• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Contra 4: Release date, box cover art

15p4ky8.jpg

2u6fxcn.jpg

November 13th.

GOTY?

Answer: Yes.

Lee N

Membre
wasn't this supposed to be 4-player co-op? they even had 4 dudes on the old poster.. now it's down to two.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Congrats to Konami and WayForward for keeping their fucking heads screwed on and making the box art just as much of an early-Contra homage as the game as demoed thusfar has been.

Firestorm

GameCrazy is giving a free 20th Anniversary Pack with pre-orders in the USA. Might be similar to that awesome Castlevania one?

sphinx

the piano man
how can anyone's wallet survive this hoilday season?

it's too much, there are like 12 games I'd consider "must-have" in Q4 alone.

I hate having to be selective but I have no choice, I guess 'll get this sometime in early 2008.

White Man

In all the screenshots and movies and artwork, they have totally nailed the OG Contra style. Good job. Can't wait for this game. I hope it's uh, kind of longer than the old games, or at least offers compelling reasons to replay it repeatably.

brandonh83 said:
So one of the "unique selling points" implies that it's better than Contra 3.
Don't they do that with like every sequel ever? 'Tis to be expected.

But let's hope all the same.

The M.O.B

NP said 4 player co-op and we saw screens with 4 players but I guess it didn't work out.

2 player is still awesome though.

Flakster99

They have absolutely nailed the old school, artistic look that I fancy so very, very much. November 13th cannot come soon enough. :)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
sphinx said:
how can anyone's wallet survive this hoilday season? it's too much, there are like 12 games I'd consider "must-have" in Q4 alone. I hate having to be selective but I have no choice, I guess 'll get this sometime in early 2008.

12? Are you kidding me? That's all? Here's what I have on my list from September-December (bolded what I've already picked up):

DS: Drawn to Life, Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Phoenix Wright 3, Contra 4, Front Mission DS, Ninja Gaiden DS, Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker, FFXII: Revenant Wings, Professor Layton... (Plus, lesser must-haves: DK Jungle Climber, Chibi-Robo, Mario Party DS, Cooking Mama 2, Ontamarama, Mega Man ZX Advent, Looney Tunes: Duck Amuck, Flash Focus, Master of Illusion)

PSP: FFT, Castlevania: DX, Disgaea, Silent Hill: Origins

Wii: Batallion Wars 2, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Nights (Lesser: Lego Star Wars Complete, Mario & Sonic, Ghost Squad, RE: UC, Mercury Meltdown Revolution, Victorious Boxers Revolution)

X360: Halo 3, Orange Box, Mass Effect (Lesser: Beautiful Katamari)

PS2: Soul Cradle

Multiplatform: Thrillville 2, Manhunt 2, Guitar Hero 3, Rock Band, The Simpsons Game, Need for Speed Pro Street, Kane and Lynch, Call of Duty 4

I don't do much PC gaming and I don't own a PS3. I guess if I owned a PS3, I'd be picking up Ratchet and Clank, Folklore, BlackSite, UT3, Haze...

NolbertoS

My wallet has been taking a hit ever since I became a multi-console, multi-portable gamer, and now I'll be more broke than it is :( :p..oh well, games are my hobby and a I have a huge craving to feed tha hobby with as many Xbox360, PS3, Wii, DS and PSP games.

This is fantastic. First day for me for sure.

By the way, I beat the first Contra without dying a single time. Took me a really damn long time to do it, many weeks of practice. Totally worth it.

Joe Molotov

I heard Floyd Landis looked at this boxart right before the Tour de France, and that's why he tested positive for high levels of testosterone.

Narag

Joe Molotov said:
I heard Floyd Landis looked at this boxart right before the Tour de France, and that's why he tested positive for high levels of testosterone.
:lol

Looks awesome. Hoping the preorder bonus is akin to the Castlevania 20th anniversary one.

NichM

Banned
brandonh83 said:
So one of the "unique selling points" implies that it's better than Contra 3.

Did you expect the marketing one-sheet to tell retailers, "Almost as good as Contra III!" Of course not. It's just like how every Sonic is "the fastest one yet!"

Top Bottom