• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turok 2 (canceled 360/PS3) Art/Renders/Screens - Feathers, Scales, and Spikes, Oh My!

Explanation of the bump:

Yes, I was. It was going in a great direction when canceled. Btw, those cover mockups weren't part of the package, somebody must have put those together later.

Still, from pain comes something cool. Keep your fingers crossed for me, wouldja?
stage 1 incoming

Hype.

Original thread:

Apologies if already posted (I searched)- I know these have been floating around on the web for a little while now, but I only just found them.

Anyways, prepare to lament the loss of this awesome looking Dinosaur game.

--------------

Short video of a Desert T-Rex fucking shit up.

1pedrwy.jpg

qtUyfqb.jpg

SPRNsS5.jpg

v69TQiS.jpg

yl4GJgp.jpg

LF0y8Ko.jpg

nQQoSJA.jpg

C9R6Kk5.jpg

FFlGcen.jpg

6KEU1Du.jpg

sQoj0cS.jpg

kvGDlj6.jpg

6SXVEjh.jpg

NmKDXEz.jpg

keJUv3n.jpg

Pw6p38v.jpg

MN69bdo.jpg

B8lbPLM.jpg

2gVbwoi.jpg

U1VX01S.jpg

PkcXqow.jpg

bauXbVo.jpg

eRrzwVx.jpg

gTYC5jD.jpg

6EBTyqy.jpg

b71HZ9R.jpg

XsWoEzd.jpg

k5vurEH.jpg

wAnLmAs.jpg

ojtPdEi.jpg

L72R71J.jpg

azzlpg5.jpg

I would have really liked to see this come out. =(

This and the cancellation of Amarda of the Damned really disappoints me.

I didn't even know that Turok 2 was even in development. D:

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
They had feathered dinosaurs? Damn, they were ahead of times.

I once heard that this was going to be so much better than the second one. Still hurts my soul :(

I bet this is on Disney. As always.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Disney, why do you suck at video games?

Because, unless it has any of Mickey and company, it's not for kids, therefore not for sale.

Or so it seems. I think we're lucky that Star Wars is a big enough IP for them to give it to someone else to develop.

Takao

Banned
Because, unless it has any of Mickey and company, it's not for kids, therefore not for sale.

Or so it seems. I think we're lucky that Star Wars is a big enough IP for them to give it to someone else to develop.

Oh, they suck at Mickey games too. They just suck at the traditional games space in general.

Jawmuncher

Thanks for posting this first I have seen these!

Still so sad that Turok 2 was cancelled. Propaganda i'm sure would've knocked it out of the park with Turok 2. They just kept getting better and better. Sucks we'll never see this universe of Turok again though. Since I personally think it's the best use of the character. Yes even better than his comic iterations which birthed him.

If biosoptl shows up I wonder if he can tell us what's happening to this iteration of turok's universe. If I recall the rights to turok go back to the owners since Disney doesn't want anything to do with it anymore. But what would that mean if someone wanted to ressurect this Turok 2? Could another company possibly do it if the rights go back?

Nunchucks

Banned
Damn that looks awesome, it looks like they were planning on addressing the problems of the first game. Too bad they lost so much faith with that release.

FTF

well damn, that kind of sucks. Turok 2: Seeds of Evil for N64 was pretty good stuff back in the day.

Is EA actually safe to make Star Wars games or can Disney pull the plug on any of the projects at any moment?

In regards to Turok 2. :( I enjoyed what Propaganda did on the first game and am sad to see this and Armada of the Damned negated to limbo forever. Too bad someone like Square Enix couldn't have come along to save it like they did with Sleeping Dogs.

A lot of terrible games have beautiful concept art. All anyone needs to do is play a few minutes of Turok on 360 to know why we will probably never see another Turok game.

Jawmuncher

Is EA actually safe to make Star Wars games or can Disney pull the plug on any of the projects at any moment?

In regards to Turok 2. :( I enjoyed what Propaganda did on the first game and am sad to see this and Armada of the Damned negated to limbo forever. Too bad someone like Square Enix couldn't have come along to save it like they did with Sleeping Dogs.

This is what i'm still wondering about. So far we have been graced with a Turok title every gen since N64. So I have a feeling we'll see him again next gen. Just as I said earlier if I recall bishoptl said that Disney doesn't own the IP anymore. So that would mean anyone technically could go and grab the IP again and make a new game. I'm unsure though if a new company could grab the IP and still make Turok 2 as we see it here.

I'm hoping that's the case since i'm assuming even a reimagning of the brand would still go back to the Turok owners since it's under the same umbrella.

Jawmuncher

Why was it canceled?

It wasn't because of sales. Last I recall it should well enough across all platforms.
i'm assuming it was cut due to Disney's cutting back on all game projects. Which hurt a lot of great development teams.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Feathered dinosaurs = Best dinosaurs.

1313, Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Damned and no this, Disney is awful.

Top Bottom