to pokemon all around the world. They are such innocent creatures, and this slander does nothing but tarnish their name. So sad :(

:lol

Raist

Banned
oo Kosma oo said:
Where is he anyways.... :(

I'd love to see one of this threads again.

He's been banned at some point but looks like he's not anymore. Haven't seen him post in a long while tho.

RavenFox

Banned
Raist said:

crique-anguille.jpg

sentierb.jpg

26.jpg

moulin_a_vent.JPG

Ah, memories.

So your from Guyana? An old sugar mill in the last pic reminds me of a trip I took to the Caribbean a few weeks ago.

Raist

Banned
RavenFox said:
So your from Guyana? An old sugar mill in the last pic reminds me of a trip I took to the Caribbean a few weeks ago.

Nah, not from there, I just lived for 2 years in french guiana.

Those pics mostly come from a small island that used to be a penal colony.

Doc Evils

Raist said:

crique-anguille.jpg

sentierb.jpg

26.jpg

moulin_a_vent.JPG

Ah, memories.

ND ripped off reality confirmed.

DuckRacer

tha_con said:
Learn to read. I said I'd be renting it, ie playing it, ie enjoying it. I'm totally sorry I might end up saving $53. I'm totally sorry I might not needlessly pay full price for the game and not appease you.
ZOMG LOL I BOUGHT WARHAWK AND AM ENJOYING IT. Selling the headset FTW. Opportunity to sell Warhawk for $10-20 after I'm done with it FTW. More money in my pocket FTW. Warhawk FTW.
tha_con said:
Bagging on Warhawk day and night? LOL, no. Simply made me not want to play the game? LOL. I was disappointed with the pricing, yes, but come the fuck on. You're twisting words and making up bullshit, and you know it.
Yet I've never played Dead Rising beyond the demo. Ever. Not even rented it. Check my gamertag – it's not there.

Get your facts straight if you're going to senselessly pound on someone.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
Could someone please post a shot of him climbing the tower (where the key is at with the skeleton), with the ocean in the background? There's a tree there too, iirc, so if one could contrast the tree/ocean/tower that'd be freaking awesome!

I would do this buy I stupidly deleted the dang file.

Jtrizzy

goes into a real time cut scene, hence the bars (I caught a good shot of the bird flying off, which I've noticed twice now in this trailer)
bscap0001-1.jpg

bscap0025.jpg

bscap0029.jpg

bscap0030.jpg

roxya

Damnit this game is looking sooooo good. I hope it doesn't get screwed by reviewers. Day one for me anyway.

There's just one thing I'm wondering. Where are the animals? I wanna fight gorillas and shit, Tomb Raider style :D

Jtrizzy

Yeah I don't see how anyone can be critical of the water after watching that video...these caps even show how nice the water is.

Oh man the wait is absolutely killing me.
As Indiana Jones is my favorite movie of all time I have waited so long for someone to get the vibe perfect and it looks like Uncharted has finally nailed it.

Banned
sol_bad said:
0011101010011, seriously dude.If you want to complain about hit detection issues then you should go complain in the Halo 3 thread. In Halo 3 when a Warthog gets blown up Master Chief along with any marine on the vehicle will sink right through that Warthog.

Also is anyone downloading extremely slowly from Gamersyde? I'm on ADSL2+ and only getting 30k from there.

Why the fuck would I go into the Halo thread?? I've NEVER been in there. this is a thread about Uncharted Graphics.. why are you so fucking quick to bring Halo 3 into it? As if that game has ANY relevance to this one.

Banned
tha_con said:
You're an idiot.

You better run over to the threads for Lair, Gears of War, Resistnace, Halo 3, Dead Rising, Heavenly Sword, Madden, Assasins Creed, Metal Gear Solid 4, Army of Two, Call of Duty 4, and nearly every single other next gen game out there, becuase none of those have what you're looking for either.

Kill yourself, PLEASE. Society could use it.

man, that's fucking harsh. I'm not affected personally... but I don't think a few comments about graphics in a single game affects greater society as a whole.

I fucked your mother.

Afrikan

roxya said:
Damnit this game is looking sooooo good. I hope it doesn't get screwed by reviewers. Day one for me anyway.

There's just one thing I'm wondering. Where are the animals? I wanna fight gorillas and shit, Tomb Raider style :D

I'm afraid to ask as well...I would love to see some animals running around.......maybe in the sequel...we'll just have to settle for Afrika for now......God knows if it even has a release date

I can't wait for Uncharted....

Firewire

Banned
00011000 said:
man, that's fucking harsh. I'm not affected personally... but I don't think a few comments about graphics in a single game affects greater society as a whole.

I fucked your mother.

Oh, junior!

bouc_emissaire

Who Compares, Wins
Unchartedcompa20062007.jpg

I used pics posted here by several members, i hope it's not a problem.

Naugty Dog guys are doing an amazine job. They've got some of the best talents of the industry.
I'm totaly amazed by the game, and more by the last built.

joshcryer

Jtrizzy said:

Thanks a lot man! Some great views there, I was in awe throughout that whole sequence.

Afrikan said:
I'm afraid to ask as well...I would love to see some animals running around.......maybe in the sequel...we'll just have to settle for Afrika for now......God knows if it even has a release date

I can't wait for Uncharted....

There are birds flying around and perching on stuff. Seagulls in the Gamersyde vid. There was a toucan in another vid.

From the "making the game" trailer, the concept art seemed to indicate a section with a lot of spiders...probably a scene reminiscent of Indiana Jones' "Snakes...I hate snakes" moment.

RavenFox

Banned
Raist said:
Nah, not from there, I just lived for 2 years in french guiana.

Those pics mostly come from a small island that used to be a penal colony.
Ahh gotcha. :). The islands are very beautiful though.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
For some reason this game reminds me of the first level or so of this old ass game called Flashback for Genesis I think it was. :lol

methane47

bouc_emissaire said:
http://generationdreamteam.free.fr//imagesjeux/Comparaisons/Unchartedcompa20062007.jpg

Naugty Dog guys are doing an amazine job. They've got some of the best talents of the industry.

Dude seriously.. you're the man

upon closer inspection.. I think I really like the details/textures/wrinkles from the latest build more .. but I like the lighting more from the target render

joshcryer

00011000 said:
Why the fuck would I go into the Halo thread?? I've NEVER been in there. this is a thread about Uncharted Graphics.. why are you so fucking quick to bring Halo 3 into it? As if that game has ANY relevance to this one.

More importantly: Why wouldn't you? If you're going to be critical of graphics, why aren't you in all of the listed threads bitching each and every one of them out? Why is Uncharted your focus? And can we expect your wonderful criticism later on in other threads? :lol

Raist

Banned
bouc_emissaire said:
Unchartedcompa20062007.jpg

Did I summon you or something ? :eek:

Very nice work, as always :)

Banned
joshcryer said:
More importantly: Why wouldn't you? If you're going to be critical of graphics, why aren't you in all of the listed threads bitching each and every one of them out? Why is Uncharted your focus? And can we expect your wonderful criticism later on in other threads? :lol

why wouldn't I?

I'm not criticizing the game in a non-constructive way. I'm pretty sure ND takes feedback from its fans and I've just as much right to point out flaws as you have to shower it with praise.

I'm not criticizing this game for nefarious reasons... and I'm not "picking" on it, which your comment seems to imply. I'm criticizing this game because I love it so much so far.

You know, tough love and all that shit.

Bottom Line:
I LOVE the look of this game. Regardless of anything negative I've said. A day-one purchase for me if screen-tearing is not an issue.

00011000 said:
why wouldn't I?

I'm not criticizing the game in a non-constructive way. I'm pretty sure ND takes feedback from its fans and I've just as much right to point out flaws as you have to shower it with praise.

I'm not criticizing this game for nefarious reasons... and I'm not "picking" on it, which your comment seems to imply. I'm criticizing this game because I love it so much so far.

You know, tough love and all that shit.

Bottom Line:
I LOVE the look of this game. Regardless of anything negative I've said. A day-one purchase for me if screen-tearing is not an issue.

Jesus christ Nozi, do you ever give up?

Kittonwy

Banned
bouc_emissaire said:
http://generationdreamteam.free.fr//imagesjeux/Comparaisons/Unchartedcompa20062007.jpg

Holy shit how the fuck did they end up with a BETTER-looking actual game than their target engine footage? Like WTF rawr. Forget about it. If this game has a cameo by Mr. Fucking Convoy it would be fucking perfect rawr.
Indifferent2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom