• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All GTA V leaked screens and video go here, and only here

Status
Not open for further replies.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
What's the difference between a gamertag ban and a console ban?

Also, screw MS, seriously. What a bunch of crap.

cdkee

Banned
Damn, I always thought they wouldn't ban a console if you got a legit retail copy...taking down the videos is one thing but wow.

DR3AM

he'll get unbanned after the release. but this is stupid for banning him in the first place. looks like a legit copy.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
What's the difference between a gamertag ban and a console ban?

Also, screw MS, seriously. What a bunch of crap.

Gamertag ban= make a new gamertag.
Console ban= buy a new console.

Something similar happened to a fellow gaffer last year for Halo 4 too, lol. Sucks.

Alienous

holly shit, not even a Gamertag but a wide console ban.

Is this really against the TOS? I mean, he got a legit copy.

It's silly, really.

Well, if I were the guy I'd beast through the game and provide spoilers for those who wanted them. I'm sure he could find another console.

I'd take the console ban as a declaration of war.

maneil99

He can still upload shit. If i were him id tell rockstar to get ms to unban me or im going to race to the ending asap

Microsoft is really weird when it comes to early copies of games. If you're not on a list like a reviewer you're banned even if you have a legitimate copy of the game.

I remember a topic on GAF where something similar happened with Halo Reach and it didn't end well.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Gamertag ban= make a new gamertag.
Console ban= buy a new console.

Something similar happened to a fellow gaffer last year for Halo 4 too, lol. Sucks.

Oh man! He doesn't seem too bothered, maybe he's hopping into next gen this year hah.

Alienous

Can't he just play it offline? Or did they actually brick his console

A console ban renders the console unplayable. Edit: Or so I had heard. Apparently not the case.

I can't wait until Microsoft release the Xbox One. When you get a console ban of that, and your $499 system becomes useless, they probably take your picture with the Kinect camera and send it around to your neighbors systems do you can't play on theirs. Because fuck you.

GreyWind

Microsoft is really weird when it comes to early copies of games. If you're not on a list like a reviewer you're banned even if you have a legitimate copy of the game.

I remember a topic on GAF where something similar happened with Halo Reach and it didn't end well.

Yeah someone got banned for playing a legit copy of Forza Horizon few days before release.

maneil99

Who, honestly, didn't see this ban coming? The guy's playing GTAV before release.
Thats no reason to ban someones entire account. Sony doesnt do that. If i buy the game legally why should I get banned. If you get a phone early does your provider ban you?

maneil99

A console ban renders the console unplayable.

I can't wait until Microsoft release the Xbox One. When you get a console ban of that, and your $499 system becomes useless, they probably take your picture with the Kinect camera and send it around to your neighbors. Because fuck you.
Not true at all. I had my first console banned due to modding it. You just cant connect to live

I don't think banning the console actually bricks it...you just can't use LIVE anymore.

He said he'll upload even more videos now lol.

Well he payed for it, has proof and anything he can do whatever the fucks he wants with it

Thats no reason to ban someones entire account. Sony doesnt do that. If i buy the game legally why should I get banned. If you get a phone early does your provider ban you?

its a retail copy.

I'm not saying he should have been banned, don't get me wrong, I think it's totally messed up. I'm just saying with MS's track record for banning people for playing games before release, it shouldn't have been a surprise that he was.

Aleph

I don't think banning the console actually bricks it...you just can't use LIVE anymore.

Yep, if you get your console banned you can't use LIVE services, and the install to disk option is disabled.

Wish he would go use Instagram.

You can just record with the regular camera app then upload the video to instagram, so he doesnt have to play one handed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom